Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question about Cossar Crossover

Posted by tdwriter 
Question about Cossar Crossover
February 23, 2003 11:37AM
Can someone answer this for me. Will the points for the Cossar Crossover (May31-June1) count toward 2003 or 2004? I would assume since the event will be completed in June, it would be the first points event of the new '04 season. Someone LMK. RwC

Oh, and is the wind as bad in the summer as it was in December? (please say no)
Re: Question about Cossar Crossover
February 23, 2003 01:23PM
Russ,

I had seen or heard somewhere that the points would count in the season the tourney ended. I don't know if this is correct or not.

And the wind is just as bad if not worse in May/June.

Hope to see you here.

Josh Patterson
I proposed that points would apply to 03-04 when I sent it in, but Jim has not ruled on it as of yet. That is why we are calling it the crossover, to create an issue to argue about. Please express your opinion.
February 23, 2003 09:30PM
Kevin, I'm all for it counting for '03-'04 points.
The '02-'03 points season ends May 31. The new season begins June 1.
The tournament will end June 1, so that would mean that the points would be counted to the new season.

Either way, I hope I can come. By that time, I'll have played in more tournaments in one year than I have in my entire career. RwC
matto
February 24, 2003 06:14AM
they will count tor next year , the season ends may 31st , start your new points, now go ace one for me ,jim
Hey tdwriter,
Don't let Josh fool you about the wind. You know how those summer days are in MS. HoooooTTTTTTTTTTT. Couldn't find wind if you farted. You would have to throw a water hazzard just to find relief.
What about the night wind? That’s right, Josh has given us clearance to have a doubles glow round Saturday night of the Crossover starting at 9:00 pm. Would anybody be interested in that?
February 26, 2003 10:13PM
Yeah Kevin, I'm interested in throwing my plastic into the water at night. Sounds great!:) RwC
February 27, 2003 09:41AM
Awesome!

Cossar Crossover Disc Golf Challenge Oakland, MS
Date(s): 05/31/2003 thru 06/31/2003

I think you are very brave to attempt a month-long event. I have to tell you that you will have to cut it a day short, though, since June only has 30 days.
John Kittrell
February 27, 2003 10:24AM
The dates have been fixed funny guy (you couldn't handle a month long tournament) but thanks for pointing out the error..
John K
February 27, 2003 10:47PM
Hell, John, I apparently couldn't handle a two-day tournament in New Orleans. On Monday my shoulder felt like it was on rusted hinges.
February 28, 2003 09:48AM
Hey Benny,

Since you wanna talk smack, why don't you come and play 5/31 and 6/1. To my knowledge you've never played Cossar. After you play here, then you can comment on the wind, water, doubles, etc....................

Josh
Josh,
I wish to inform you that you would not know trash talkin if you were having a conversation with a trash man. I was trying to help bring players to your course, but in regards to playing at Cossar maybe if it was not in the water for the past year since i have been playing that I would school you on your own course as I did when you came to Wall Doxey. Now, you know that I can't make your tourney. I have to get ready for the Doubles that I'm fighting to give back to your course in 2004. Now, no matter what your still my boy. We wish you well at the Crossover. By the way who is the TD for your tourney call me if you need someone. Spring Creek Disc Golf Club will be happy to help.
I'm still ticked at Benny for taking my ace pot at Doxey on the last throw ;)

BTW Benny, Any word on the commemorative discs the winners and second place finshers at Doxey were supposed to recieve? I'm dying to see them!

Looking forward to playing there again in April. And I do intend to play advanced master again. Hope there's not a problem just because I won the Ice Bowl.

RwC
March 01, 2003 11:37AM
Benny,

You must be a trash man then cause it sounded like you were talking smack. Also to remind you that the only reason the doubles were at Doxey was because our course was under water. It would be at Cossar this year had we had been informed on what was going on. Oh, and when I played there, I spanked you on your own course, if I remember correctly. If I'm mistaken then we'll bring Ping Pong into this discussion, sarge......... Anyhow, any support you can send us is appreciated.

Josh
TdWriter,
Sorry about the Ace Pot money, But if it puts your mind at ease. I did put it back toward the prizes. ( ha ha ha What a fiasco) We are still waiting on the disc from Innova. Sorry, I don't have any further information for you.
Josh,
I will put $30.00 toward the Crossover Tourney out of my pocket. I will deliver it on Tuesday. Did I say Tuesday? I believe I did. That must must mean I coming to show you that you are mistaken about our game at Wall Doxey. Where did table tennis (ha ha ha) enter into this discussion. He wasn't here for that two stroke lost you suffered. So now your making me call you and table tennis out on your own course. I hope your laughing your head off right now. You know I don't like talkin Smack or Trash. Call on Sunday.
Ohhhhhhh Sarge.... Believe it was you that said TWO years ago that nobody would be able to beat you at the end of the year and that you would quit playing. Hmmmmm I guess you haven`t won it all right? Now that dude is trash talking right? time to take out da garbage sarge. :) Nyuck nyuck nyuck. Still waiting on ya down here... Maybe if you ask real nicely Lyle might let you come out and play someday ok?
Uh Benny it`s Ping Pong. Together now P,I,N,G-P,O,N G. Try that....:) Ooooooppps so you`ll know not table tennis. :)
April 19, 2003 02:01PM
Just wanted to bring this thread back up to the top and remind everyone that Cossar State Park is holding its Crossover Tournament on May 31 and June 1. As of now, all of the cabins on the park are booked for that weekend. I do have the bunk houses held for anyone who is intrested. They will accomidate 28 people and will cost $6.50 per person per night. Camping is available also.

Remember to bring those glow discs because we will be having glow doubles on Saturday night, starting at 9:00 P.M.

For any further information or to reserve a bunk, you may call the park office @ 662-623-7356, email @ georgepc@watervalley.net.

Josh Patterson,
Assistant Park Manager
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013