Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Rosedale?

Posted by ThomasD 
Rosedale?
August 12, 2014 01:33PM
Whatever happened to that course and tournament? We used to have a blast going down there for the one day.
Re: Rosedale?
September 09, 2014 01:28PM
What a shame. Been so long nobody even remembers it...
September 09, 2014 02:55PM
Its my understanding that the park is not maintaining the course after the last flood last spring...apparently lots of debris was washed into the baskets making them pretty much useless to play on. I have not been there personally just relaying what Ive been told from folks who live up that way. It was a nice park to play.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
September 10, 2014 07:37AM
Great River Road State Park is no longer a functioning park. It has been closed for some time ,is my understanding. That was one of the better courses in the state. Well maintained. Really miss playing there.
September 10, 2014 01:54PM
Yes I drove over from time to time when I lived in Greenwood. They closed the park after the flooding and I do not believe it opened back up.I guess the baskets are still there but not sure.
September 10, 2014 08:37PM
There was the yearly Great River Road Open but don't forget the Huck Finn Open. You could win a steamboat steering wheel trophy. 06/14/2003 Jabba worked all night, got off at 3 or 4 a.m., drove straight to the course about 3 and 1/2 hours, no sleep whatsoever, then proceeded to shoot a ridiculous -15 (39) the first round and -24 (85) for the day to win open by 5. Legendary.

[www.sndg.org]
September 10, 2014 08:48PM
Discjazz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There was the yearly Great River Road Open but
> don't forget the Huck Finn Open. You could win a
> steamboat steering wheel trophy. 06/14/2003 Jabba
> worked all night, got off at 3 or 4 a.m., drove
> straight to the course about 3 and 1/2 hours, no
> sleep whatsoever, then proceeded to shoot a
> ridiculous -15 (39) the first round and -24 (85)
> for the day to win open by 5. Legendary.
>
>

NICE!!!! The thing legends are made of.......

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
September 11, 2014 03:17PM
I also miss that place..It was very fun and very well maintained as Zack said. Sad to see it go. There were lots of great memories for sure.

Some days you're just on and the basket looks like a pool.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
September 12, 2014 07:10AM
I remember one of the events there we were throwing off for the ace pot. Jabba walks up holding the ace pot envelope in one hand and a Roc in the other and busts the thing from about 180-200 feet . Also remember we used to throw ace pot from the top of the tower there. Lots of great memories.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013