Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Windy Hills Open

Posted by Shane Seal 
Re: Windy Hills Open
March 18, 2003 02:27PM
oh, so that's where the teebox for 17 is. is 13's basket still on the side of the levee/hill or is that the one that floated away? and is 14 on top of that same levee? also i think you did well by moving 15's tee across the lake and i also see that you moved 4 and 5 which i think improves the course. i'm looking forward to it, as i doubt i will be going to the Waco supertour that weekend, and then the Rivendell Farm Winter League Championship is that sunday.

will there be temp holes in between 9 and 10 and if so what will the distances be?

now about 10&13's fairways crossing...
March 18, 2003 03:06PM
Man, that course layout looks sweet. Almost makes me wish I wasn't playing in the Melbourne Open that weekend.
i think mike meant 11 and 13. take it easy on him shane.
March 18, 2003 07:30PM
It IS sweet, Goby ....... maybe I'll invite you along one day ..... LOL
March 18, 2003 08:02PM
Did you mean 11 and 13? Yeah, but the shots once you see them scream to be there and the tees are fairly close, which makes it less dangerous than you would think, but hey we are still tweaking the course.

Shane
March 18, 2003 10:14PM
Hey everyone, it seems as if I have stepped on a few toes by claiming the Wildcat Trace as "what is to become Mississippi's premiere disc golf course." A guy from Holmes is informing me that his course is better. That is awesome, because I know how challenging the Wildcat Trace is from the Pro Tees. This simply means that we have two world class courses in Mississippi. That is not to demean the status of the other courses in the state. They have done an excellent job with the resources given, and continually seem to be improving the courses as well as growing the sport. Keep up the great job everyone. (Of course I still think Wildcat Trace is the greatest because of my natural bias) I am planning a trip to Holmes in the near future to play Frzbman's course. I fully expect it will live up to the hype.

Shane
March 19, 2003 07:14AM
It doesn't look like there will be a temp hole between 9 & 10, Mike. We will be playing old hole 1 between 18 and the new 1, so there is no room for another temp hole right there. However, there will be a temp hole between 17 & 18. Which reminds me, Shane, do we have enough baskets? I have already claimed old hole 1 for mine, so I know we need one more.
March 19, 2003 09:26AM
ask sand-bass...he has the basket that was in my hallway. my putting has gone to hades in a handbasket since the MGM. apologies to frzbman.

so where will the third temp be, and where is 13 and 14's basket for those who want to know, is 13 down in the valley or what?

goby goin' on tour to fla.!!! make the detour to brooksville on the way to melbourne...call ahead first.
March 19, 2003 09:57AM
Mike, they are right where the map shows. 13 is on the side of a hill between two oaks, and 14 plays along the side of the lake.

Shane
[home.bellsouth.net]
March 19, 2003 08:56PM
RIght now it looks like there may only be two temp holes because the necessary equipment and manpower needed to make the third one a reality has not materialized. It would have been a hill-to-hill shot between 8 & 9. It will probably be there by the next tournament, whenever that is, but for now it is but a dream.
March 19, 2003 09:04PM
oh sorry shane i didn't realize it was a topographic map, with invisible lines of elevation. my bad.
March 19, 2003 10:10PM
BAM! You owed him that one, Mikey.
grayson
March 19, 2003 10:54PM
shane

i have played both courses from pro tees. they are both very challenging courses. i shot a pooitty score on both. it has been several months since i played holmes, it is a course that will be even more awsome when it gets used more. if you go, bring some trash discs because you will most likely lose at least 2. the am tees are KIND OF forgiving but still challenging. i love poplarville also. the pro tees are tough. when i went last, i went with the frizbman and we had a great time, even though he schooled me. i didn't even bother bringing up bag tags. i am negotiating with my insignificant other about coming next weekend.

you and jonas did a great job of putting evrything together, if he plays make sure it is in advanced.

i don't know if you have brought up ctp s yet, but i am sure we folks from hattiesburg will chip in.

grayson
March 19, 2003 11:17PM
You need a topo map to see that 14 is beside the lake? And yes if you right click on it you do get the option of turning the topo lines on anyway. Sheesh I thought everyone knew that.
March 19, 2003 11:26PM
Whew after 3 days of work on the course, I am going to Homes to play and forget work for a while.
- Got most of the holes filled that are in fairways.
- Place woodchips around all of the baskets.
- Roundup on baskets bases and teepads.
- Ant poison to kill bite ems.
- Mentally moved 16's basket.
- Entire course fairways mowed.
- Cursed Jonas for looking at half-naked girls while I worked :(.
- Realized that he will work while I get next week off ;).
March 20, 2003 07:06AM
@#$%&, the rest of the pros should just give up now. If Shane can move baskets with the power of his mind, imagine what he can do to a disc.
March 20, 2003 09:48AM
are all the pro distances still right about 400 feet on every hole? or did y'all slip a little variety in there, say one 300 foot hole and one 600 foot hole instead? or should i just plan on getting a 3 from every pro tee since i can only throw 350?
Boston
March 20, 2003 10:01AM
Jonas, how does it feel knowing a Bostonian is going to win this? Especially taking you on your own course ;)
March 20, 2003 12:31PM
Hmm? Guess you have not looked at the scorecard? Someone else had mentioned that you had an issue with this, but looking at the distances I don't have a clue what you are talking about.
[bellsouthpwp.net]
March 20, 2003 03:05PM
i have a lot of issues. if i win the windy hills open i promise i will use the cash to pay for a therapist, which is definitely possible since i can lay up for par better than most players. :)

what is the course record from the long tees my forehanded friend?
March 20, 2003 04:35PM
Again I refer you to the infinite tome of knowledge known as the wildcat trace website ;) @#$%& this is too easy!

[home.bellsouth.net]
March 20, 2003 09:22PM
mister seal you're just a veritable cornucopia of information sir. nice website by the way, and great job on the course, really. looks like it will be very important to score in the first round, don't see much movement in the second round. hard to tell for sure from 80 miles away though...
March 20, 2003 09:37PM
Does that 80 miles distort the distances between the tee and the previous basket/ It seems like some serious walking, and for us chainsmokers... and then put in my run up... did ya'll concider me when you put in the tees? or am I gonna be jumping over curbs, bushes, and benches

It won't matter, Mikey-mike will NOT beat me here. (Taking bets on how many discs he looses in the lakes!) But really, can't wait to check out the new course, and meet some more cool people.
Later,
WillT
March 20, 2003 09:48PM
Shane, forget all this other stuff and tell us more about the "half-naked girls".
March 20, 2003 10:46PM
True Dat!
The Zinger
March 20, 2003 11:04PM
Will, you gotta go with Errin and I on Sat.
Hardy
March 21, 2003 01:23AM
hey zinger, if i cant get to port arthur this weekend, you think i might catch a ride with you guys to miss.
hardy
zplasticmaster
March 21, 2003 08:31AM
Terry,
What time are you coming up on Sat?
Stephen
March 21, 2003 10:03AM
will, you won't have fowler to catch your back in poplarville! since i will be laying up on every hole and shooting even par i doubt i will lose any discs, but of course i am always up for a good wager. if i can take kittrell's cash on his home courses i'm certain i can take yours at a dry county course far from greenwood...when was the last time you won outside b.r. anyway? the 1999 Rivendell Open? thanks for giving me some extra motivation!
March 22, 2003 08:32AM
Mike,

Come up and play today or tomorrow. There should be a lot of folks out both today and tomorrow. Should be a lot of fun. Team Mobile? Come represent as well. Hattiesburg? Jackson should be in the house on Sunday.

Shane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013