Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2000 Southern Nationals

Posted by Robin Adams 
2000 Southern Nationals
September 07, 2000 08:29AM
I would like to take a moment to say what an excellent Southern Nationals this was this year. We often take for granted all the hard work and effort that goes into making this event such a fun and successful one. I really enjoyed playing four different courses this year, (except for mean ol' Cottage Hill!!) Anyway, I just wanted to thank Jim, Mike and ALL of the volunteers for making this the best one yet. You ALL did a wonderful job. The awards ceremony was very emotional and touching, but I think Jim and Mike should have received some type of award for all of their hard work, and for not being able to play in tournament because they were running it, that must be torture!!

As for the guy who complained about not being able to play on Sunday because of our tournament, get over it! You had a choice of 3 other courses that weren't being used, and, if your such a disc golf enthusiast, then you should have played in the tournament yourself!

Ronnie and I really enjoyed the tournament, and, we always enjoy getting to see all of our Disc Golf Friends! Thanks everybody!!

One more thing, the Fall Fling will be held at Greenwood Park in Baker, Louisiana on September 16, 2000. Hope to see ya'll there!!
newcomer
RE: 2000 Southern Nationals
September 08, 2000 07:08PM
As a newbie to the SN Tour I must admit to being truly and completely impressed by the staff of folks that organize, produce and direct the events that make up the Southern National Tour. To use the word professional just doesn't quite justify the efforts / production values / work ethic of the SN staff & administration.

Jim0 and the staff of volunteers who dedicate themselves to the benefit of others by organizing the regional SN Disc Golf series are due (_!_)loads of gratitude from all of us that make up the DG community. I agree with Robin-- some sort of award is absolutely deserved. You can tell what a person is made of by the way they react to winning and losing-- or how they react to being complimented. I think we all were shown a clear image of what type of human Jim0 is-- when he received the standing ovation at the awards ceremony. I will not soon forget that day.

I vote for Jim0 as the Most Valuable Player in the Krewe of Team Karma. We are fortunate to have such an leader in the flying disc industry and lucky to know such a kind soul.

I have participated in other pro/am world tours in other sports and can speak from experience. We are unbelievably fortunate to have such a fair minded, giving captian of industry at the helm.

The sport and SN tour can only reach new heights-- with folks like the Sky South krewe at the controls.

Thanks to all that helped to make the Labor Day SN event a complete and resounding success. You folks are what make the events so special.

Grade A, Top Shelf, Muy Bueno...

newcomer
September 11, 2000 09:07PM
Any results posted yet? Wish I could have been there, but work got in the way.
jim
September 25, 2000 01:12PM
the results will be posted about weds,we took a little break ,we are now ready for the 2001,thanks to all of you who playes in the snc and all the snq,see you soon,jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DJ
Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013