Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

tax tourney

Posted by bobsatter 
tax tourney
February 10, 2003 08:42AM
Hey everyone was wondering if The Tax Tourney was a Southern Nationals would this help with attendance? If you have never been to Bham George Ward is an awesome course!! Last year we had 80 players, and had just shy of 200% patpack with the open player winning just shy of$600.00 and the advanced player winnig a basket. I welcome any feedback and look forward to putting on a first class event. Jimbo can you please email me so we can talk about the details. Bob
tdwriter
Re: tax tourney
February 10, 2003 08:46AM
Bob, I can say it would certainly increase my chances of attending. That and a decent turnout of advanced masters! I may come anyway, but the schedule around that time is mightly full. RwC
February 10, 2003 09:27AM
Bob,

It would entice me a lot and other players from the Memphis and North Mississippi area, if we could get points with both Leagues at the Tax Tourney. (PDGA and Southern National) I would also like to point out that if your Tournament is on April 19th and 20th, that there are no other Southern National Tournament sceduled yet for that weekend which would greatly increase your Turn Out.

Brad
bob satter
February 10, 2003 09:30AM
I welcome all of you.Brad I doubt that there will be any other events that weekend due to the fact it is Easter weekend. The tourney feel on easter 2 years ago and we had over 125 players then. More input greatly appreciated. I look forward to seeing alot of you at Mardi Gras. Bob
February 10, 2003 12:14PM
Yo Bob,

It's a good bet that I will make the jaunt up from Baton Rouge again if it were both. I played there 2 or 3 years ago and loved the course. If you need any other help or input, feel free to contact me here or at [skysouthwest@msn.com] KEEP EM FLYIN!

Will T
SSW
February 10, 2003 09:32PM
This will be my 4th year at the Tax Tourney. The main reason is because it is such a great course and this is the best time to play the course. Another good reason is because it is a PDGA within 4 hours and I like to play a few of those every year. If it is a SNQ also, that is an added bonus. I highly recommend it to all players.
February 10, 2003 11:08PM
I'm not familiar with the Tax Tourney. Where is it?
bob satter
February 11, 2003 06:36AM
Bill the tax tourney is in Birmingham. Thanks Kevin and I look forward to you coming BOB
February 13, 2003 10:01AM
Kevin is right about the course at Geo. Ward being sweet however is hole #4's Tee pad fixed yet??? As you know, and this IS from experience,
it can be a leg breaker!!!! So be careful... Kev I just might be able to make it. When are you leaving???
frzbman
bobsatter
February 13, 2003 10:48AM
D.W. If you return we will memorialize in your honor. YOu will be able to use the tee or the gras your choice>
February 13, 2003 10:58AM
Bob,

Last I looked, the PDGA website had your Tournament listed as Not Sanctioned...but of course they have a lot of them listed this way. What does that mean? I do assume that this Tournament will be a PDGA Sanctioned Tourney.

Also, have you made a decision on it being a Southern National Tourney? Like to make plans ahead of time with hotel rooms and what not.

Brad
bobsatter
February 13, 2003 02:37PM
Yes Brad it will be a B tier event and I'm waiting to hear back from Jim on the SN aspect you can email me and Ill' send you a flyer asap. Thanks for your interest bob.
February 16, 2003 10:36PM
One more from Baton Rouge gonna try to make the Tax Tourney. Try to accumulate all the SN points I can this season, so SNQ would be helpful. =8)
February 17, 2003 08:30AM
I guess if Goby shows up, then I'll have to. Can't let him get too much further ahead of me (G). A little head to head competition would be great, just to see how I stack up against the guys from the south. Russ C
jim
February 17, 2003 09:57AM
we would love to see it a snq , it will help your attendance alot. the main reason i would like to see it sn is we help that tournament when no one wanted to run it. i came there 3 years in a row and ran it . we need birmingham in the tour . you draw a great crowd from differnt area and that helps with the snc. attendance . if you keep running sn events i would like to see the championship to go there one day. let me know if you would like to sn your event and we will do everything we can to help your event, thanks jim
February 17, 2003 10:23AM
Jim, I can remember when you were running the Birmingham events. With so many SNDG events so close together in March, April and May, I have to pick and choose. Since I'm in a points race, I'd likely come to B'ham if it's SNDG. Thanks for all you do, RwC
bobsatter
February 17, 2003 01:38PM
Hey Jimbo can you please email meand thanks for everyones interset in the Tourney ! Bob
February 17, 2003 08:48PM
No, Thank You Bob! I'm really looking forward to going up there again and taking you on on your own course.

Just to re-do my calender, when are the dates of the Tourny? Obviously @ April 15th, but since I don't have a calender handy, I figured I'd just ask here.

Once again Bob, if there is anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Peace,
Willy BT
bobsatter
February 18, 2003 09:16AM
Hey will it will be on 4/19 and 420. If you can update the calender that would be greatly appreciated and, I look forward to a great weekend. BOB
February 18, 2003 09:21AM
Bob,

Here are the numbers and E-mail addresses for people I think are running the Southern Nationals. It would defintely increase the chances of at least 3 of us here in Memphis in coming to the Tourney if it was a Southern National as well and most likely more than three.

Jim Orum
251) 478-0379
jim@sndg.org

Will Timmons
willtimmons@hotmail.com

I took these off the Tournament Page so hope they are right. :D

Brad
bobsatter
February 18, 2003 11:02AM
Thanks Brad!!
John Kittrell
February 18, 2003 12:56PM
Bob
I know you and Jim have emailed each other about making the tax tourney a Southern National Qualifier. If it will be let me know and I will post the tournament on the tournament page (today). Just post all the tournament info you want listed here or email me at johnk@sndg.org. Let me add my voice if the tax tourney is a SNQ I will probably attend also. The course up there is awesome. Later...
John K
bobsatter
February 18, 2003 01:43PM
John go ahead and add it on to the list it wiil be both pdga and sn. I will email you the rest of the details from my house since I am on my work pc. Thanks Bob
February 18, 2003 02:04PM
Good news Bob. I suppose I won't be home one single weekend in April!
See ya there. RwC
Tony Bass
February 18, 2003 04:06PM
Bob,
Glad to hear it will be a SNQ. I would like to come, I've never played in B'ham, but don't know if I'll be able to afford it. There's a lot of good tournaments around that time that I'd like to attend, I'm just going to have to be choosy. But once again I'm very happy that it will be a SNQ. We needed one in that area really bad!!!

TB
bobsatter
February 18, 2003 04:39PM
Tony if you are an open player this maybe the tourney for you last year with the help of my sponsors mostly local players it payed just shy of $600 with a small field of 24 open players as well as half of the field being payed out. The advanced winner won a m-14 as well as a shirt and disc just for playing as well as a huge BBQ with all you can eat ribs. over 200% payback on one awesome course. Give it some thought! BOB
February 18, 2003 05:32PM
Bob,

How many people will the course hold? Is there a limit? Do people need to Enter in advance?

When you get your Flyer done, send it to me at Memphisdiscgolf@aol.com and I will post it on the Memphis Website

Brad
February 18, 2003 05:47PM
If it only wasn't Easter....Darn it all!!

It is a 2-day event, correct??? Griff
matto
February 18, 2003 06:39PM
I went to this event about 3 years ago and it was one of the funnest tournements i had ever played. When i went there was about 7 really good temp holes. Are yall going to be able to set them up again.

Matthew
bobsatter
February 18, 2003 07:27PM
Matt, we will probally go with a 24 or 27 hole set up, this will depend on attendence. Griff last time it fell on Easter we had 144 players on 2 courses but, if you can make it a family trip I'm pretty sure that my wife will probally have an Easter egg hunt! BOB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013