Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mississippi school disc golf teams/clubs

Posted by ryangmelton 
Mississippi school disc golf teams/clubs
August 26, 2014 05:15PM
Hello all,

I have started a Disc Golf club at Grenada Middle School. I was trying to find out if there are any others in Mississippi that might be interested in competitions.
Re: Mississippi school disc golf teams/clubs
August 26, 2014 08:47PM
This is great! I teach at grenada high school and play disc golf if your ever need any help

Matthew Gardner
August 28, 2014 01:01PM
Small world! I had no clue. Start a club up there so we have someone to compete against! We practice on Thursday afternoons. Several of my players from last year are begging me to let them come back even though they are in high school. Where do you play at. I go to Cossar and play at least once a month. Have you heard of any other schools that have disc golf. I know Tupelo has a course at their high school, but no clue who is in charge there.
August 28, 2014 03:20PM
Tupelo High school has a nice course but I am not sure there is anyone there to start a club.

Millington High School had a club in TN

I play cossar a lot. I am playing in the SNAC in Memphis this weekend
August 28, 2014 04:54PM
Are you part of the group that plays Cossar about every Sunday? I have been up there several times and have seen a group of folks playing. I don't have any tournament points from last year to get to play in the SNAC. I hope to get to watch some of it Saturday while I am up there. I have started playing some tournaments this year so maybe can compete next year.
August 29, 2014 10:04PM
Anytime you want to play let me know and we can get together. If yall practice next Thursday let me know where and I'll come out after school

My number is 662 832 3472
September 30, 2014 01:09PM
We have started our practices. We practice at the field by the train tracks. We have 2 portable baskets we use, and just move the baskets around. I only have about 9 players right now, due to football. That number will go up once football is over. You are welcome to come out any Thursday you want. We practice from 3:30-5. We are not very good, but we are getting there. I have 2 high school guys that come play, they played for me last year.

Anytime you would like, please come by and join in. Bring some high school folks to if you would like. Would love for us to have someone to compete against!
October 07, 2014 02:21PM
We had a club started at Baxterville attendance center in 2010. I no longer work for the school system so I am not sure if it is still active. Jeffery Rayborn at 601-744-6291 was the coach in charge and they had 20+ kids participating. We are currently trying to form a club at Pearl River Community College in Hattiesburg.

Dale
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013