Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Points for SN?

Posted by The Zinger 
The Zinger
Points for SN?
May 08, 2002 09:04PM
Even after this past update, quite a few tourneyments still have yet been added to the points. I see that most of the Mobile tourneyments get added, but the LA, MS tourneyments don't. Are these tourneyments(LA Doubles, LA Open, Rivendale Farms, April Fools, Ice Bowl, etc.) points going to be added by the SN championship?
Re: Points for SN?
May 13, 2002 12:37PM
Yo Zinger, sometimes Jim doesn't get the tourney results until way after the tournament is over. This has been an issue for the past couple of years, on how to make sure that Jim gets the scores to post them. Also, it's alot more work than it seems like it should be, so just give him a break and it will be done. Later, Willy BT
May 20, 2002 05:38PM
thanks for updating the points, whomever is in charge of that...

;^)>
May 21, 2002 08:05PM
Still some tournaments missing. I have played in Florence, Wall Doxey and Bud Hill which is 3 tournaments. Only have me listed for 2. Also, even if it was only 2, the points arent close to being correct.

I would love to see someone list what tournaments have been counted and what haven't.

Brad
May 27, 2002 10:42AM
now that june is upon us & the points season ends, could the SN folks please list what events remain to be added to the points system?

thanks...
The Zinger
May 29, 2002 09:16PM
Since there are prizes given for the top places in points of each division, then it only fair to include all tourneyments. If one doesn't have time to include all tourneyments, then maybe prizes shouldn't be given. It's only fair that way.
Ice Bowl--2002--I played Pro to qualify for Nationals at Bud Hill..please check points or inform me if we "advanced" were misled when we were told Ice Bowl was a SN qualifier. Thanx...Griff
vl
May 30, 2002 06:49PM
(this is not an "official answer". i'm just a SN golfer)

the ice bowl is one of the most attended SN events and it is a SN qualifier.

whether or not it has been added to the points tally is another question. i have no idea.

see ya at bud hill!
dg'er
events added / yet to be added
June 05, 2002 04:10PM
thanks for "reconnecting" the page that shows which events are in the points system and which are pending...

[sndg.org]
jim
June 06, 2002 10:54AM
we are still waiting on sum ,the rest will be posted soon ,check with your td and see if they turned them in ,jim
June 16, 2002 08:46AM
Hey Jim, I haven't seen Mardi Gras Madness anywhere on the tourney board. Is it a SN qualifier?
vl
June 16, 2002 09:50AM
jonas,

i'm not jimo. but i know the answer...

mike kernan the MGM TD said that he couldn't afford to have the event be both a SNQ & PDGA B Tier.

the last MGM event was not a SNQ from what i was told.
June 17, 2002 01:48PM
IF THERE ARE ANY COMPUTER GEEKS OUT THERE THAT CAN DESIGN OR SET UP A WAY TO TRACK THE TOURNAMENTS ANY BETTER, IE. EACH INDIVIDUAL TOURNEY'S RESULTS POSTED, AND A BETTER UPDATING SYSTEM FOR THE TOTAL POINTS. pERHAPS A PLACE FOR TD'S TO ENTER THE TOURNEY RESULTS SO IT DOESN'T HAVE TO GET SENT TO JIM FIRST, THEN THE POINTS CAN BE TAKEN FROM THERE TO THE POINTS TOTAL PAGE. LET ME OR JIM KNOW.
LATER,
THE ONE ACRE 1-DER
WILL T
roflmao
June 17, 2002 06:00PM
will. there is a key on your keyboard that is called caps lock. push it once. :^p
vl
July 17, 2002 07:22PM
thanks for updating the points...
SPENCER
July 18, 2002 12:05PM
When will the new s.n. points for the new year be posted.
blueboy
July 31, 2002 01:35PM
Can I have more points than I already have? I really meant to go to more events, and I think that I would have done very well in them. How 'bout spotting me a hundred or so? Please?
August 05, 2002 04:28PM
why do they say on one hand they have received points for the cajun classic and on the other they say that points havent been awarded. I would just like to find out we could make it easier to get our points to whoever after a tourney. It doesnt look like it would be that hard but its always a hassle every year
vl
August 19, 2002 10:07AM
I am just curious... were points "plaques" (discs with names and # of points) awarded at Am Finals in Mobile?

It would seem that the points "tally" is incomplete?
The Zinger
August 19, 2002 12:59PM
I didn't see any prizes given for points and I hope there wasn't. But not all prizes were given at award ceremony(doubles prizes were given on side).

Jim mentioned that someone new would be starting to update the points.
August 20, 2002 01:24PM
For the new 2002-2003 season I will be doing the points. I have right now three tournaments to enter. I am waiting for some information from Mike Brown, who did the points last year, and I need to talk to Brian Moon, he puts the information on the web site, to see if there is a better way to get him the information. One suggestion to speed up the process getting the information to me is if the TD's can post the tournament results in the forum section like I did the Am Southern National, i.e. division, place finished, score for each round and total) I believe everyone either has the capability to post the results or knows someone who can, plus everyone gets to see the results of each tournament. I would like to update the points weekly, we have the technology, I will do the best I can....
Later
John K
vl
August 20, 2002 01:38PM
john,

thank you for your efforts...

i'll help to get Baton Rouge events information posted here in the SN Forum... i'm sure terryz and willt can help as well...

(there are 11 BR SN events per year)

____

which events do you need info for to complete the 2001 - 2002 points standings?
jim
August 20, 2002 01:45PM
the mardi gras was not a quilifier, jim
mistergbogey
August 20, 2002 07:25PM
I'll make sure to post the results of our upcoming September tourney on the forum as well as put a link to it on the acadianaparkdiscgolf.com website.

I'll also send the link to Bryan Moon, the sndg webmaster; he has always been very quick to post things for us in the past.
The Zinger
August 21, 2002 12:02AM
man this sounds like it is going to be a great year. boy do i love being part of the southern nationals
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013