Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

April DG Tournament in Lafayette, LA

Posted by L.O. 
5th Annual Lafayette Open

SOUTHERN NATIONAL QUALIFIER

APRIL 6 & 7, 2002
ACADIANA PARK - Lafayette, LA
THREE ROUNDS
10 AM TEE OFF

[www.angelfire.com]
ll
Re: April DG Tournament in Lafayette, LA
March 21, 2002 09:29PM
OPEN 37$
PRO MASTER 32$
PRO WOMEN 32$
GRANDMASTER 30$
ADV MASTER 28$
ADVANCED 28$
AMATEUR 22$ (men & women)
NOVICE 17$
JUNIOR 17$
vp
March 22, 2002 11:19AM
There will be a Final Four (Pro) play-off for the forth and final round.
1st place plaques will be given in all divisions.
Numerous C.T.P. prizes will also be given. $$$
Everyone who signs up will get a 5th annual T-shirt.
And possibly (like always) have several rings-of-fire for prizes.

Lots of camping space available at camp ground in park.
And don't forget-----its Crawfish season------yum
boy you'd better have me @ eight pounds of dem craw-daddy's for me now, ya' hear? I'll prob be needing a place to stay as well, Sat night and poss. Fri. I'll talk to ya'll later.
peace, Will T
Go here for more details:

[www.acadianaparkdiscgolf.com]

To get the complete tournament flyer, go here:

[www.angelfire.com]
There are a few places that are open locally if you show up early at the park on friday afternoon. Call me up at 504-866-0295 before then.
What's your number, Willie? I can probably put you up again. Me and my cousin are doing a big barbecue Friday night. You can call me in N.O. at the "Blueboy" number.
vl
April 02, 2002 09:13PM
hey chris,

willt has occasional www access and probably wouldn't see your post till after the event-- so i gave him your N.O. phone #...
Thanks a bunch to the person who felt it necessary to put on a tournament in Pensacola opposite our marquis Lafayette event. While it is true that fewer players from Mobile makes cashing in Lafayette increasingly possible, a higher turnout would be preferred. Is this going to happen every year from now on? Whatever happens, we have had five Lafayette Opens to date and we will have many more, regardless of who is competing against us. So there! Thhbbfht!
yup
April 03, 2002 08:24PM
i agree that more should be done to eliminate conflicting event dates on the SN tour when they are within reasonable driving distance of each other.

the same thing happend to an event in BR.

we promoted the new event for MONTHS and in the final few weeks up pops a conflicting SN event at the bogue on the same weekend.. very disheartening...

these conflicts are probably due to the fact that there is no "real" criteria for sanctioning a SN event-- other than sending SN two bucks a head.

for instance, in getting PDGA sanctioning, conflicting dates are not "allowed" (within reason, travel wise)

regardless of if a player likes that organization or not-- at least they work on those type problems ACTIVELY.

and far better pre event communication occurs between the PDGA & a TD compared to the SN series... hands down.

it does kinda suck that events so close are allowed to be "sanctioned" by the SN Series on the same weekend... because it splits up the turnout-- without a doubt.
True that.....
TALK ABOUT TRUE! TODAYS TOURNEY HAD 80 COMPETITORS...THAT'S THE GOOD NEWS.

THE BAD NEWS IS THAT NONE OF THEM WERE FROM THE MOBILE AREA OR WE COULD HAVE HAD OUR FIRST 100 COMPETITOR EVENT IN LAFAYETTE. ;-(

A HUGE THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO DID SUPPORT US AND TO THE REST OF YOU...NEXT TIME...YA'LL COME! ;-)
Photos from the Lafayette Spring Tourney are now online. Just go to:
[www.acadianaparkdiscgolf.com] and click on the banner.

Thanks to all for your participation.
yup
April 08, 2002 11:21AM
excellent job! lafayette krewe...

three rounds of 27 holes (*2 rounds from AM tees and one from the PRO tees*)... and then we played a 27 hole random draw doubles...

108 holes... about 31,000 feet of disc throwing for me this weekend...

whoohoo!

thanks team acadiana. . keep up the good work.
R.A.
April 08, 2002 01:08PM
Mister Bogey,

Thanks for the photos, that is so cool! Now I see why I missed my putt on hole 18 thanks to your picture. It's really neat to see how eveyone has their own putting form/poise and getting to see pictures of folks teeing off. Thanks again for shooting all the photos and letting everyone look at them. Thanks to the whole Lafayette crew, Ronnie and I had a great time and we couldn't have asked for nicer weather.

Thanks, Robin Adams :)
jim
April 10, 2002 09:09PM
i would like to thank will t and the lafayette crew for such a fine tournament . i will take the blame for both the tournaments that were run to close . the chickasabouge tournament was suppose to be taken off the schedule . it was up first by the way ,we tried to cancel it . the server was down for a long time. it came back on with it still on there and i was afraid someone would show up .i keep it so quite we only had 28 people . the blue angel could only be on that weekend due to other events already . i have ask them to move over one week. layayette was going to move it to the second week end but then moved it back to the regular weekend .i hope we can put them up a year ahead ,so if you can please email your dates in as soon as possile.i hope everyone understand sometimes thing just happen. i will try to be more carefull. we had 68 players at the blue angel ,20 novice ,very few from mobile as you can see ,i also did not mail out to anyone in the lafayette area. boy my blood pressure going up , i better stop . please try to understand and thanks again to all who made your event a great one ,jim
We understand Jim and hope you will be feeling better and out on the course soon. Eighty players and three 27 hole rounds was plenty enough to add up anyway! ;-)

Please put Lafayette down for the first weekend in March of 2003.

We had planned our next tournament for September 21, but there is already one planned in B.R. for that day. Our sponsor (Breaux's Mart)wanted the same weekend as the Festival Acadiens, but we'll just have to convince him that the weather (and those darn mosquitos) are much better in the early Fall...;-)

Besides we may be able to get the additonal holes finished by then and have two 18-hole courses to play!

We'll let you know as soon as we have a date for the late Summer/early Fall tournament.

Take care,

Joe T
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013