Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thanks Wall Doxey

Posted by Bill Trousdale 
Thanks Wall Doxey
February 09, 2003 09:55AM
Just wanted to again say thanks for a great Ice Bowl Tournament at Wall Doxey. For those who didn't come because they thought it would be too cold you missed out. For an Ice Bowl, the weather was beautiful. The sun was out and players were peeling clothes off for the second round. I did fall victim to the hazards of an Ice Bowl Tournament. My long time trusted Cyclone was split during morning practice. Even pieces, one flying to the left and one to the right, neither one being a favorable lie. Being my first time at Wall Doxey, the practice round familiarized me with the course and reminded me to STAY AWAY FROM THE TREES. With my mojo in hand I played one of my best out of town tournaments in my 20 years of playing. Thanks to all the Park staff, volunteers, and workers for a great time that has me checking the calendar for when I can come play Wall Doxey again.
Re: Thanks Wall Doxey
February 09, 2003 12:43PM
Bill,
We enjoyed having you play at our tourney. The next SNDG will be April 26& 27, 2003. It will be a two day tourney as always we will have our bunkhouses and cabins.Thank you for the kind words about our course and personnel.
February 09, 2003 02:52PM
Dito here. . . nice playing the second round with you T-Bone. .. I just wished I had thought about not hitting all those trees. . . perhaps I could have faired a little better.

But if you measure an event by how much fun you have. .. (hey I ALWAYS have FUN!!!), then Wall Doxey's Ice Bowl was a blast (no pun intended)

Thanks to Benny, Lyle, Lisa, and all those unsung heros working in the background. . . you guys are the reason Disc Golf is what it is in Mississippi. .
and, as always. . . thanks Jim. . . where would we be without the Southern Nationals?

It can only get better, and I look forward to being there for the next one.

DG Guy
February 09, 2003 06:57PM
I also had a wonderful first experience at Wall Doxey!
The course is right up my alley, short and tight. I especially like the way the designer used the terrain to make those otherwise short holes quite challenging.

The benches, bag holders and garbage cans on each hole were also were great. Being able to have lunch indoors was also a nice touch. Great accomodations.

I look forward to returning in April, but I'm still concerned about those chiggers and ticks <G> To all the organizers, great Job! RwC
February 09, 2003 08:54PM
Yea Russ, the ticks and chiggers in the summertime are mean. They always leave their mark on me after a round at Doxey.
February 10, 2003 10:20AM
Thanks to all!! Despite my lack of scoring....I did come back and plant Mr. Street ever so softly in the BOTTOM RUNG!! Griff
February 10, 2003 12:59PM
And what's so much more impressive, Griff, is that you did it while playing injured! (sorry Brian).

I actually took some grief someone another Am (advanced) master at that event for playing in that division. I'm flattered, but I've been known to crash and burn as well as anyone.

Sorry to inform him that I will be an Advanced (am) Master until this points season ends. At that time I don't think I'll move up. I think I'll just move sideways and get beat up on by the young guys in advanced. Maybe it will make me work harder.

RwC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013