Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sponsorships

Posted by tx 
tx
Sponsorships
March 13, 2002 07:11PM
this information below is about a disc golf tournament series in texas that is being discussed at the pdga forum...

the organizers are promoting the fact that they raise funds for a non profit cancer research group-- to help land large corporate sponsorships. i'm fairly sure this is the second season for their series, but i could be mistaken.

anyway, i thought folks might be interested to see a dg series that has successfully obtained HUGE sponsors...

------------------------------------

The ZiegenBock Texas 10 Charity Tour begins in Lewisville with the support of
companies like Anheuser-Busch, Outback Steakhouse, USAutomatic, Superior
Leasing, Play it Again Sports and many other local businesses, all to the benefit of
the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Join us this year in our goal of donating $10,000
to the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

ZiegenBock has taken our sport “retail” as they say. Through out many bars,
restaurants and liquor stores across the Lewisville/Flower Mound areas, 3 foot by
2 foot ZT10 banners are currently displayed along with table tents promoting our
disc golf tour. Walk into these locations and you will see our ZT10 banner displayed for everybody to see. Sit down to a meal at these restaurants and check out our event schedule from the table tent on your table. Now that’s what we call exposure!

Here is a partial list of the participating locations:

Outback Steakhouse
2211 S. Stemmons Fwy
Lewisville
Ph. 972-315-5772
[www.outback.com]

Barry’s Liquor and Wine
Cross Timbers Road
Flower Mound
(this is where it all began for T10 and ZiegenBock)

The Point After – sports bar
Cross Timbers Road, Flower Mound
Ph. 972-539-1717

Hat Tricks – sports bar
Corporate Drive, Lewisville (off Hwy 121)
Ph. 972-315-8406

Edgar’s Tavern
Lake Park Road
Ph. 972-420-4270

Cheap Seats – sports bar

8 Ball Willy’s – pool hall

Lake Park Golf Club
Clubhouse at the ball golf course!

Please help support these businesses as they support us. Together we are making a
difference.

In support of ZiegenBock and Outback Steakhouse I ask that players, friends and
family all have dinner at the Outback in Lewisville on Saturday night. We can not
book the restaurant so please feel welcome to visit the restaurant anytime after the
presentations on Saturday. Trevor and I will be joining you as soon as we pack up
the trailer.

Don’t forget to order a ZiegenBock and tell the staff you’re a disc golfer, and thank
them for supporting the tour and disc golf.

Giving back to sponsors like this helps so much for the future of corporate
sponsorship for disc golf. I hope the success of Texas 10 so far shows you just
how much of a difference this does make. See you at the Outback for Aussie
language lessons, a shrimp or two on the Barbie and even a ZiegenBock for myself.
Maps will be available at the course or click on the link above to print one out.

We would like to welcome back in 2002 a major sponsor of the Texas 10, USAutomatic and Tom McCutcheon. Tom and his company have been, and continue to be great supporters of disc golf and the Texas 10. Tom has been
appointed Marketing Director of the tour and has played a major role in securing
many new sponsors including ZiegenBock. Please thank Tom next time you see
him.

Also returning as a sponsor is Superior Leasing. John Welch from Superior is
proud to offer the same great deal to all disc golfers as last year. Buy or lease a
new or used car from John and he will give you an Innova portable Discatcher for
free. In addition to this Superior will donate $50 to each the Lance Armstrong
Foundation and the tour bonus. Check the promotions page on our website for
monthly auto specials.

If you can’t make it to the big start this weekend you will soon be able to purchase
many ZT10 logo merchandise items online. Thank you to Everything Disc Golf for
making this service possible. Go to www.everythingdiscgolf.com to see what they
have to offer.

Thanks to Play it Again Sports in Flower Mound for donating 50 Q-JLS discs to
the first 50 players entered online. A free $20 disc just for entering, now that’s a
deal.

Courtesy of Innova-Champion Discs we will have the Champion Edition Classic
Rocs for sale. Also available will be plenty of all other CE models including lots of
clear CE Valkyrie’s. Joel Kelly has once again done a great job at dying some of
these discs for us.

The hottest new disc yet to be released is the Quantum JLS from Millennium. Yes
we do have them with the ZT10 logo. As a special bonus we even have the almost
unseen Q-MS. These are also custom stamped for us but only a few will be given
away for CTP’s. You will have to wait a little longer to buy these.

Registration for all players on Saturday will be at the Lake Park course. We will be
accepting entries from 7:30am to 8:30am. Already over 60 people have signed up
so get there early. The players meeting will be at 9am. Just follow the ZiegenBock
signs to TD headquarters. For driving maps to each course go to our website and
go to the schedule and click on Lewisville.

Have a great week and we will see you in Lewisville.

Chris Himing

ZiegenBock Texas 10 Charity Tour
Chris Himing & Trevor Lawhead (TD's)
11801 FM 2325
Wimberley, TX 78676
Ph. 830-833-2095
[www.texas10tour.com]

--------------------

wow. excellent job them texicans are doing.
vl
Re: Sponsorships
September 10, 2002 10:26AM
i went and dug up the TEX10 info about sponsorships...

if you walk into an OutBack Steakhouse in the area the events are being held there are "table tents" (small cardboard triangular folded advertising banners) on the dining tables that promote the Series dates of the TX10 event schedule...

real corporate sponsorships can occur in disc golf.

it is a matter of presentation...
vl
September 10, 2002 01:38PM
i got this email from chris...

thought some folks here might be interested...

btw, a B TIER does not require that you are a PDGA memberm as does an A TIER...

Do you want to be apart of a $15,000 PDGA B-tier event?

1012 players in 6 events, $9509 in charity donations and $5924 in tour bonuses. With 4 events to go things are hotting up in time for the final on November 16.

This Saturday, September 14 we take the tour to Old Settler’s Park in Round Rock. Thanks to the Double R Club we will have the
pleasure of playing a brand new “South” course. Everybody will play both the original course and the new portable course. Two rounds of eighteen for everyone.

After a record smashing 259 players in Waco, we have been forced to limit the size of the field in Round Rock to 150 players. You have
until late on Wednesday night to signup online at www.titledisc.com . We will be at the park on Friday night from 5-7pm to accept entries or just show up early on Saturday morning. We currently already have 64 players paid for Round Rock so don’t take too much time. Sorry we are unable to hold a spot for anyone unless payment is made.

Although we won’t have them in time for Round Rock, thanks to our great sponsors Innova Champion Discs we will have both CE Rhyno’s and the brand new CE Shark’s for the Stephenville event.

To give you a little more motivation to enter for both Round Rock and the final, here are the added amounts for each division after the first 6 events. How much more will be added before the final? These are on top of the tournament entry fees! Will this be the worlds first $15,000 PDGA B-tier?

$1500 in player pack value to date
$2000 in CTP value to date
10 Innova portable baskets to give away

Open Pro - $851
Master Pro - $493
Grand Master Pro - $366
Women’s Pro - $328
Men’s Advanced - $849
Advanced Master - $624
Women’s Advanced - $340
Men’s Intermediate - $1108
Women’s Intermediate - $337
Men’s Novice - $622

The Round Rock info has been updated on the website. The new South course will not be ready to play until Saturday so we have plenty on course maps available.

Tournament headquarters will be located between both courses behind the cricket field and next to the kid’s playground.
See you Saturday at the ROCK.

ZiegenBock Texas 10 Charity Tour
Chris Himing & Trevor Lawhead (TD's)
www.texas10tour.com
jim
September 11, 2002 07:16PM
Ii like this ,i hope something like that would help the s.n. tour . finding a few players to head this up would be great. each city must get involve in order to grow . i think we have something special going and we all must get involve .
i know the academy sports have been a great help. they will give you shirts and gift certificates.
we could also use a sponsor pack that each city could use. a lot of companies are in many s.n. cities. also let them know we will support them year round, at our parks , internet and local parks. let us hear your ideals ,jim
vl
September 12, 2002 11:14AM
there is no doubt that the SN "has something special going"

i have stated and still believe the answer to the sponsorship question is presentation materials.

obtaining "real" sponsors will not be easy, but it is not impossible. (the TEX 10 folks pretty much proved that.)

until the SN invests in printed marketing materials it will quite difficult to land big fi$h, in my opinion.

as they say-- it takes money to make money. the budget it would take to design and print sponsorship marketing materials is well worth the investment, though...

i guess the first step is determining where the initial budget would come from to have sponsorship presentation materials printed up...
vl
September 24, 2002 10:16PM
i received more emails from the TEX 10 folks...

they are doing some amazinr stuff as far as spnsorships for their series...

i think this season there should be some sort of committee of SN folks that work on sponsorships...

just a thought...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013