Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Municipal Park Disc Golf Challenge

Posted by john kittrell 
john kittrell
Municipal Park Disc Golf Challenge
January 30, 2003 09:48AM

On 15 February 2003
the Southern National Series will be returning to the
city of it's birth...

The Municipal Park Disc Golf Challenge

Where: Municipal Park (it's called Lagham Park in the PDGA course directory) but not by us (I-65 South, West on Springhill Avenue, go @3-4 miles or @4 lights - Parks on your left, take second left into park, 1st tee by ampatheater)

When: 15 February 2003 (I already said that)
Players meeting - 9:45 am
Tee off - 10:00 am
TD - John Kittrell (I'm running my first turnament - cut me some slack)

What: 2 rounds of 18
White tees and Blue tees (who plays what yet to be determined)

Why: To have fun and I don't have to drive out of state

How much: Pro Open and Pro Masters - $37
Pro Women and Grand Masters - $32
Advanced and Am Masters - $27
Am Men and Am Women - $22
Novice and Juniors - $17

For more information call me at 251-634-9039 or email at j32kit@aol.com or john.kittrell@keesler.af.mil. See you in a couple of weeks...

John K
Sorry I can't make this one, John. I'll be diving in sunny Curacao. =8)
hEY jOHN k, If you're going to be running tournaments, learn to spell the word! (Like I can spell either, but I felt like doggin' ya.)

Thanks John for running the things in Mobile, I've missed playing around there.

Peace,
Willy BT
john kittrell
Re: Municipal Park Disc Golf Challenge
January 31, 2003 07:15AM
Will
Three words - caps lock key. I hope you're still not bitter about lossing your bag tag.
John K
john kittrell
February 07, 2003 10:14AM
Just wanted to bring this thread back to the top. Municipal's a great disc golf course - hope to see lots of bodies on the 15th. Later
John K
you should have a pretty good turnout from La/ BR areas.
Support your local TD!!!!

John you rock.

Peace,
Will T
Tony Bass
February 13, 2003 01:12PM
John,
I think 3 of us from the H'burg area are going to be there. 2 am's and 1 pro. I'm very much looking forward to it! I love the course. It's one of my personal favorites. I don't think there are enough tournaments held there. I'm glad someone stepped up and decided to host one there instead of just at Chickasaw or the Bogue. (no offense)

TB
john kittrell
February 13, 2003 03:14PM
That is exactly why I decided to TD this event. With Jim not being able to TD as many events as he has in the past a TD deficite has occured in Mobile. The three tournaments we've had in Mobile this SN season - 1 at chickasabouge 1 at Chickasaw and the holwer which was at both. Mobile has too many courses to limit the tournaments to just a few (even though I like both of them). Municipal is one of my favorite courses and it should hold more tournaments. On june 21 I will be TDing a tournament at Cottage Hill Park another course that doesn't have enough tournaments. Anyway, look forward to seeing you and everybody else Saturday. The weather is supposed to be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Later...
John K
February 13, 2003 03:28PM
I can't believe I graduated from Spring Hill in '92 and never knew a word at the time about disc golf. Especially with a course so close to the campus.

What is really shocking to me is at the time we had a large group--broken into 6 teams--that loved playing ultimate....except we used aerobies and work/weight lifting gloves making it a longer and more physically challenging event. (That's back when I could actually run a few 100 feet without collapsing).

Times have sure changed.....I hope I can pass through Mobile and play on some these courses you guys are talking about. I guess I've played "the 2 chicks" a couple of years ago at a large SN. But I had no idea there were several others in Mobile...that's a fantastic asset we in Memphis can only hope to develop!!

Griff(Memphis)
February 13, 2003 05:37PM
One of the most fun Tournaments I played in was the Southern National Championship in 2001 in Mobile. I really enjoyed playing the 3 courses or was it 4? I shot well at Municipal too!

Brad
it was 4, and there are still at least 3 other courses that hardly ever get played. Citronelle is on of my favorites, then there's Fairhope (across the bay), and Hobbit parkwhich is a very challenging course. So as Disc Golf goes, you really can't beat Mobile, Al.

I'll be there Fri night at JG Fox's chillin' and ready to play on Sat.

Yo Tony, where Ya'll stayin Fri night? Or are Ya'll just drivin' up Sat?
Either way, I'll see you this weekend.

Peace,
Willy BT
Tony Bass
February 13, 2003 10:12PM
Will,
I'll be staying at my girl's house over in Pascagoula Friday night. I'm going to hitch a ride with a friend who's going to be coming from his house over near Biloxi. I hope to get there a little early and locate those pro tees?? We are going to play the pro tees right?? The weather looks like it's going to be nasty! What are they telling ya'll over in Mobile?? Hopefully it won't be to bad. Well either way I'll be there! (as long as my ride is) Will look for a call from me tonight!

TB
Tony Bass
February 13, 2003 10:20PM
Oh yeah,
The 2001 Southern Nationals did kick a_s!!! It was such a challenging tournament because it demanded all aspects of the game! From Cottage Hill to Municipal. You had to bring your arm and your accuracy! It was fantastic. Unfortunately I fell one stroke of winning a basket. Errin Lewis you're still on my wanted list! Ha-ha! Later

TB
SNBT#69
February 13, 2003 10:34PM
Saturday...mostly sunny in the morning then becoming cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs in the lower 70s. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Saturday night...showers and scattered thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 50s. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.
Tony Bass
February 13, 2003 11:17PM
Thanx #69
tony- the way you putt, you dont need a basket... unless your practicing aces?

sorry my eastern freinds i'm laying low for the muny tournament.

look forward to mgm though. i'll be flyn high by then.

Errin
john kittrell
February 14, 2003 08:13AM
From the online weather forcasts we will have clouds but hopefully the scattered showers will come after the second round. It looks like the tournout should be pretty good - I'm expecting @60 maybe more, people have been calling the house asking questions. I'd like to see a nice turnout from the new players in Mobile since we haven't had a tournament in municipal for awhile. All novices will recieve prizes (the Jim O standard 2 discs and a mini or a small disc golf bag) Tee-wise everyone will play the white tees the first round. The second round Pro men, Pro masters, and advanced will play from the blue tees, novice and am women will play the red tees (I'll ask the women if that's what they want), everyone else will play the whites. Look forward to having some fun tomorrow. Later...
John K
Tony Bass
February 14, 2003 10:15AM
John,
Are the blue tees all still marked? It seems like the last time I was there I couldn't find some of them. Or have they been changed since the City of Mobile Championships? This was the only time I have played them, and boy did I stink it up!! After all the times I had played the course I had never noticed the pro tees. I'm hopefully going to be down there Friday afternoon to play them so someone please respond and let me know if any of them have changed. Thanx

TB
tony, who are the two ams coming from hattisburg to play in mobile this weekend? i don't know if you remember me or not but i played with you first round at columbus right after christmas. i will probely be the only north ms boy there is boston coming?
john kittrell
February 14, 2003 11:25AM
Tony
I'm not sure if the blue tees are clearly marked. Unfortunately I won't have the chance to go to the park today but I will be arriving early tomorrow with flags if necessary to mark them.
John K
john kittrell
February 14, 2003 02:26PM
The weather is looking better for tomorrow - partly sunny with a chance of rain in the evening. You gotta like that.
John K
Tony Bass
February 14, 2003 10:00PM
Zack,
Yeah man I remember who you are. No Boston wasn't able to make it to this one. The two guys are my friends Chuck Burdine and Shea Hammond. They were at the Ice Bowl, so you may have played a round with them. Well glad to hear you are going to make it! I'll see everyone tommorrow.

TB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013