Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SN Home Page

Posted by R. A. 
R. A.
SN Home Page
January 29, 2003 02:45PM
Just wanted to say that the new home page for the Southern Nationals looks very nice.

Also, I like the new "tournament results" section, however, I notice that none of the tournaments are showing pro women and am women results and, I was curious why? Maybe I'm jumping the gun and you guys haven't gotten around to it yet?

Keep up the good work,
R.A.
jim
Re: SN Home Page
January 29, 2003 03:42PM
thank you brian the site looks great, it is my fault i need to send things faster to brian. my health is so much better . with that an all the players pitching in things are looking great.also thank you john k and mike p for all your support. please check on the ladirs please .
January 29, 2003 07:45PM
I like the new results format, except for one thing. My Ice Bowl results are wrong. Please check the results I posted on the forum to the ones in the results section and you'll see the difference.

For instance, there's no Advanced Winner listed and the Am men scores are all wrong. Did these come from Overstable.com? They also got them wrong. Not to mention there's no women's results.

The correct results are posted under SFC Ice Bowl Results.

Not one to complain, because the format is great. I would just like to give credit (to the winners, etc.) where credit is due. RwC
January 30, 2003 07:55AM
I will get with John and figure out what happened to the ladies.
john kittrell
January 30, 2003 09:21AM
Brian
I haven't deleted any results info before I post it - the ladies are dissapearing in transition for some reason. I'm clueless...
John K
January 30, 2003 09:35AM
More than the women are disappearing in transition. First place for Am Masters is missing for both the Florence and Hattiesburg Ice Bowls.
misterbogey
January 30, 2003 07:11PM
SOUNDS LIKE A MALE CONSPIRACY TO ME...;-P

THESE TWO AM WOMEN PLAYERS ARE MISSING FROM THE LAFAYETTE 1-11-2003 TOURNEY:

1ST CONNIE ROBICHAUX 97 71 168 +33
2ND CANDI LATINO 105 71 176 +41

Jonh...I'll check our Late Summer Fest and let you know if there are any missing persons there...
misterbogey
January 30, 2003 07:23PM
MISSING PERSONS REPORT:

Here are the omissions from the Lafayette Late Summer Fest - 9-14-02

PRO OPEN WOMEN

1- Robin Adams- 84 64 Total – 148 +13

2- Lea Herndon- 102 71 Total –173 +38

AM WOMEN

1-Connie Robicheaux- 91 62 Total - 153 +18

2-Candi Latino- 106 63 Total - 169 +34

NOVICE

1-Chad Trotti- 87 46 Total – 133 –2

2-Cory Prejean- 90 54 Total – 144 +9

3-Chris Auzenne- 90 59 Total –149 +14

4-Jeremy Richard- 91 60 Total –151 +16

5-John Theriot- 96 57 Total –153 +18

6-Docq Gaspard- 105 64 Total –169 +34

7-Manny McCoy- 121 68 Total –189 +54

Also the overall Pro Men winner Brandon Duvio's scores were:

66-53 119

I didn't check all the scores but I felt the winning score should be corrected.

John and Brian you are doing an excellent job!

I'm not sure what format you are using to post those scores but if you can give each TD a guide we may be able to do them so that you can just copy and paste on the tournament page.

This should save you a lot of retyping and you can blame those missing persons on the TD's! ;-)
January 30, 2003 08:24PM
I would like to point out a mistake on the the "Standings" page or the website. Michael Monroe is the same person as Mike Monroe. Lyle listed it as Mike Monroe at a tourn. this past summer at Wall Doxey. Those points should be combined under Michael Monroe's name.
January 30, 2003 08:33PM
cj7man80, I will correct Lyle from here on out about making sure your name is spelled micheal. Probably my bad anyway. I have already spelled your name wrong. Sorry Michael.

Benny or valkyrie180g
January 30, 2003 08:48PM
joe todd,

this web site is likely using a database or cgi or something to generate the results and/or points... (rather than hard coding and having merely a static web page that has event data pasted into the html)

if you notice the list of tourney results or a divisional points search, the resulting url makes reference to #'s or divisional codes-- which kinda makes it appear that all the results and tourney info is database driven-- not just an html page.
john kittrell
January 31, 2003 07:26AM
Michael Monroe - your points will be corrected. Thanks

Misterbogey - thanks for the offer to save typing. I retype the scores anyway into an excel document to archive them. I them save that document minus the heading stuff as a comma delimited file and post it via a link to the overstable. com tournament results page. The ladies in perticular are dropping off for some reason. Brian Moon the web guy is looking into it. Hopefully it is a small fix. Thanks

John K
misterbogey
January 31, 2003 11:33AM
Thanks Vic and John for the response.

I do mine in an excell document as well (a good way the double check the totals, too), then save it as an .htm doc and upload it to the APDG site.

I like the nice appearance of the results on the tournament page and it helps to keep that consistent.

Just thinking that possibly the TD's (or flunkies like myself that post the scores) could save time and errors by sending the results to John in a form he could simply put on the tournament results page.
January 31, 2003 02:26PM
Ok, I think I got it all straight. Some players were going in with bad division info. It should not happen again.
R. A.
January 31, 2003 03:34PM
Thank you.

R.A.
January 31, 2003 05:00PM
Thanks for fixing the results. However, my sole pro woman is listed with the pro men and the scores for Amateur Men are still incorrect. The correct am scores for the SFC Ice Bowl are under "SFC Ice Bowl Results". Our ams are good, but not that good! RwC
February 01, 2003 08:57PM
John

Could you check on the status of the Gator Country Classic-Ams please. The tournaments page lists it on 4/22-23/03 and I have seen it else where on 3/22-23/03. I gotta hit as many close tourneys as I can for now

Thanks, and good job to all on the website. It is looking #1

JnK Doozie
February 01, 2003 09:50PM
Doozie, it's on March 22-23. Better be, 'cause that's when I'll be there.

You can check the schedule at [www.floridatour.org].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013