Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

tax tourney

Posted by bobsatter 
bobsatter
Re: tax tourney
February 24, 2003 01:15PM
Will can you change the sndg schdeule so that it reads sndg and pdga b tier for the tax tourney. Everyone else the flyer will be up tonite bob!!
bobsatter
February 26, 2003 02:19PM
The flyer will be out tonight if you need a copy email me @ bobsatter@charter.net Bob SN#10
February 27, 2003 02:18PM
do you know any good motel deals in b-ham?

will/goby can i ride with y'all?
bobsatter
February 27, 2003 04:41PM
Yes mike Im tring to work out a group deal i'll let you know asap Bob
February 27, 2003 05:58PM
I might be interested in splitting a room with someone Saturday night. Not sure if the wife will attend. I need to keep these trips cheap since I plan on hitting several tournaments between now and May. Any Miss or Tenn guys have room, let me know. Russ C.

Hey bob, with a 27 hole setup would that be two 27s saturday and one Sunday. That's a lot of golf, but I'm up for it!
February 27, 2003 06:16PM
Mikey, yeah you can ride with me if go (most likely). I may try to stay with relatives though, but still undecided at this point.
bob satter@charter.net
March 04, 2003 08:56PM
Enteries are coming in qucikly so dont delay. Thanks to several cash sponsors Earl johnson And Matt guidry with $50 each that means we are well underway to surpass last years huge payout!! I'll keep you all posted. Will T can you email me about getting some bag tags Bob
March 04, 2003 09:35PM
Yo Bob, how many do you need. I can just slap em in the mail and you can pay me for them when they get sold, or when I see you at the Tax Tourny. Make sure you save a spot for me please.

John Kittrell is the one who changes that kind of info on the web page, but I'm sure he's read it and will take care of the prob for you.

I'm sure I have your e-mail adress Bob, but I am going to set up a "TD / Club Pres e-mail list that we can just group e-mail fliers to those individuals and they can post the info at their local courses.

E-mail me one at<skysouthwest@msn.com> (why doesn't this work for me?)

Till Later,
Willy BT
SN# 24
PDGA# 10542
March 04, 2003 09:38PM
Oh yea Bob, Sky South West will put up a $25, 2003 SN CE disc for a CTP as well. Preferably on a shorter hole that all have a chance to get it.
Again,
Will T
March 04, 2003 11:31PM
Hey Bob, any idea how soon the Tax Tourney could fill up? I'm planning on coming, but can't really send in the entry fee right now. Hopefully in a week or so, if necessary. Don't suppose you can reserve a spot? RwC
March 05, 2003 04:46AM
>E-mail me one at<skysouthwest@msn.com> (why doesn't this work for me?)

I think the angle brackets only activate web addresses, not e-mail addresses. A person only needs to click on the names in the message headers of the different forums to send an e-mail with the subject already filled in.
bobsatter
March 05, 2003 09:12AM
Hey russ I'll save you a spot but please send your money asaqp thanks. Thanks will for your sponsorship!!! Lots of added cash has been added if anyone else is interested in sponsoring a hole please let me know and thanks in advance. Bob
March 05, 2003 09:16AM
Bob, I'll sponsor a hole for $25. I'll include it with my entry fee that goes out in Thursday's mail.
bobsatter
March 05, 2003 01:07PM
Thank you in advance and look forward to meeting you!! That is if I haven't already meet you.
March 05, 2003 02:28PM
We haven't yet Bob, but we will meet. =8)
March 05, 2003 03:09PM
goby you met bob at the awesomest tournament ever, the 2003 Mardi Gras Madness. so there's a cap on the field Bob? what is the cap and how many people are signed up and how much is Open?
March 05, 2003 03:27PM
Then my bad, although I don't remember meeting him directly.
bobsatter
March 05, 2003 04:55PM
No worries Goby, I dont remember either but, I remember having an awesome time @ the mgm!! Hats off again to mike!! Mike you can access the flyer click on the overstable website. It is in the right hand corner.I will pencil you guys in. As far as how many in the field will be limited to around 86 to 91 players. And yes last years field filled up before the event. Thanks to you all BOB
March 05, 2003 05:46PM
thanks bob, i will send my check in this week if the field is that small! gots to earn me some PDGA points somewheres...
bob satter@charter.net
March 05, 2003 07:04PM
Get your game face on we did draw some big names in the past !!!! 2001 champ Ron Russel 2000and 2002 Ryan Renz tookout Brad Hammock on the last hole!! Oh yeah and I always try to play LOL
March 05, 2003 08:22PM
Bob,

Email me the flyer and I'll stick them up at the courses here in Huntsville. I'm sure some Chain Gangers will want to come play.

Matt Ambrose
bob satter@charter.net
March 05, 2003 10:42PM
Glad To hear from the new State Man hope you can make it as well and congratulations on St. Cord. let me know if you will be able to help with this event Bob.
March 06, 2003 10:55AM
Easter weekend is pretty much a family time for me so I won't be able to make it down. I will offer up a side bet of a six pack of Coke that more golfers from Huntsville play in the Tax Tourney than B'hammers play in the Rocket City Blast ;-). If you need help with the PDGA sanctioning process let me know, I just went through it for the Blast. I'll make sure the word gets out up north.

Matt
bobsatter
March 06, 2003 11:47AM
Matt the sactioning process is done. As for that other statement I'll take that bet There may be more courses up there but there are plenty of golfers here. I can only hope that your overall attendance improves. I have been coming to huntsville for many years and Tourneys and the one thing I've noticed is a decline in attendence. Hopefully it will improve!! I hope that you are going to be more involved in Alabama events other than the one in Huntsville. Will you support the highest finishing Alabama player the right to go to the usdgc? Thanks for your support!!!!!!!!
March 06, 2003 12:49PM
Bob,

Since you are sanctioned I'll offer up a $25 hole sponsorship for the Tax Tourney if they aren't all taken. As for attendance at the Blast only time will tell. I'm hoping for a good turnout. The USDGC slot will go to whoever I feel is the best representative of Alabama Disc Golf that hasn't yet qualified. I won't tie it to a single tournament. More likely overall performance in Alabama tournaments and overall PDGA rating will be the determining factors. My thrust as SC is to get communication going among disc golfers and organizers in Alabama. You can see some of what I'm doing on the website.

[www.west-point.org]

I'm also working on an organizers newsletter to get coordination for 2004 started I'll put you on distrbution for that. Maybe we can get the Tax Tourney off of Easter weekend next year so I can attend.
bobsatter
March 06, 2003 02:07PM
I welcome your sponsorship you can mail it to me @ 708 lake crest drive hoover alabama 35226 thanks in advance. If that is how you are going to base it I as wellas others feel that is crazy ie. player ratings are never current. What tournaments are you going to base that on since are state is pretty big and divided as to how they feel about the pdga and the sndg series. Ratings are also based on people across the country and not state specific. I as well as others think that the TT with its relationship to the whole state is a great and fair challenge for all players. I'm glad your getting a head start on next year but who knows who will be the next sc and what there plan or plans may be! I guess it becomes one person decision but every other person qualifies thru a tournament result!!! No hard feelings on whatever you decide nad, thanks for your sponsorship I will be attending your event and will match your sponsorship!! Let me know what I can help with. Anyone else have an opinon on this issue. Bob
March 06, 2003 02:30PM
Yeah, I lived in Alabama from 1961-1964 (Anniston) and again in 1988-1992 (Auburn). Pick me as your USDGC state rep. I like ropes. =8)
March 06, 2003 04:02PM
Tax Tourney results will definitely be a factor, they just won't be the only factor. I want more flexibility than a single qualifying tournament gives me.
bob satter@charter.net
March 06, 2003 04:59PM
Me that is a interseting statement for an elected position. How about a vote? That sounds fair!! what do you say?
March 07, 2003 06:43AM
Sure would be nice if there was some positive feedback for our (B'ham AND Huntsville) tournaments. I think its great that we are even having a tournament. The lack of attendance? We haven't held anything major since 1999 (Rocket City Re-entry). We are very excited to have people stepping up to TD our events. I think it will be a success. Thanks, Matt!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013