Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Capital City Open

Posted by will t 
Re: Capital City Open
February 27, 2003 04:24PM
I've never played the course...from the thread it looks to be long-arm related....what are the average hole distances?? I'm no long arm, I try to get mine in the accuracy/putting dept. but I'm game for whatever ya got!!

New courses are always my favorite because you've got no preconceived notion as to how you should do...as long as I can do at least one stroke better each round , I'll be happy!! Griff
tree in the fairway
February 27, 2003 04:32PM
I hope it's long. I throw my Magnets 400 ft.
The Zinger
February 27, 2003 04:43PM
You have a remote control on it to direct it to the basket? That would be sweeeeet.
vl
February 27, 2003 04:49PM
i'd bet that you guys will like highland-- regardless of if you can throw a country mile or not...

(most folks freak when they see how beautiful the property is) ... some guy named K Climo listed it as one of his top 10 favorites... :^)

it tends to favor long arms-- but a mid range game is entirely important on many of the holes.... i do not know what divs you guys are in-- but the pro tees are a blast as well as the AM tees-- IMO...

any way-- from the AM tees (orange) the most difficult holes are #2, #4, #8 and #18 (usually everyone plays at least one round of AM tees)

everything else can potentially be birdied fairly easily with a big drive-- or a well placed not so big drive-- off the tee.

good to hear you guys are attending. willT is an excellent TD and always manages to direct a fine event-- and there should be a good turnout...

LA courses
[pdga.com]
tree in the fairway
February 27, 2003 04:49PM
I'm being serious. In fact, I find that it's most effective with a 25 mph head wind. I like to use the oldest magnets in my bag when this occurs.
thezinger
February 27, 2003 05:49PM
I used to put with the soft magnets, but i ended up somehow losing them. How do you lose a putter? I don't know. But then I started with the Aviars. I do still have a magnet in my bag for the anhyzer-around-the-tree putts.
Jonas
February 27, 2003 11:51PM
Hey Zinger, I'll be seeing you in Baton Rouge this weekend. I hope you bring that putting game I know you've been working on. Are you playing Ams, I mean Adv. Sorry, Freudian slip.
February 28, 2003 08:05PM
Essey, is that you giving my boy a hard time, or does someone else in Mobile throw old first run magnets?

See Ya'll tomorrow,
Willy TD
February 28, 2003 08:18PM
Magnets 400 feet pfft. I forehand mine 450 at least. Why I seem to recall hole 8 at highland spitting out my hard magnet on an ace run. That is the reason I switched to soft magnets ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013