Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Capital City Open

Posted by will t 
tree in the fairway
Re: Capital City Open
February 26, 2003 01:59PM
Hey Zinger, I'll be coming from Mobile with a few of my boys.

I have a serious question for you. Maybe I read this wrong, but you stated you shot a 6 under and you play Advanced.......

To each his own I guess, but that sounds like you're sandbaggin'. I shoot 3 down onverage, and Im playing Open. I just don't see how anyone would shoot such a score like that and then have the nerve to face everyone in the ADV division when you accept the prize.
February 26, 2003 02:07PM
hey, stick in the mud. i shot a 7 down at highland the week before the madness and a 12 over my last round this sunday, thats why alot of us sandbaggers play advanced.
The Zinger
February 26, 2003 03:01PM
tree in the fairway , everyone plays their best at their home course

Before you go off and accuse people, maybe you should look into their past scores at past tournaments. Go ahead, look at the Hattisberg Ice Bowl, the Tournament in Jackson the week after that (both in January)

I would have came in the middle of the pack in AM II. A personal best is a personal best, not my average. I've played Highland for the past 9 years (I grew up in the neighborhood behind the course), so I do kinda know how to shoot the holes, but I certainly can't do it every time.

"I just don't see how anyone would shoot such a score like that and then have the nerve to face everyone in the ADV division when you accept the prize."

You have the nerve to talk this way to people you don't even know. Goby and I know each other and I was just giving him a hard time(he has a better bag tag than I do). I also remember you saying from a before thread that you are from Mobile. Matthew O kicks my butt at all tournaments(except from Highland Rd thank goodness), why don't you tell him something!! Or how bout everyone that has beaten me in the past tournaments, obviously they must be baggin to beat a bagger.

It ain't my fault that I shot the best golf I ever had in a casual round. This does not mean I am a sandbagger. I would say maybe you just ain't no good as a Pro for averaging a 3 under, but I don't know who you are, or what courses you play, so I wouldn't have the nerve to say that.

This being said, I don't even know if I'm gonna be playing this weekend, I just hope to see a big crowd to support Sky South West.
tree in the fairway
February 26, 2003 03:48PM
No reason to get your panties in a wad. If the shoe fits, then wear it. I stated that I quite possibly misunderstood you, but IMO, people who shoot under par, especially 3-5 should move up. No matter if you're just goofin or what. Fact is, you're good enough to be playing in the Open division. It's not fair to those who are substantially better than most AM players to have to compete with us who shoot under par.

"You have the nerve to talk this way to people you don't even know."

I meant no disrespect, sorry if I came across that way, but honestly...3-5 players have the skills to compete on higher levels. Don't you feel like you're cheating yourself?
The Zinger
February 26, 2003 04:31PM
"people who shoot under par, especially 3-5 should move up."

Ice Bowl in Hattiesburg i shot a 54 63 131.......this score put me 14th out of 21 Adv players. I would have been 28th out of 31 Pros and 18th out of 35 Ams 18th in Ams!!!!I shot an even and a 7 OVER!!! Who's cheatin who?

Goundhog Grappler I shot a 55 76 131....the second round par was 81, so yes I shot an even and a 6 under,,,,,,BUT THE 6 UNDER WAS THE 3rd WORST SCORE IN ADV!! JUST BECAUSE I SHOT UNDER PAR NO WAY MEANS THAT IT IS A PRO SCORE!! Get it ??? or are you still blinded by a personal best? I don't average under par, my PB just happens to be under par.

It just pisses me off when a nobody comes on here and calls others sandbaggers just cause they don't belong in the division they are in. Last time tree in the fairway, I don't AVERAGE under par,, but my PB is under par. I play like an Adv, so I should be in Adv.
tree in the fairway
February 26, 2003 05:29PM
Lets start over shall we. It just ticks me off when players crowd other divisions by not having the balls to step up and compete. I'm not saying that's what you're doing. I feel that's what I came across as saying. my bad!

So since I'm stepping on toes, I think MO should step up. It's not uncommon for younger players to compete with the pros. Heck, my boy Rivers was winning tourneys at lil O's age. You aren't the first to admit he can outplay most ADV players. The same rumor floats around our locals.

And I'm not a nobody, I've been playing for 7 years. If you don't average under par, then like I said, maybe I MISUNDERSTOOD you.

Like I said, sorry to disturb you, I'll buy you a beer after the round.
The Zinger
February 26, 2003 05:45PM
tree in the fairway, I know I was sounding rude, but I wasn't really trying to sound that way. I just don't like be accused. I hope we have wonderful weather this weekend as I hope to see you there. Bring anyone who can fit into the vehicle, stuff one into the trunk if you have to.
tree in the fairway
February 26, 2003 05:50PM
Who said disc golfers weren't competetive? Justa a lil friendly debate. Hope to meet ya also!
February 26, 2003 05:52PM
I don't know Terry, I think with those scores, you should move back down to Am's. Just kidding! Hadn't talked to you in awhile. Where were you for the MGM this past weekend?
The Zinger
February 26, 2003 06:25PM
Jonas, no I couldn't make it for some personal reasons. You better bring you coon-@#$%& self to Baton Rouge this weekend. Hey and I would bet you know what killed me at those tournaments. :( Putting :(
oldguy that likes pro tees
February 26, 2003 08:16PM
terry,

you seemed to get upset over this discussion... i am curious... why do you care so much about which tboxs old guys throw from?

it has no impact on you, or the division you play in... (or does it? please explain if so)

also, go to the points standings page in this web site... and look at the pop down menu that selects divisions...

it lists ADVANCED MASTERS -- not AM Masters.

(that is why i asked upthread how many events offer both... THEY DON"T because they are really the same thing, which is indeed a valid point)

ps: no need to get upset. this forum is all about opinions, thoughts and questions. (the mobile guy showed great patience in this thread, imo and was attempting to bring forth some humor)

it seems sometimes that these forums-- being such an impersonal medium-- have a tendancy to make folks feel they are getting gang tackled when a few folks disagree with something one person types.... that is not the case... it is just all about communication-- which is a good thing.

peace, out.
February 26, 2003 10:22PM
Then why not let people know who you are instead of changing your handle all the time, or just staying anon?
Vic's always easy to know who he is (btr.bellsouth.net)
but when Terry feels like he is being attacked for shooting his personal best, instead of congradulating him, he gets called a bagger and scared to move up. Tournament golf is different from casual, pressure sure does strange things to the discs, and as I've seen stated many times in other threads, move up when YOU ARE READY.

As for the debate about the tees, Gosh darn does it really matter?

We can bicker and discuss it all week long, but I get the final say! (Bot ain't power fun?!)

As for what will happen, let's leave it till Sat, I'll poll all the Am/Adv Mast's and if there is no major objection, the Blues it is.

Oh alright, the yellows ya'll sandbagging bunch of old farts.

See Ya'll Sat,
Willy BT
SN# 24
February 26, 2003 10:48PM
i've never called the zinger a bagger... ??

he seems like the average skill level for an ADV player... if event results are an indicator.

to me "bagger" is an overused term-- and i agree with willT that folks should move up when they feel ready.

anyway, i was just genuinely curious why whippersnapper seemed upset over tee assignments for a division he doesn't play in... just wondering if it somehow impacted his division? the extra time per round? (just wonderin' what the prob was... just a question.... no biggy)

as far as TD decisions about T'boxs, OB's --or any special conditions... whatever a TD decides on is just fine with me.

pro tees rock! :^p
February 26, 2003 10:51PM
You'll be playing them anyhow you sandbaggin' pro master!!
February 26, 2003 11:01PM
if i am a bagger would that make RA, RB and CM superbaggers? :^p

you know-- the pro masters that usually beat me at events 90% of the time...

what about the guys in ADV MASTERS that were there before i ever started playing DG AND ARE STILL in that division?

i do not have dillusions of beating rivers (or folks like that in OPEN) but you can keep donating to them.
weather report
February 27, 2003 12:18AM
.FRIDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE MID 60S.

.FRIDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. SCATTERED SHOWERS. LOWS IN THE UPPER 40S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 %.

.SATURDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. SCATTERED SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE MID 60S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 %.
February 27, 2003 05:58AM
>As for the debate about the tees, Gosh darn does it really matter?

Well, gee, not really. But then, at that level, disc golf doesn't really matter either. Nothing wrong with wishing for a little variety. TZ and I weren't bickering though, just having a friendly debate (about which TZ knows NOTHING! just kidding, Zinger =8)

I said I'd had my last say, but one more thing: I notice that the only divisions NOT playing two different sets of tees are the Ams and Am Masters. Even the women and novices get two sets.

Anyway, you know me, Will. Whatever tees are played, I'll be there in my baggin' best!
weather report
February 27, 2003 08:40AM
it looks like the NWS is lowering the chances of wetstuff for the weekend...
(bur the weather channel seems to think otherwise by Sat evening)

.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING THEN BECOMING CLOUDY. SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN. LOWS IN THE UPPER 40S. CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.

.SATURDAY...CLOUDY. SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 70S.
CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY...CLOUDY THEN BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY. SLIGHT CHANCE OF
SHOWERS. LOWS NEAR 50. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S.

if anyone is still in the area on Sunday, will hosts a really fun handicap league @ greenwood and the ace pot is up to about a gazillion. seriously about 150?

ps. zinger. i re-read the thread.... never mind about the div questions.... it dawned on me (duh on my part) that the "bagger claims" were what perturbed ya... don't listen to those folks that call you that... moving to OPEN would mean donating to their beer fund...
tree in the fairway
February 27, 2003 09:55AM
I think it's funny when people blame competition, rather their lack of focus on the matter at hand. Reminds me of what Hatfields momma used to say, " If you cant stand the heat, get out the kitchen."
The Zinger
February 27, 2003 11:14AM
Vic, this is what I wrote a day or two ago,

"Goby and I know each other and I was just giving him a hard time(he has a better bag tag than I do)."

so now why do you want to get on here and say more stuff?

I am not upset at all about what tees are played. Like I said I was just giving Goby a hard time and I wanted to see his point of view. He made really good points. When I said Goby's points were invalid, I was joking because he had changed my opinion. That's why in my next thread I had changed the subject, which for some unknown reason you bring back up.

Then I felt like I was being bashed on by someone who doesn't even know me about shooting my personal best. Yes I wanted to defend myself.

Victor, i seen some of your comments on the pdga discussion board, and you make quit a few people upset. If you are joking, they don't see it. If tree in the fairway was just trying to bring forth humor, I surely didn't see that either.

I brought forth my case(from which I was accused), which I have every right to do. It ended in him saying that maybe he misunderstood me. He told me he'd buy me a beer(even though I don't drink), and I told him "I know I was sounding rude, but I wasn't really trying to sound that way. I just don't like be accused. I hope we have wonderful weather this weekend as I hope to see you there."

I thought this was all over so why do I have to defend what I wrote to you too?
The Zinger
February 27, 2003 11:17AM
Oh and Errin

I think there's gonna be water in the ditches this weekend. Don't fall in trying to save someone again.

Yes I heard, and I had tears in my eyes from laughing to much. :)
tree in the fairway
February 27, 2003 11:23AM
Learn to take a joke bro. Relax and laugh just a little, it's just fun and games!
The Zinger
February 27, 2003 11:50AM
tree in the fairway

that's what i was doing with Goby, Joking.

@#$%&, I give up. no matter what i say, someone has to come behind me and say something about it. If i post my pb, it has to get bashed. I can't defend myself at all, even if the other persons comments were a joke. I don't care if it is a joke, I will defend myself if it is against me. I'm sorry if I don't like being walked all over.

For most who do know me, i hope you would agree that I am usually always joking. I hardly ever get upset with anyone on the course or away from the course(except when I'm driving<------oh a joke!! but like with most of my other ones you will prob not see it). I am pretty much easy going.

But I do like to state my point, and since I will listen to other people's points I get upset when they don't listen to mine.

Now if we all haven't noticed yet, every one of my comments have been me having to explain myself. Why do I have to explain myself? Because YALL won't let it go!!!!!!
The Zinger
February 27, 2003 11:54AM
oh yeah

Tony or Steve---
call me if yall are coming this weekend,,yall know yall have a place to stay,,,,,unless yall are scared to get whooped...lol
tree in the fairway
February 27, 2003 12:12PM
Honestly, you remind me of Charlie Brown.

If you can't tell, I'm just trying to get under your skin before the show starts. That way you'll be wondering who this is, instead of concentrating on your game. I need all the help I can get. But I'll leave you alone before others start to wonder about the seriousness this site is to uphold. Lord knows we don't want others thinking we clown around all the time.
zplasticmaster
February 27, 2003 01:33PM
Terry,
I didn't really get what you were talking about, could you explain it one more time?
Confused dg'er.
The Zinger
February 27, 2003 01:45PM
LOL :)

well i'm bout to bring my son to get his first haircut :)
February 27, 2003 02:45PM
that was a good one about will donating all the time. i know i appreciate it. (both the joke and the donations)

as for you Zinger, i don't think you're good enough to be called a bagger. (let's see if he takes that joke personally again)
faceless butthole
February 27, 2003 03:28PM
What do you shoot on average as a pro at HP
The Zinger
February 27, 2003 04:12PM
average:............um.............b/t even and 3 over. This is on an average day. But sometimes when the Saints win a football game I shoot under par. But this is the course I grew up on, so it really doesn't show the skill I lack. Gosh I wish putting wasn't envolved. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013