Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Pleasure Island Texas - Amateur Championship/Skins 3-22/23

Pleasure Island Amateur Championship
March 22nd and 23rd
PDGA Amateur B-tier
Four Rounds of Eighteen for All Divisions
Big Merchandise Skins Match for the Top Four Scores

Team Disaster Disc Golf Promotions and the Velocity Disc Golf Alliance are proud to present The Pleasure Island Amateur Championships, March 22nd and 23rd. The tournament will take place in Port Arthur, Texas on the beautiful, John Houck designed, Pleasure Island Disc Golf course, home of the 1994 and 1995 PDGA World Championships.

We have designed this tournament to showcase the best amateur disc golfers that Texas and Louisiana have to offer. As an amateur disc golfer, the spotlight will be squarely on you this weekend. Payout will be the top 40% in each division and as with all Team Disaster events, YOU GET TO PICK YOUR PRIZES! The format will be four rounds of 18 for everyone. After the final round watch as the top four golfers of the weekend, regardless of division, battle it out for over $200 worth of merchandise in a skins match (ties will be broken before the skins match).

Schedule: Friday – Bring your partner doubles; flex start between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m. Saturday morning - late registration will be taken through 8:30 a.m. SHARP. Player's meeting at 9:00 a.m. Sunday – cards available at 8:30 a.m., round 3 tees off at 9:00 a.m.

Ratings: Any player may play a division above their current PDGA rating, playing below your current PDGA rating is not allowed. If you do not have a PDGA rating, contact me directly (see below) to determine your appropriate division.

Please check your division
_____ $42 Advanced Men, MA1 (925+ rated players)
_____ $42 Advanced Masters, MM1 (875+ rated players)
_____ $42 Advanced Women, FW1 (800+ rated players)
_____ $37 Intermediate Men, MA2 (< 925 rated players)
_____ $37 Intermediate Women, FW2 (< 800 rated players)
_____ $27 Recreational Men, MA3 (< 875 rated players)
_____ $27 Recreational Women, FW3 (< 750 rated players)
_____ $22 Junior Boys, MJ1 (Any rating, age less than 19)
_____ $22 Junior Girls, FJ1 (Any rating, age less than 19)
_____ $5 PDGA fee (Required for non-members)
_____ $5 Optional Ace Pot

_____ Total Enclosed

Name:___________________________________________________

PDGA#: ________________________________________________

PDGA Rating (if known): __________________________________

Phone: __________________________________________________

Email: __________________________________________________
(If you have not been receiving Team Disaster emails)

Signature: _______________________________________________

By entering a Team Disaster Disc Golf tournament you agree to abide by all the rules and conditions of each event. The decisions of the tournament directors will be final. The tournament directors reserve the right to refuse entry, or disqualify players for infractions to these rules and laws. All PDGA rules apply along with any conditions detailed at each players meeting. Also by entering each event you hold no liability to the host city, tournament directors, sponsors, promoters, staff or volunteers.

Make checks payable to: John Edwards, 6014 Sanford, Houston, Texas 77096
Or Pay with credit card through: www.titledisc.com
Questions can be sent to: uncdrummer@hotmail.com
John can also be reached at: (832) 279-8084

Directions to the Pleasure Island Disc Golf Course, Port Arthur, Texas:

From I-10 going East: Take HWY 73 in Winnie. Stay on 73 for about 25 miles until you reach the overpass, DO NOT go over the over pass. Continue straight under the overpass you are now on Hwy 82 (MLK). Go straight for about 3 miles and go over the MLK Bridge. At the bottom of the Bridge take a right, go 1.5 miles and the course is on the right.

From I-10 going West: Take a left on Hwy 62. From 62 head straight until you reach HWY 87, take a right on Hwy 87 (Texas Ave.) and go through Bridge City. Go over the Rainbow Bridge and you are now on Hwy 73/87. Stay on Hwy 73 (**DO NOT take the Port Arthur exit) until you reach MLK (hwy 82) go over the over pass and around the loop. Go straight for about 3 miles and go over the MLK Bridge. At the bottom of the Bridge take a right, go 1.5 miles and the course is on the right. (**note if you have accidentally taken the Port Arthur exit , continue straight on Gulfway Dr. until you reach MLK/Hwy 82 take a left and go over the MLK bridge)

If you are not already on the Team Disaster email list, be sure to notify John “Gimp” Edwards III at uncdrummer@hotmail.com if you would like to be added. The list will only be used to keep you informed about upcoming events and for event reports.
So we are thinking of making this a SN Qualifier. I don't know very much about the SN system. Would some of you come that would not otherwise come if we make it a SN Qualifier? We need to get some Texas - Louisiana AM rivalries going! Port Arthur is the perfect place for this border skirmish and it is a great fun course. Thoughts?
Hey Gimp,

I'd be there in a heartbeat but I'll be at the Gator Country Classic in Gainesville. I like the idea of a TX/LA rivalry. I managed to kick a little TXButt on your home courses. =8)

Do you get many folks from the St. Charles area?
How long does it take you to get to Gainesville - is that a SN event? Don't know if we will get many from St. Charles or not. I hope so. :)
Gimp, it'll take me about 9-10 hrs to get to Gainesville. I'm going to the University of Florida for academic reasons, then hanging out to play in two PDGA B-tiers, the Gator Country and the Melbourne Open. Both are two day events. Neither are SNQs.

Reason I was wondering about St. Charles is because I've never met anyone at any tourneys from the St. Chas region. As the SN moves west to assimilate Houston, it will engulf St. Charles. =8)

Jimo, if you read this, definitely contact John about making some of his events SNQs. He's got a good organization and several volunteers to help out. He has scores posted online before I get home from his events!
I would really like to see some of the SN folks out there. If you are interested in coming please let one of us know as soon as possible, that way we will know for sure if we should try to make it a qualifier. It is hard to justify making it a qualifier without knowing if any LA sn players will show. So please, if your interested, let us know.

thanks
john, i am sure that you would draw a few people from lafayette if you made it a southern national qualifier, they seem to like the southern national series a lot. i played in 3 of 4 of the GCWCS and i'm two hours further away in n'awlins, should make it for the b-tier final too.
keep in mind that regardless of if the regular SN krewe attends or not, you'll be helping to qualify texican disc golfers for the SN Finals (Pros in BR, AMS in Hattiesburg) which are HUGE payout events...

wasn't last year in Memphis the biggest Btier on the planet? i could be mistaken, but it was one of the biggest...

for you texican AMS... you guys'd love the Hattiesburg course where the SN AM FINALS will be hosted!! (the SN AM event is not a PDGA event nor a USDGC qualifier)

and the PRO SN FINALS will be at Greenwood & Highland!! and it IS a USDGC qualifier (the last one possible too, btw)
Playing in one event would not get you enough points to make the final though correct?
qualifying for the SN Finals events, (PRO or AM) only takes one event...

yup, thats right... a competitor only need attend one SN qualifier, and that dg'r is qualified!!!
BTTT - I hope some of you can make it! :)

[www.hfds.org]
We have added over $1000 in merch. and prizes! Strokesaver has jumped on board as our title sponsor. We will be giving away a basket for the winner of ADV. and INT.We will also be giving away a basket along with entry to the skins match in a raffle drawing. The skins match already has over $300 worth of skins merch.

If anyone who would like to come but would like this tourney to be a SN qualifier please let me know ASAP by e-mail. focus409@hotmail.com
thanks for your efforts scott. good job on the sponsors!
3w
Sorry, Scott. Wish I could make it but I'll be in Florida that week. Maybe next year....
OK - I promise not to bump this again. Hope some of ya'll can make it! WAY over $1,000 added plus a players pack if you reg. early...

Registrations are starting to roll in, but we have plenty of limited edition
Black X Wasps left for folks who register before March 20th. For those of you
who don't know, we will have well over $1,000 added prizes for this event. We
are now having an auction for a basket and the 4th spot in the big skins match.
Full details and flier below.

The host Hotel is "The Best Western Airport Inn" Located on Hwy 69 @ Nederland
Ave. The rate is $48 per night for a Double or a Single bed room. The phone #
is (409)-727-1631 and be sure to tell them that "Tammy" gave you the rate.

Directions from the course: Go straight over the MLK Bridge, take the Hwy 73
exit before the overpass. Go straight about 5 miles and take the Beaumont
Exit(Hwy 69). From 69 take the Nederland Ave exit, go through the stop sign and
take a right into the parking lot.

Strokesaver Pleasure Island Amateur Championship
March 22nd and 23rd
PDGA Amateur B-tier
4 Rounds of 18 for All Divisions
Big Merchandise Skins Match for the Lowest Three Scores
Win a Strokesaver Basket and the 4th spot in the skins match
by winning the big raffle!
OVER $1,000 ADDED MERCHANDISE AND PRIZES!!!

Strokesaver, Team Disaster Disc Golf Promotions and the Velocity Disc Golf
Alliance are proud to present The Strokesaver Pleasure Island Amateur
Championships, March 22nd and 23rd. The tournament will take place in Port
Arthur, Texas on the beautiful, John Houck designed, Pleasure Island Disc Golf
course, home of the 1994 and 1995 PDGA World Championships.

We have designed this tournament to showcase the best amateur disc golfers that
Texas and Louisiana have to offer. As an amateur disc golfer, the spotlight
will be squarely on you this weekend. Payout will be the top 40% in each
division and the Men’s Advanced and Intermediate champions will win a
Strokesaver Basket! As with all Team Disaster events, YOU GET TO PICK YOUR
PRIZES! After the final round, watch as the top three golfers of the weekend,
regardless of division, plus the raffle grand prize winner battle it out for
over $300 worth of merchandise in a skins match (ties will be broken before the
skins match and the raffle winner will also win a basket!).

Schedule: Friday – Bring your partner doubles; flex start between 2:00 and 4:00
p.m. Saturday morning - late registration will be taken through 8:30 a.m.
SHARP. Player's meeting at 9:00 a.m. Sunday – cards available at 8:30 a.m.,
round 3 tees off at 9:00 a.m.

Players Pack: The first 50 players to pre-register by March 20th using
www.titledisc.com or by mail, will receive a limited edition SPIAC tournament
stamped Discraft Black X Wasp. The players pack is being covered through the
support of our generous sponsors.

_____ Raffle ticket(s) for the basket and the 4th spot in the skins match (1
ticket per $1, 6 for $5 or 13 for $10.

_____ Total Enclosed

Ratings: Any player may play a division above their current PDGA rating, playing
below your current PDGA rating is not allowed. If you do not have a PDGA
rating, contact me directly (see below) to determine your appropriate division.

By entering a Team Disaster Disc Golf tournament you agree to abide by all the
rules and conditions of each event. The decisions of the tournament directors
will be final. The tournament directors reserve the right to refuse entry, or
disqualify players for infractions to these rules and laws. All PDGA rules
apply along with any conditions detailed at each players meeting. Also by
entering each event you hold no liability to the host city, tournament
directors, sponsors, promoters, staff or volunteers.

Directions to the Pleasure Island Disc Golf Course, Port Arthur, Texas: From
I-10 going East: Take HWY 73 in Winnie. Stay on 73 for about 25 miles until
you reach the overpass, DO NOT go over the over pass. Continue straight under
the overpass you are now on Hwy 82 (MLK). Go straight for about 3 miles and go
over the MLK Bridge. At the bottom of the Bridge take a right, go 1.5 miles and
the course is on the right.

From I-10 going West: Take a left on Hwy 62. From 62 head straight until you
reach HWY 87, take a right on Hwy 87 (Texas Ave.) and go through Bridge City. Go
over the Rainbow Bridge and you are now on Hwy 73/87. Stay on Hwy 73 (**DO NOT
take the Port Arthur exit) until you reach MLK (hwy 82) go over the over pass
and around the loop. Go straight for about 3 miles and go over the MLK Bridge.
At the bottom of the Bridge take a right, go 1.5 miles and the course is on the
right. (**note if you have accidentally taken the Port Arthur exit, continue
straight on Gulfway Dr. until you reach MLK/Hwy 82 take a left and go over the
MLK bridge)

If you are not already on the Team Disaster email list, be sure to notify John
“Gimp” Edwards III at uncdrummer@hotmail.com if you would like to be added. The
list will only be used to keep you informed about upcoming events and for event
reports.
Sound like a good deal. may be able to get a few "cajun" laf. dg'ers to make the trip. Making it a SN qualifier would also help to attract some of those points chasers. we will surely try to make it up there.
is anyone planning on making this one?
The Robichaux's from Lafayette say they may come. We will have a large Texas field of AMs - bring it on! :)

$700 in the skins match (6 holes), a players pack if you pre-register and tons of added merchandise. Here is the updated flier with the hotel deal on it.

Gimp

Strokesaver Pleasure Island Amateur Championship
March 22nd and 23rd
PDGA Amateur B-tier
4 Rounds of 18 for All Divisions
Big Merchandise Skins Match for the Lowest Three Scores
Win a Strokesaver Basket and the 4th spot in the skins match
by winning the big raffle!
$2,000 ADDED MERCHANDISE AND PRIZES!!!

Strokesaver, Team Disaster Disc Golf Promotions and the Velocity Disc Golf Alliance are proud to present The Strokesaver Pleasure Island Amateur Championships, March 22nd and 23rd. The tournament will take place in Port Arthur, Texas on the beautiful, John Houck designed, Pleasure Island Disc Golf course, home of the 1994 and 1995 PDGA World Championships.

We have designed this tournament to showcase the best amateur disc golfers that Texas and Louisiana have to offer. As an amateur disc golfer, the spotlight will be squarely on you this weekend. Payout will be the top 40% in each division and the Men’s Advanced and Intermediate champions will win a Strokesaver Basket! As with all Team Disaster events, YOU GET TO PICK YOUR PRIZES! After the final round, watch as the top three golfers of the weekend, regardless of division, plus the raffle grand prize winner battle it out for over $700 worth of merchandise in a skins match (ties will be broken before the skins match and the raffle winner will also win a basket!).

Schedule: Friday – Bring your partner doubles; flex start between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m. Saturday morning - late registration will be taken through 8:30 a.m. SHARP. Player's meeting at 9:00 a.m. Sunday – cards available at 8:30 a.m., round 3 tees off at 9:00 a.m.

Players Pack: Pre-register before March 20th using www.titledisc.com or by mail and receive a limited edition SPIAC tournament stamped Discraft Black X Wasp. The players pack is being covered through the support of our generous sponsors. The players pack is being covered through the support of our generous sponsors.

Host Hotel: Best Western Airport Inn, Hwy 69 @ Nederland Ave., 48 per night for a Double or a Single bed room, (409)-727-1631, be sure to tell them that "Tammy" gave you the rate.

_____ Raffle ticket(s) for the basket and the 4th spot in the skins match (1 ticket per $1, 6 for $5 or 13 for $10.

_____ Total Enclosed

Ratings: Any player may play a division above their current PDGA rating, playing below your current PDGA rating is not allowed. If you do not have a PDGA rating, contact me directly (see below) to determine your appropriate division.

By entering a Team Disaster Disc Golf tournament you agree to abide by all the rules and conditions of each event. The decisions of the tournament directors will be final. The tournament directors reserve the right to refuse entry, or disqualify players for infractions to these rules and laws. All PDGA rules apply along with any conditions detailed at each players meeting. Also by entering each event you hold no liability to the host city, tournament directors, sponsors, promoters, staff or volunteers.

Directions to the Pleasure Island Disc Golf Course, Port Arthur, Texas: From I-10 going East: Take HWY 73 in Winnie. Stay on 73 for about 25 miles until you reach the overpass, DO NOT go over the over pass. Continue straight under the overpass you are now on Hwy 82 (MLK). Go straight for about 3 miles and go over the MLK Bridge. At the bottom of the Bridge take a right, go 1.5 miles and the course is on the right.

From I-10 going West: Take a left on Hwy 62. From 62 head straight until you reach HWY 87, take a right on Hwy 87 (Texas Ave.) and go through Bridge City. Go over the Rainbow Bridge and you are now on Hwy 73/87. Stay on Hwy 73 (**DO NOT take the Port Arthur exit) until you reach MLK (hwy 82) go over the over pass and around the loop. Go straight for about 3 miles and go over the MLK Bridge. At the bottom of the Bridge take a right, go 1.5 miles and the course is on the right. (**note if you have accidentally taken the Port Arthur exit, continue straight on Gulfway Dr. until you reach MLK/Hwy 82 take a left and go over the MLK bridge)

If you are not already on the Team Disaster email list, be sure to notify John “Gimp” Edwards III at uncdrummer@hotmail.com if you would like to be added. The list will only be used to keep you informed about upcoming events and for event reports.
I wanna go. If there's anybody that wants to travel, just post.
BTTT - hope some of you can make it! Looks like we are going to have a large competitive field...
Hey zinger you still wanting to go to this???

Hardy
Hardy - come on down if you can make it -there will be plenty of fun at the camp site!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013