Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

May 2003 Memphis Dogwood Classic

Posted by Brad 
No one is ssssscared they/ we / I just want "FAIR"ways to play.
so much for the forest. Lets just play Bud Hill all weekend instead.
frzbman
Brad, I thought both of the courses would be in the ground by tournament time. I kinda looked forward to two rounds in the woods at Shelby.

BTW, where will the temporary 9 be? thanks, RwC
Hah! There are plenty of nice "FAIR"ways to play. You just have to be able to throw straight....or on a curve.... ;)

Sorry Russ, only 27 holes will be in the ground for the Tournament. :( The Club is having to pay for the majority of the baskets and tee pads and everything else. Our plan is to get the last 9 holes in before the November Tournament.

That being said, the Temp 9, which will have a sweet layout and is longer than the rest of the course, will be on the north side of the orginal course where a picnic area is. (We have rented it out for the Tourney.) It is across the road from Holes 17 and 18.

We have been able to utilize big concrete pads that picnic tables originally sat on as Tee Pads on a majority of the holes.

There will be CTP's for all Divisions. Candy Plastic as prizes.

Prizes for multiple Ring of Fire games.

Long Arm Contest

Informal Glow Tournament Saturday night at the Hill.

$625 so far added to PRO Divisions

Fun!!!
Brad
www.Memphisdiscgolf.com
Also wanted to let everyone know that the Tournament is the same weekend as the Memphis in May Music Fest. So if anyone is interested in going to that on Friday night or Saturday night or even Sunday night, you can find info on who is playing and how to get tickets here.

[www.memphisinmay.org]

Brad
John Kittrell
Re: May 2003 Memphis Dogwood Classic
April 24, 2003 02:58PM
Looking forward to the tournament. I remember about three years ago nine holes where laid out across the street at Shelby. That year we played 27-hole rounds. If you want a weekend of disc golf this tournament is the place. They play friday night - 2 rounds Saturday - usually a doubles round at the hill Saturday evening - Sunday's round - and if your not burnt out yet you'll find people ready to play after the tournament is over. Bud Hill is THE place to be...
John k
DC
April 24, 2003 03:02PM
Ahhh frzbman...the forest's #1 detractor. The fairways at the forest are tight, granted, but I've seen Phil Raymond shoot a -15 (with a bogey) on 18 holes at the forest. How can that be done on a course that is so unfair. There is room between the trees for lots of discs...or so Phil tells me. Throw a good shot and collect your birdey. Please don't throw out the locals have too much of an advantage arguement, I've seen Brad Hammock, Wayne-O Brown, etc shoot well at the forest. Don't be skeert :)
We are finalizing our Sponsor List on the back of Tee Shirts. To make the Tee Shirt you would supply $100 or more of Sponsorship to the Tournament. If there are anymore $100 or more Sponsorships out there, we need to know by Monday morning April 28, 2003

Thanks for all the Sponsors so far of varrying amounts and items!!

Webb Building Corporation
J.C. Hartsfield Company
A.C. Electric Company
Bryan P. Griffin
First National Financial Title Services, Inc
Chickasaw Disc Golf Club
Medical Alternatives
Shelby Forest Grocery
Harrell's Metal Works
Back Yard Burgers
Disc Golf World News
If anyone knows Chris Campbell or Rusty Barry, could you please either tell them we would like to use their Baskets for the Temp 9 Course at Shelby Forest or get a hold of me at Memphisdiscgolf@aol.com.

Thank You

Brad
Brad, are the T-shirts given out to entrants as a perk or do you have actually buy them. rWc
Sorry Russ...this year you will have to buy them. $12. :( Next year we are planning on doing much better in providing Player Packages and what not. Will be getting started on Sponsors as soon as this Tournament ends.

I think/hope everyone will be pleased with the shirts though.

Brad
Brad,

Make that Chickasaw Disc Golf. . drop teh "Club"

Thanks,

DG Guy
bobsatter
April 25, 2003 10:30PM
Brad I am Tring hard to make it and I'll let you know asap Bob!! Youmust make this evnt the hard work and effort that these guys have put in will pay off to every disc golfer. Peace
April 28, 2003 10:02AM
Exactly 5 day's until Tee Off at the Memphis Dogwood Classic. :)

Brad
April 28, 2003 07:00PM
How are the mosquitos on the course? Especially Bud Hill?

Shane
COME ONE COME ALL. THE NEW HOLES ON THE FRONT ARE AWSOME. OH BY THE WAY WOULD SOMEBODY TELL JOHN KITRELL HE CAN'T COME.WE WILL HAVE TWO SEPERATE 18 HOLERS AT THE FORREST. THE HILL IS AS GOOD AS IT'S EVER BEEN. I DON'T THINK THE SCORES WILL BE AS LOW THIS YEAR BUT YA NEVER KNOW.
JUST KIDDIN JOHN
April 28, 2003 08:56PM
Mosquitos haven't been that bad yet this year. They could be that night if you are playing glows. I would advise to bring spray just in case.

Brad
Bud Hill Time

Nice weather on the way?.....PARTEE!!
April 29, 2003 08:35AM
As of today the forecast is mostly Sunny on Saturday for the two rounds and cloudy on Sunday. Sounds like good weather! Make your plans to come now. Do not miss Memphis!

www.Memphisdiscgolf.com

April 29, 2003 08:52AM
I want to think our Sponsors so far in helping make this the best Tournament possible!! Anymore Sponsors are of course welcome! Thanks to the companies and people below!

Disc Golf World News

Webb Building Corporation

J.C. Hartsfield Company

A.C. Electric Company

Bryan P. Griffin, Attorney

First National Financial Title Services, Inc

Back Yard Burgers

Prop Stores of London

Chickasaw Disc Golf

Harrell's Metal Works

Medical Alternatives

Shelby Forest Grocery
Griff
April 29, 2003 10:11AM
Be there or be square!!(octagonal if ya like!!)

Plenty of prizes, good times and ridiculous amounts of F.U.N.

Griff
Hey Pat, missed you at Wall Doxey. At least it was for a good cause.
Looking forward to playing you again this weekend.
By the way, have you thought about the fact that a good number of the advanced masters planning on competing are recent tournament winners?

You and I, Mike "Goby" Taylor (the adv. Master points leader), Doorag, Todd Johnson, who beat me by a stroke at Wall Doxey, and who knows who else.

It's gonna be intense. I can't wait. See ya Saturday morning. Russ C.
April 29, 2003 03:08PM
Hello All

I LOOOOVVVVEE MEMPHIS DISCGOLF! What a GREAT place they have there. Look out BUD HILL THE ARKIES ARE COMING!

Happy Golfing
Lori
Just hope "Arkie" Todd Johnson's more careful this time around <G>

Really enjoyed playing against him last weekend at Wall Doxey and I play to exact some revenge this weekend in the hill against all who have beaten me recently. (I hope) RwC
JUST A MINUTE TO THANK SOME HARD WORKERS WHO FORFEITED THERE CHANCES TO WIN AT WALL DOXIE SO THAT WHEN EVERYBODY COMESTO BUD HILL/ MEEMEN SHELBY THEY WILL BE VERY PLEASED WITH THE COURSES. WE BUSTED OUR @#$%& LAST WEEKEND AND SEVERAL BEFORE THAT SO PLEASE THANK EVERYBODY WHEN YOU SEE THEM.( I MAY MISS SOME NAMES).....ME, JOHN LINTON, MR CONCRETE TEEPAD CRAWDADDY( WE ADDED THREE MORE TEE PADS TODAY), TODD ALEXANDER, KEN PRIEST, DANNY & BARBARA( WEED EATIN) DANIELS, DAVE (BAMMER) DUNHAM, LITTLE BRO CHRIS DUNHAM,SCOTTY D, ALLEN ( SASQUATCH) RAINES,JEFF INGRAM,GARNER( I DON'T KNOW YOUR LAST NAME), BOB LYLE,BO GALBREATH,JOHNNY B,KARATE DON, KEVIN FOSTER,STACEY MORRIS,MY WIFE( FOR LETTIN ME WORK AND THEN MAKIN ME WORK MY @#$%& AT MY OWN HOUSE SUNDAY(THANX HON I LUV YA),ROY (COLDFRONT) KEEL, NICK, TOM, . ANY BODY I MISSED I'M SORRY BUT LET IT BE KNOWN THAT SACRIFICES ARE MADE ALL THE TIME AND I HOPE EVERYBODY WILL LET US KNOW THAT THE THE COURSES ARE AWESOME.
RUSS COME ON
April 29, 2003 09:46PM
Can people still camp at the Hill? I heard that was awesome in the past. If not, is there reasonable camping in the area?

Shane
April 29, 2003 10:03PM
I hope I am not speaking for Danny here. ( I dont think I am. )...but yes people can still camp at the Hill. Also, Shelby Forest is a state park so you can defintely camp there. Try the Hill first.

April 30, 2003 08:07AM
Just as a reminder, Gary Wagoner will be at Bud Hill Friday afternoon accepting registration. Also, late registration will be at Shelby Forest at the courses, between 7 am and 8:45 am so get there early!!

2 rounds Saturday + 1 round Sunday - Three 18 hole courses!!!
Nine hole Sunday Safari Round for top 6 Pro Players at Bud Hill

Pre-registration:
Gary Wagoner,
1558 W. Churchill Downs,
Germantown, TN 38138
Ph: 901-756-0690

Dates: Saturday and Sunday May 3rd & 4th
Locations: Shelby Forest and Bud Hill

Saturday Morning 7:00 - 8:45 a.m. Shelby Forest
Entry Fees: (pre-register by check, cash only on Friday & Saturday)

Men Pro Open $49
Men Pro Masters $44
Men Grand Masters $44
Women Open $39
Men Am Advanced $39
Men Am Masters $39
Men Amateurs $34
Women Amateurs $29

All contestants will play each of the courses during the event. Trophies will be given for three places in all 9 divisions. Maximum of 216 players. Early registration is strongly advised. Make checks payable to "Memphis Disc Golf Club". Sponsorship money will be added to payouts in each division.

Players Meeting(mandatory):Sat. 9:00 a.m. Shelby Forest Course Pavilion
Saturday Tee Off: 10:00 a.m. & later that afternoon
Sunday Tee Off: 9:00 a.m.
Awards: Right after Safari 9 @ Bud Hill

April 30, 2003 08:57AM
How do you get to Bud Hill? I'll be coming from the south on I-55.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013