Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GP Cossar DG Course

Posted by Jeff 
GP Cossar DG Course
May 06, 2002 02:47PM
Has anyone else been by there recently? Almost the entire course i underwater! Hole number 1 would be the only one that would be playable as far as I can tell.

If any one has some pictures of how the course looked it would be kind of cool to go retake those pictures right now, just to see the difference.
Re: GP Cossar DG Course
May 07, 2002 09:17AM
Yeh, we drove by on the way back from Walldoxy Spring Fling. Was grossly underwater, making us question why they set it up where they did. I have to doubt whether the course will be ready for the scheduled June 1/2 tourney. I have heard various rumors about whether or not it will be ready. Anyone have the definitive word on this, or is it just wait-and-see?
CC
May 07, 2002 09:29AM
I heard from a member of the club down at Cossar that this summer someone is going to come in with scuba gear and pull the baskets up and try to relocate them. Don't know where too. He also said they feel the water will not be out of there until possible Sept or so.

So I fell that the MS State Doubles will have to be moved.
Has anyone talked with a parks person or a ranger up their to find out about when it might go down. I saw it about 2 months ago and I could only see about 3 or 4 baskets at all. What about contacting the corp of engineers and see what they say about the situation? What about the doubles event in july, where will it be moved to if the course is underwater still? I have talked with a park here in Jackson about putting a new 18 hole course in so maybe we could do it their?
jim
May 15, 2002 05:17PM
will it be dried up or enough to play in june
May 16, 2002 10:00AM
I don't think so, unless there is huge draining of the lake. Most of the pins are VERY deep under the water.

Jeff
May 20, 2002 07:07PM
Someone in charge needs to either take the Tournament down from the Tournament Page or confirm that its going to be held underwater with scuba gear. :D
May 20, 2002 09:23PM
SCUBA GEAR? HEY I CAN SEE IT NOW...ON E.S.P.N....EXTREME DISC GOLF!
May 21, 2002 10:32AM
I'll play in scuba gear, but I have one question. Would a dolphin or a dragon be helpful or hurtful in such a situation. And if it comes to rest 6 feet + above the ground b/c it is floating is that a stroke??

Jeff
May 21, 2002 08:45PM
If I saw a Dragon on the course it would GIVE ME A STROKE! And I'D BE SIX FEET UNDER THE GROUND!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013