Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Capital City Open II

Posted by griff 
Capital City Open II
February 27, 2003 02:14PM
This is Griff(TN)...

I'm thinkin' 'bout packing the wife and daughter up and coming down for the event Saturday...

I've never played in LA and I am wondering (1) does this park have playground facilities etc. for 'lil ones while we playand (2) how do I get to the park coming in I-12 from I-55...

under consideration,....Griff
Re: Capital City Open II
February 27, 2003 02:23PM
there are two small playgrounds in highland road park, with slides and a couple things to climb on, and a bunch of tennis courts, softball fields. i don't know the best way to get there from I-12, but you could take I-12 to I-10 south towards new orleans, then exit 163(siegen) south(right) to Highland rd., left on Highland rd, then about a mile to Amiss rd, take a left. that puts you in the park pretty much. i'm sure one of the B.R. peoples will give you better directions though.
February 27, 2003 03:20PM
Griff I-12 runs you into I-10 just on the eastern side of Baton Rouge, so you could probably just follow the directions from I-10.

Jeff
February 27, 2003 03:45PM
thanks fellow dg'ers.....any good hotels near the park to hit when we arrive late night/early a.m. ?? Exit # off I-10 would be great, just get me close enough not to get lost Sat. morning(when the brain is more tired than usual)...thanks again...Griff
John Kittrell
February 27, 2003 04:04PM
Griff
The closest hotels are right after you get off I-10 (the park is to the south the hotels are to the north) There's a least a holiday inn and a motel 6 plus a bunch of fast food places.
John K
R. A.
February 27, 2003 04:16PM
Griff,

If your on I-12, you can exit Airline Highway South, go a couple miles until you come to Siegen Lane (Allstar Chev/Audubon Ford/Jack In the Box on each corner) take a right (go in front of Jack in the Box), stay on Siegen, you will go under I-10, stay on Siegen (Siegen will turn in to a two lane road) until you get to Highland Road, take a left, you will see a baseball field on the right, and then you will see Amiss Drive on the left, you will go up a steep hill, then you will see more baseball fields, and you will see #16 basket, go to the end of that road and take a right, the entrance to the park is on the right as well. There are play grounds, etc. for the kids. As far as hotels, there are plenty right there on Siegen, including a Courtyard, Holiday Inn, Motel 6, Microtel (our host motel for the SN from what Will says), and there are plenty of places to eat as well. Hope that helps, and hope to see you and your family there. You really should play Highland at least once, it's an awesome course and park.

Take care,
Robin
February 27, 2003 04:21PM
Ya'll are the best...many thanx!! Gonna do my best to come down....got to get through the last day of the month and hit the road early!! Hope to see and meet everyone!!! Griff
The Zinger
February 27, 2003 04:28PM
Griff

From I-12 going West, take 1-10 East. Not exactly sure what exit number, but you will be getting off the 3rd exit (Siegen Lane). They have a few hotels on this side of the Interstate, and a few on the other side. Microtel Inn and Suites (the host hotel for the Pro Championship) is on the north side. All the hotels on the north side are behind the Waffle House.

Getting to the park from the interstate. The easiest way to get to the park is by going south on Siegen Lane. After you pass the overpass on Siegen go until you get to the 2nd red light. This is Highland Rd, take a left. About a half a mile you will see Amiss Rd (this is directly across from BREC's baseball fields), take left here. Take right at stop sign. Entrance to park is on right. Sign up will be located at the pavillion located between the gym and the tennis courts. The playground is also right there.

Hope this helps, and if you get lost or have any questions call me @ 225-892-7974
The Zinger
February 27, 2003 04:29PM
darn, everyone is posting at once. lol...hope you feel welcome :)
February 27, 2003 05:25PM
Griff, I hope you make it down here. I would really enjoy playing with you again.

Matthew
February 27, 2003 10:43PM
Watch out for drunk-a** college ultimate players at all area hotels.
February 28, 2003 11:33AM
Thanx everyone...I am planning to come barring unforeseen circumstances, I should see you all in the a.m. Lookin' forward to it.

Matt O., obviously beating me won't be a problem for ya, just try not to humiliate me too bad...it's not good for my ultra-sensitive disc golf ego! And besides, it'll be in front of my family too...OUCHEE!! See ya tomorrow!! Griff
February 28, 2003 03:46PM
Come on down!
Our first show of the Year!

Your TD,

Willy BT
SN#24
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013