Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Burns Park News

Posted by Bill Trousdale 
Burns Park News
February 16, 2003 11:05PM
Today elections were held. Results are as follows:
Len Benfell, President; Lori Mezger, Vice President; Robbie Shaw, Course Pro; Rick Sandner, PDGA Representative; Jeff Reynolds, Treasure; Ben Mosakowski, Promotion; Bill Trousdale, Parks Department Liason.

This Tuesday, February 18, the North Little Rock Parks Commission will review the new couse design. Approval is expected. Poles could be going into the ground for the new coure as soon as Saturday, February 22. When finished, the existing course will have been split in half with 20 holes on the front and 18 holes on the back, with alternate pin placements.

I'm looking forward not only to our State Championship in May but also a new event called "The Ironman". Both courses will be played as a single round, 38 holes. A one day event, two 38 hole rounds played.

Bill Trousdale
Re: Burns Park News
February 17, 2003 08:51PM
That sounds great!
I know that some of us Baton Rouge players have been talking about making the trek up to play the Ark States this year, so I'll be coming for my #2 bag tag dang it.

Sounds like ya'll have got it going on up there. Keep it up.

Peace,
Will T
February 18, 2003 02:56PM
Bill,

Can any of you Arkansas people tell me something about a Disc Golf Course in Jasper, AR? Place called Horse Shoe Ranch I believe. Any info would be helpfull. Website...pics...descriptions..etc.

Thanks!
Brad
www.Memphisdiscgolf.com
golfers
February 18, 2003 08:17PM
iron man? what about a mush man toun.
February 19, 2003 09:36PM
Will T, you and your Baton Rouge buds are welcome to stay at my house if you decide to make the trek north. Bag tag #'s 2,3 and 8 currently reside in the " Rock "
February 19, 2003 09:43PM
Brad, the course at Jasper has homemade baskets right now but "real" baskets have been ordered. The course is literally on a mountain, this is not cart golf, some serious climbing is involved. Kelly Watson in Fayettville can provide you with alot more details.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DJ
Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013