Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wall Doxey Ice Bowl weather and some news

Posted by valkyrie180g 
Hello everyone,
We have not nor will receive any snow or ice. The weather will be around 41 degrees and sunny according to the weather channel. Now, I said we had few surprises in store for you. We have received ten bag tag numbers to sell at this tournament. The bag tags will be $15.00 and goes to the SNDG for prizes for the Ams And Pro divisions. The bag tag numbers up for grab are as follows 41, 63, 101, 103, 105, 108, 115, 168, 172, and 188. These will be drawn by the first nine players signing up for them, before the player meeting. I have already signed up sorry, but don't worry I'm an easy target. So for you guys and gals that been hibernating during the winter lets show the southern players that we can take their bag tag due to our courses being techinal with distance instead of just distance. We have also received some good plastic and other items to give as prizes including the Pro line Spider and Pro line Beast. A few more things are in store for everyone if they pan out let's hope so. Finally don't forget we have our bunk houses available for overnight stay and we are serving lunch. Lunch will be chili or soup and cheese sticks. When more information comes through on the other surprises, I will pass them along.
Don't forget the renewal of the $20 bounty for the first deuce on Hole #17!
Griff
What up Griff! See ya in the morning. Hope its your left collar bone thats bothering you, because I don't want to hear any excuses after thet smoke clears.
Fair
So weather.com has it as forecasted to be pretty chilly in Wall Doxey tomorrow. They say 22 with a wind chill to 14 at 9am and a 33 with a wind chill to 25 at high noon. Sounds like shorts weather to me! Who's with me? Let's all show up in shorts and Hawaiian shirts and call it the sun bowl! =)

See ya'll there!

Jeff
Sounds like you've taken one to many paws to the head from your pet bear sebastian. Better clear out those cobwebs before tomorrow.
See ya there,
Fair
Jeff, the only shorts I'll be wearing will be UNDER my sweat pants, OK? I'm going with the double and triple layers, gloves, etc. As you can see, I can't stand the cold! But it still won't be colder than our Ice Bowl! RwC
Looking forward to it. . . Mac & I are coming over in the morning, hope there are some Grand Masters lurking around. . . I could play Advanced Masters with Russ since I have NEVER cashed! Hope to find a few birdies tomorrow. . .

DG Guy
wall doxey state park
Re: Wall Doxey Ice Bowl weather and some news
February 07, 2003 09:28PM
We are glad to see you return DC guy. The birdies may be harder to come by than you remember. Don't forget our alternate placements will be in play from the beginning till the end. Fair was up dude since tourney season began we haven't seen you here. I see your doing fair in you tourney appearances.
Was there any particular reason that the Mississippi Doubles was moved from Cosser to Wall Doxey for 2003?

I know it was moved there in 2002 because of the high water. Is it now going to become a permanent thing at Wall Doxey?

I kind of liked it at Cosser since that course gets played so little and is so nice.

Brad
At the time Brad, of last years doubles the corp of enginneers did not give a specific date of when the water would be down to a specific height for this year tourney. We had made arrangements with Jim to keep the tourney the following year due to this factor. Another factor was considered in this equation. We had to lock down all of our cabins, and huts for people to stay in since the turn out was so good. We have been talking with Cossar for them to have it back in 2004. As it stands right now the Tallahatchie river is flooding again if it continues to keep raining Cossar may not be able to even have the Crossover tourney unless they get their alternate basket placement in, but no matter what Wall Doxey will not host the 2004 MS State Doubles. We want it to alternate between the North Parks since the South Parks are hosting the Ams Championships and possibly the Pros one day.
Thanks Wall Doxey for the quick response. Makes sense!

Brad
Hey Brad,
Your welcome. Hey, I seem to have trouble in getting to the forum of MemphisDiscGolf with the addition of your new column on the Home Page. Is there a way your can shorten the width. When you click the forum column, it doesn't bring it to the front like most web pages. Any Instructions would help, also remember I'm usually using the Parks old slow computer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013