Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Hey everyone. I am moving to Charlottesville, Virginia in the fall to go to graduate school at UVA. I have looked at the Virginia courses & sites that are listed at discgolf.com. However, it can be difficult to get a sense of the true quality of courses when the author providing the course description is promoting the course.

So, has anyone played any of the courses up there? Any advice on which ones are worth driving to (Charlottesville is a couple of hours away from most courses).

I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks!
John
Hey John what's happening? I myself have not played any of the courses up there but my brother has, he lived up there for a few months. He said that the course at Newport News is really cool. I'm not sure how long a drive that would be from Charlottesville, but according to him it would surely be worth the drive. Best of luck to you in graduate school.
Tony
Justin Laughlin
Re: Anyone know the courses in Virginia?
July 25, 2002 03:35PM
John,

I have played about 3 courses in VA and recommend the "Ace Run Ranch" in Suffock (near Newport News). It is a top notch pro style course on Don Johnson's private property. Give him a call before you make the trip over bit it is definatley worth the drive.

PS. Hole #1 is 600ft with an island green surrounded by a mote(Phatty!)
John Hendon
July 25, 2002 04:51PM
Thanks guys.
blueboy
July 26, 2002 03:39PM
I am familiar with the courses in norther VA and in Richmond. Richmond has two good courses, the better of them being Dorey Park. Gilles Creek has nice hole layouts but is confusing due to the fact that the holes aren't marked accurately because of course changes. I have never played the new one. They tell me that Spotsylvania is nice. As for Northern VA, Burke Lake is popular as is Bluemont in Arlington. Bluemont is very nice and extremely popular. It's nine holes but the course record from the long tees for nine is +3. Good luck. The guys to know in VA are Chris Hysell, John Biscoe, and Tim Berron.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013