Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

COURSES IN ATLANTA

Posted by misterbogey 
misterbogey
COURSES IN ATLANTA
February 24, 2003 07:46PM
I'm going to Atlanta next week on business and may have a chance to play. I checked the PDGA site and didn't see any courses listed, so if anyone knows of a course nearby, let me know. All work and no play sucks! ;-)
Re: COURSES IN ATLANTA
February 24, 2003 08:29PM
Even though Merriweather is a little out of the way I suggest that you go play it if there is any chance. It is a great course with lots of character.

Shane
February 24, 2003 08:51PM
You kind of have to check Mapquest, since there are several courses around Atlanta but not actually in the city limits. I have heard Redan Park in Dekalb Cty. is a good course, but I have also heard it is in a bad part of town. I think the course in Alpharetta is where Cam Todd started. I have played that course, but that was a long time ago and it was in disrepair at the time. But it seemed like it would be a fairly fun course if we had been able to find our way around. But Shane is right about Merriweather Disc Golf Farm in Hogansville. One of the coolest courses I have ever played.
February 24, 2003 09:09PM
if on the southside definately play meriwether it is a pay-to-play course though, 5 bucks all day. the teepads are big enough to park a car on and theres open and tight fairways with elevation. i even think there are two baskets on each hole. about three years ago they started planting a second basket on each hole, dont know if they have finished or not. this course is actualy in the town of Hoagansville about an hour south of downtown ATL.

if youre on the northside, play Sequoyeoh (spelling ?). its a free, tight and open course with some very unique elevated fairways. about 30 min. north of I285. home of my 5th and last ACE, hole 11. at the time the course was so new there were no distances posted. its an open downhill shot about 300 ft away maybe 50 ft below teepad? also, an OB road on right and more drop off on left. oh yeah, it was my first throw of the day, too!

while your in ATL look up IFO - identified flying objects, they will give you directions.
John Kittrell
February 25, 2003 07:41AM
If your driving stop by the merriweather disc golf course. Going to Atlanta its the hogansville exit, mile marker @28, take a right, course is about 1/2 mile on the right. On hole four is an honor box $5 for all day. It a great course. Avoid Wills park, hopefully its been fixed, but I went there about a year ago couldn't find tee boxes, eventually gave up trying to play after @12 holes, very disappointed. Oregon park in north Atlanta was pretty good, its a nine hole course (or it was a year ago). Rodan is the most talked about course, its on the eastern side of Atlanta. I never got the chance to play it but everything I've heard has been good. Hope the info helps, enjoy your trip...
John K
Zplasticmaster
February 25, 2003 08:16AM
Play the Ant Farm (Merriweather)!
bobsatter
February 25, 2003 01:57PM
Redanpark dekalb county Oregon park cobb county
Wills park Alpharetta Merriweather- 40 miles south of atlanta 85 south exit 6 go left 1mile on right. Sequah park Cobb county Take your pick atlanta rocks!! one mor Lenora park 10 minutes from redan. Bob
misterbogey
February 25, 2003 07:31PM
Thanks guys!

Sounds like Merriweather is the place to play. I'll only have one late afternoon but, if I get a chance, I'll go there.
zplasticmaster
February 25, 2003 10:04PM
Bring your long arm.
Tony Bass
February 26, 2003 02:41PM
Yeah, but don't completely forget your accuracy!! Everyone is right about this course. It definately rocks!! One of the best I've seen personally.
TB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013