Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Baton Rouge this weekend

After speaking with Buddy yesterday, he says that the ultimate tournament will directly affect our game this this weekend. Now I understand that he's a bit outspoken in his opinions, we're all used to it, but what's the real deal on this....Will?
Re: Baton Rouge this weekend
February 24, 2003 10:11AM
I *believe* the ultimate tournaments are held in the large field along holes 5 and 6. If so, folks that throw a hyzer on 5 may have to wait a few moments if the ultimate action is in the way. Other than that, shouldn't be a problem.

(An unofficial answer from an uno-fish-al person.)
February 26, 2003 07:23AM
The Mardi Gras Ultimate Tournament in Baton Rouge this weekend will NOT be held at Highland Road Park. Instead, it will be held at the Burbank soccer Complex on Burbank Dr. The ultimate tourney will NOT affect the Capital City Open.
February 26, 2003 07:51AM
Are you sure? Usually it is held at both on Saturday. This is one of the largest college tournaments in the country, plus they have open and women's divisions.
February 26, 2003 07:55AM
Crow, I got the information from the Turbo Dog website. Turbo Dogs are the host organization, so they should know. Look under the "Directions" menu. It says all teams will be at Burbank.

[www.turbodog.org]

It may be that they were prevented from using Highland Road Park because of the DG tourney (speculative on my part). I'm in no way connected to the Turbo Dogs and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night, so I make no guarantees.
February 26, 2003 09:03AM
It looks like you are right. Weird. I have played in that tournament more times than I have played dg tournaments in Baton Rouge. I guess maybe they are staggering the games this year, unless they have added fields to the soccer complex. At any rate, have a great tourney. I have to go to a Mardi Gras ball in Mobile Sat :< BLEECCCHHH.
February 26, 2003 10:42PM
The new soccer complex is HUGE. If you've never driven down Burbank, you wouldn't understand. I did talk with some of the Ultimate players, and they said that if they did have to have any matches at the park, they can work around the disc golf course, so let's go party with the big dogs, and just have a blast!
February 26, 2003 11:13PM
Seen it, and played there. USM Reunion made off with a huge upset win last year, trashing some Texas team in the B-bracket finals on Sunday. But there were so many teams last year that they had games at both places on Saturday. The only field that was really in the way, though, was in that field that contains the tees for hole's 2 and 9.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013