Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Status of Mardi Gras Madness

Posted by Crow 
Re: Status of Mardi Gras Madness
February 12, 2003 03:50PM
I can't wait till next Friday, hopefully I will be showing up around lunch time to set up camp and play a little bit.
I'd like to know who all is planning on camping this year, I can say from experience if the group is anything like last years group it will be a blast.

Bill
bobsatter
February 12, 2003 04:29PM
Bill myself and another player from Birmingham will be camping and, I can asure you we will be having a blast. Bob
February 12, 2003 08:37PM
Lets hope this beautiful weather holds out, I don't thing I can stand a repeat of Lafayette, trying to sleep in 30 degree weather was not to fun.
If the weather is anything like it was last year the camping should be outstanding.
Also, the food that is served at this tourny and the extras that Mike comes up with make this one a must do tournament, and Mike should be thanked for all of the hard work he puts into this and the course all year long
Hey Bob,
If I do camp out with yall, ya'll let me hang around there if I can't make a fire. I'm a camping wuss. I like somewhere that I can plug in my TV, lamp, heater, and refridgerator. But if ya'll can start a fire, that might work. We'll see, I've still got my warm couch offer in the city. (specially if it is raining)

Plus I'll probably have my bird with me, and if it is too cold we may have to move indoors. I look forward to getting my # back since I just lost #4 to Ronnie Adams (thatnow makes #1 #2 and #4 he's taken from me) and I got something in the 50's.

Peace,
Will T
February 12, 2003 10:09PM
Will,

Hopefully the crazy ass Lafayette crowd will be there in force again to keep the big fire and big party going.
February 13, 2003 07:07AM
WEATHER PERMITTING WE WILL HAVE A FEW!!!!!!!LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!
bobsatter
February 13, 2003 10:51AM
Will you can hang with us under any circumstance. I am looking forward to any challenge. Bob
February 14, 2003 08:59AM
Well I was just looking at weather.com long range forecast for St Rose and it looks like if it holds 30% cahnce of rain during the day Fri and 10% or less chance on Sat and Sun. Lets all hope that this holds up, if so it looks like moderate temps and great disc golf for the weekend.
I'm already trying to clear off my desk so that I can get an early start on Fri and hopefully get a round in on Fri afternoon before to many people show up so I won't embarras myself to bad, at least there won't be any juniors to blow my scores away this year.
February 16, 2003 07:36PM
Played the course today, it was in decent shape. One question is what tees will be played by the different divisions. Mike if it isn't too much trouble, would you mind posting here or on the website?

Thanks,

Shane
shane it was posted over in the forums at pdga.com but here it is for your enjoyment:

pro/master/advanced: all 3 rounds on the white tees

am 2/am master/grandmaster: 2 rounds saturday on the red, one round sunday on the white tees

ladies and novice: 3 rounds on the red tees.

remember that the players meeting begins at 9:30, tee-off is at 10:00. also remember that the course will be expanded to 24 holes each round. i expect we will break the tournament record of 100 players. 16 cases of beer and 3 gallons of smirnoff vodka are free to all players(not each player, 16 cases total) in addition to a free catered lunch and t-shirts for all amateur divisions.
February 17, 2003 07:52AM
Not that I have a problem with the white tees, I love them, and they probably play more to my strengths, but we can't even get one round from the red? A little variety would be nice, that's all.
crow, you can play amateur if you want to play the white tees. you might even cash :)
February 17, 2003 11:00AM
No, if I played amateur I would shoot what the top advanced player shot, win, and get heckled all the way back to Missisippi for being a bagger. Instead, I will play Advanced, kick ass for two rounds, and choke in the third.
grayson
February 17, 2003 11:11AM
good form crow.
February 17, 2003 01:05PM
Mike,

Is the band going to be back this year?
there are only rumors that the band will play this year, the last one i heard was that they need a P.A. system to borrow and they would play.
SNBT#89
February 17, 2003 07:05PM
i read that post and called a guy i know with a PA.

i explained the event and what would be needed.

he said nope. not outside. not even for free becks and food.

o well....

i'll bring my guitar and mikey can sing. :^p
SNBT#89
February 17, 2003 08:11PM
Extended forecast...

thursday...mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms north. A slight chance of showers southwest. Highs in the upper 60s north 70 to 75 south.

friday...cloudy. Showers and thunderstorms likely north and a chance south. Lows near 60. Highs near 70.

saturday...decreasing cloudiness north and west. Mostly cloudy southeast. Lows in the lower 40s north to 44 to 49 south. Highs in the lower 60s north to 65 to 70 south.
February 18, 2003 08:34AM
But does that mean it is going to rain Fri in St Rose or not?
<weather.com> does not make it look to promising for Fri weather at this point.
if past MGM events are any indication, it will probably rain like a sum'@#$%& friday. it has rained either friday night or saturday night each of the past 3 years, why break tradition? so far it has not actually rained during tournament play at least. the tee boxes are in good shape and should hold up to another inch or two of rain. there is very little casual water on the course right now, if it rains less than an inch we will have great conditions for once.
Tony Bass
February 18, 2003 04:20PM
Great to hear it Mike. I know I and the other Valet members are very much looking forward to this weekend! There should be at least 5 of us coming from H'Burg. Also are any baskets being given away? I heard rumored (or somewhere) that first in Advance will win one. Is this true? Or will anyone win one? I would also like to congratulate you on cashing in Florida, no doubt there was some stiff competition down there!! Way to represent!!
C-ya Friday, and bring your partner, the Hattiesburg Terror will be on the loose, ha-ha!!!

TB
SNBT#89
February 18, 2003 05:38PM
New Orleans Area Forecast from the NWS

Thursday night...mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers. Lows in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Friday...mostly cloudy. Scattered showers in the morning and early afternoon becoming numerous thunderstorms with heavy rainfall late afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Saturday...cloudy early then clearing by early afternoon. Lows around 50. Highs near 60.

Sunday...clear then becoming partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Highs in the mid 60s.
the advanced division champion will take home an Innova Discatcher valued at $325. if you saw the one Matt Orum won last year it is identical to that. it's sitting in my hall and has been used by several touring pros to practice on in the last couple weeks.
i have ordered Ching Skill-Shot baskets to give to the Amateur and Amateur Masters champions. hopefully they will arrive by the weekend.

I would like to thank our sponsors:

Hooters
Lacassagne's
Beck's Beer
Glazer's
Crescent Crown Distributing
Eddie's After Hours
Budweiser
Sulzer & Williams LLC
Crystal Hot Sauce
Rivendell Farm
Pepsi
Sylvester's

gonna be a great party, er, disc golf tournament!
$250 will be added to the Open Division. There will be $25 skins for the top four Open players in the final. As always, the scores will count/continue in the final round.

there will be doubles on Friday. one round, 24 holes. $20 per pro team, white tees. $10 per am team, red tees. Pick/Bring your own partner.
Tee-Off will be between 2 & 3 O'clock, since the weather looks threatening it will be a flex-time start.

if anyone has a big BBQ pit they would like to let us borrow, please bring it. and if anyone wants to bring side dishes for saturday's buffet, please do. we'll even pay you for some good stuff.
bobsatter
February 18, 2003 07:32PM
Mike I would like to sponsor your event with a $25.00 donation. I will be arriving in time for doubles does anyone need an open partner!!! Let me know and I look forward to a good event. Mike let me know if you need anything Bob Im also waiting on some hall of fame disc if they arrive in time I will also put one up for a ctp. BOB
bob, thanks for your generosity. i think you will be able to find a partner for doubles.
bobsatter
February 19, 2003 10:25AM
No problem and if someone is interested in doubles let me know. Bob
February 19, 2003 07:47PM
My bad Mike for not realizing that I had to go to PDGA.com to read what tees we would be playing. For some crazy reason, I thought you would have them on your website. :) Seriously though, I hope you guys have a great turnout and keep up the good work as a TD and a player, cashing over in Florida is not easy from what I hear.

Good Luck,

Shane
weather update: looks like rain friday night, still expected to be over by tee time on saturday. saturday afternoon and sunday looking good.
February 19, 2003 10:32PM
zone forecast of the st rose area from the national weather service.

friday...breezy. cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the morning then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. highs in the lower 70s. chance of rain 60 percent.

.friday night...showers and thunderstorms with locally heavy rainfall possible. lows in the lower 60s. chance of rain 90 percent.

.saturday...breezy. mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. showers and thunderstorms likely in the morning. highs near 70. chance of rain 60 percent.

.sunday...partly cloudy then clearing. lows near 50. highs in the mid 60s.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013