Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Buccaneer Tournaments

Posted by Zplasticmaster 
Zplasticmaster
Buccaneer Tournaments
February 26, 2003 11:08AM
Does anyone know when the next tourney at Buccaneer will be?
There are usually two a year, one in the Summer and one in the Winter. One of those two were replaced with a doubles tourney.
There are none posted at sndg.org. Can you post them or just relay the dates they will be held.
Thanks,
Z
tree in the fairway
Re: Buccaneer Tournaments
February 26, 2003 01:46PM
Hopefully no time soon. Not be overly critical, but the skeeters will carry you away from that place.
Tony Bass
February 26, 2003 02:30PM
Oh its not that bad. Especially in the earlier part of the year. And the course is definately good enough to put up with a few bites! I sure do hope the Buc doubles takes place. It was a blast last year! Will how about it????? Do you think it might happen sometime soon????
TB
I spoke with the Park Manager at Bucanneer. He said that there are no definite dates set yet, but they are trying to set one in May. He was waiting to talk to a local TD to do the tourney. The only other one is the one always scheduled the 1st weekend of December. So if there is a local TD wanting to do the tourney. You might want to contact him on the first of the month.
zplasticmaster
February 26, 2003 04:53PM
Scared of Bugs?
tree in the fairway
February 26, 2003 05:30PM
Not at all. However it's hard to put when you're swatting yellow flies tough guy!
Boston
February 26, 2003 08:04PM
Two Words: BUG SPRAY It works wonders ;)
February 26, 2003 10:39PM
Of course I'd be more than willing to run the events at the Bug-in-ear.
Looking at the list of SN tourny's, the best day for it would be the 23rd of May, but that conflicts withthe Alabama States. (Is the Ala States a SN qualifier this year?)

Does the doubles format suit us, or should we make this a singles tourny again?

If they do want two tournys each year they need to let me know what month they want it, and the same goes for Gautier, there are none on the scedule that I am aware of.

My e-mail adress is skysouthwest@msn.com or just keep posting here on the forum.

Later,
Willy BT
SN# 24
February 26, 2003 10:50PM
OK, trouble with that date maybe. There will be a SN / PDGA B tier event in Huntsville that weekend that will be really fun. (4 courses) Check the other thread on this information.

Maybe April 26th? The only thing I see on that date is the Wall Doxy Open, which is a two day event, and a good ways away, but two tourny's in the same state on the same weekend? But I still think it would work.

Bye Again,
SN# 24
February 26, 2003 10:50PM
Once and hopefully for all. THE ALABAMA STATE EVENT ON THE SCHEDULE CAN BE REMOVED!! The state is going to be in Huntsville LATER THIS YEAR. Matt Ambrose and the Huntsville crew are handling it and I have no idea if it will be SNDG, PDGA or whatever. So please, remove this event from the schedule. RwC
February 26, 2003 10:54PM
Even with the Ala States gone, there is still the Huntsville tourny that same weekend that will be a SN and PDGA B-tier that should get a big tournout even from as far away as here. But thank you for the info on removing the states from that date, much obliged.

Peace,
Will T
SN# 24
PDGA# 10542
February 26, 2003 11:59PM
Thanks, Will. Shoot, I forgot about the Rocket City Blast! Please ignore my other post. Didn't think anyone would see this that quick. Appreciate your work. RwC
Tony Bass
February 27, 2003 10:47AM
Will I think April 26th would be a good date, (if o.k.'d by the park manager) because I don't think a tourney on the coast would affect the Wall Doxey turnout at all. That's a long ways away! Also what about maybe having it March 22nd. The only thing scheduled for then is a Gainseville tournament for AM's. And I don't think we'll keep anyone from going all the way over there. I really hope the powers that be decide to make it a doubles. Last year was the first one at the Buc and the tournout was really good. I know it would be even better this year if we would advertise a little ahead of time. So please get with Mr. Jim and make a decision so we can "talk it up" on the forum page. Anyways you have got all of H'burg's vote for doubles! Also Steve and I will be there early, if you need a hand with anything just let us know. We would be glad to do anything needed in order to get this thing to take place. Later

TB
February 27, 2003 02:02PM
i agree with sand-bass :) that the bug tourney should be Mar. 22. the bugs would be much better. and i'll stop calling you sand-bass when you bring back my discatcher. let me know Willy B, i was actually thinking about running a SNQ at Lafreniere Park that day since there's no tourney on the schedule.
Jonas
February 28, 2003 06:12PM
BUC-AA-NEER, BUC-AA-NEER, BUC-AA_NEER!!! This needs to happen man!!
February 28, 2003 06:58PM
Kick his ass, SANDBASS!
Tony Bass
March 27, 2003 10:28PM
Yo Will
I wanted to bring this thread back to the top so we could try and set a definate date for the Buc. tourney (hopefully dbl.'s) (maybe even 666 golf, ooooohhh that could get ugly! Let me know what's up?

TB
March 28, 2003 12:04AM
I was wondering where this came from!

I'll get Jim O to call and try to arrainge something solid, and soon!

Peace,
Willy BT TD
Zplasticmaster
March 28, 2003 08:44AM
Doubles at the BUC. Doubles at the BUC. Doubles at the BUC. Doubles at the BUC. Doubles at the BUC. Doubles at the BUC. Doubles at the BUC. Doubles at the BUC. Doubles at the BUC. Doubles at the BUC.
March 28, 2003 08:48AM
More doubles everywhere! Someone put a Tournament on in the Florida panhandle sometime between May 10th thru the 17th
March 28, 2003 05:08PM
I was at Buccaneer this past weekend, it looks like someone has been doing quite a bit of work, the course looks better than I have seen it in a while. There even is a new bench on one of the holes. So even though I don't know who has been doing all of this work I definitly appreciate it, it made the outing much more enjoyable.

Bill
March 28, 2003 06:37PM
My wife and I got the chance to play Bucaneer and Gautier this weekend and we both agree on one thing about Bucaneer, ANY tournament there aughta have the slogan "sink a putt and donate blood." The mosquitos were BAD!!!

Fun courses though.

Jeff
March 31, 2003 08:21AM
So what was the final outcome of the tournament decision at Buccaneer?
Shane I met you yesterday at PRC, great course, great meeting you. It's hard coming from Slidell to play, but I play Buccaneer a few times a week and it'd be great to play in a tourney out there.
Tony Bass
April 02, 2003 04:59PM
Rick,

I don't know. But I sure wish we could get something set!! Will, where you at bro'!!!!

TB
April 02, 2003 08:22PM
Thanks Rick for the compliment. I would like to see something at the buc if it can happen soon. The deer flies are unbelievable later in the year. Rick if you can let me know via email, I can get the disc you need or just click on the link at the top.

Shane
April 02, 2003 09:49PM
Hey. Last time I talked to Jim O, he asked if I could put together this tourny here, and from looking at the calender, the last weekend in April is still the best date.

So, as it looks now (I need the OK from the Park)
APRIL 26th Buccaneer Doubles is back!!!!!

If the parkmanager needs any information from me, he may e-mail me at skysouthwest@msn.com, or get in touch with Jim Orum.

I do plan on having it be a one day, two round affair, with the first round being the normal best shot, and the second one being the now infamous 666 golf!

We'll start a new thread, and create a flier for it as soon as it is 100% approved.

Peace,
Willy BT
SSW
April 03, 2003 08:05AM
Thanks for the info, but I gotta ask. Being new to Tournament style disc golf, what is 666 golf? Hey Shane, what are the conditions at PRC like today? My friends and I were thinking about heading up there for about 3:30, but if the conditions are poo, we'll stick to Buccaneer. Thanks all!
Rick
Zplasticmaster
April 03, 2003 09:26AM
Rick,
666 golf is hell!
Holes 1-6 are best shot, 7-12 are alternating shot( you drive, your partner ups ), 13-18 are worst shot( worst shot picked by the other team in your group ). The 666 format is a blast, it evens the playing field. Choose your partner wisely. ;-)

As for the weather here, its great. warm, sunny, a bit windy(its always windy at the Wildcat Trace).
I'm not in Poplarville, but just up the road in H-Burg.
GO PLAY!

Stephen
April 03, 2003 10:01AM
Thanks for the info! 666 golf sounds like a blast; hope to see everyone at a tourney at buccaneer! Hopefully I'll be getting some new discs in the next few days, then it's to the courses to test them out and learn them. I'm sure I'll be in Poplarville this weekend, at least one day, and I'll definitely be out playing today, it's just a bit of a haul for me; i live in Slidell and work in New Orleans, so my hellish 45 minute drive home becomes an hour and a half after picking up my friends to go play. Thanks again for the info!
Rick
April 03, 2003 10:52AM
Where you at Steve? Call me @ work 403-1340.
Tell Dave that he and I are partners for BUGaneer doubles. It's meant to be.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013