Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

was there a TREE IN THE FAIRWAY?

tree in the fairway
Re: was there a TREE IN THE FAIRWAY?
March 06, 2003 05:19PM
"I figured if you had such a prob with me then you would have at least said something to me instead of writing it on here. I have done nothing wrong to you, so what's your prob?"

Get over yourself, the sooner the better!

I played like crap becasue I wasn't prepared, simple as that. I haven't played a long course or a tournament in over a year. There are a few reasons why I played poorly including the quality of a few holes. You are kidding yourself if you think that course has anything on one of our courses here in Mobile.
The Zinger
March 06, 2003 06:13PM
(: DFL :)
Highland was (and may still be) on KEN CLIMO's top ten list for years, It really sucks when the best golfer in the world says something like that!

Why all the hostility? I'm an easy going dude, and ya'll are gettin' me rilled up! Where are the boxing gloves when you need them?

Highland is a much better course than most of ya'll's courses in Mobile, I lived there for 2 years, and Citronell is one of my favorites, then there was Softball city, it was touted as "possibly the best course in the South" " to Terry Rester, masterful", and it was not pitch and putt.

The USDGC's OB's are the Major factor of the tourny (36 OB shots in 4 rounds!), and it would be tough with out them, but with the OB's, the longer arm's have to beable to control that power to stick a shot 350 feet into a 30 foot fairway, but with out the trees to mess up a great shot.

So ask a pro, and they will tell you every time, they hate pitch and putt golf. Personally I love it, but I like the challenge as well.

End Transmition,
Willy BT
The Zinger
March 06, 2003 09:45PM
"we have a great one here "Muni" but even there it's long yet still easier to shoot significantly under par. "

So you are saying that you would rather a course that is easy to shoot under par? I thought the whole concept of sports is to have a challenge. I don't think shooting under par should be easy at all. That is why par is par. This is what you should shoot on an average day. Shooting better than par is a good day. But courses shouldn't easy to shoot significantly under par. I might be wrong here, but this is what I think.

ps. Sorry about the comments above. You didn't nothing for me to make the comments, and I am sorry.

ps2. I DID shoot a 6 under, wish I could do it again soon.

Terry Zeringue
aka The Zinger
Awww, let's all ace and make up!
Goby - sorry, I speed read your post and thought it said the Renaissance sight had no pictures. That's what I get for not paying attention. It wasn't a tournament, Shane and I took a road trip last year, played SMUT (ultimate tourney in Knoxville) and played Lookout Mountain, Georgia (Tree would love it - pitch and putt all the way) Asheville NC (think Cottage Hill, but longer and with elevation) Renaissance, and Kilborne (the Bogue with wider fairways). Oh, and we played Winthrop and a local showed us the USDGC layout. It was sick, hot, and miserable. And I thought my arm would fall off. I hope I never get good enough to be tempted to play there again.
And Tree - wasn't prepared is a legit excuse, but don't turn around then and blame your DFL on the "quality of some holes." 15 over in the second - I don't believe I have ever seen any holes that were THAT low quality.
>15 over in the second - I don't believe I have ever seen any holes that were
>THAT low quality.

I literally almost sprayed my morning coffee all over my desk. =8)
"You are kidding yourself if you think that course has anything on one of our courses here in Mobile." - Get off the crack! Mobile is indeed discgolf heaven for the area. Between all the courses in the area, you can find almost anyshot you want. Don't get me wrong I would love to have that luxury. But to say that Highland can't compare? PPPLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSEEEEE! Get your head out of the sand. Highland was listed as one of the top 30 courses in the world at one point. It has undergone some vegetation reduction however and maybe a little EASIER now, but it is still as good as anything around. To be honest I always thought that Softball city was the best course in Mobile, but now that it is gone, I would think CItronelle is the best.
tree in the fairway
March 07, 2003 08:45AM
"Highland is a much better course than most of ya'll's courses in Mobile, I lived there for 2 years, and Citronell is one of my favorites, then there was Softball city"

Will, see that's the difference, I felt the EXACT opposite about those courses. My best is only 1 down out at Citronelle, but it's very easy to shoot much lower. I won the tourney with it though.

I thought SC was redundant with a few holes, which can get boring, but like the guy above stated, we're so fortunate to have the plethera O' courses and unique shots that it makes it hard not to be so overly critical.

I thought there were some cool shots at Highland, the one downhill underneath the leaning oak was really cool. The one on top of the hill next to the old oak was cool also.
Well, let's have some FUN this weekend and enjoy the plethera of courses we get to play.
Tree - 13th out of 17 IN MOBILE. Those courses must really be going to pot over there...
The Zinger
March 09, 2003 09:16PM
Tree - a 3 over was the best round for you. What happened, did somebody move the tees back more?

ps. Since you can't throw far I wouldn't suggest going out to the Windy Hills Open. Those pro tees are SWEET. They are longer than Highland's Pro tees with ALOT more OB. It is worth checking out though.

But seriously, hope you had fun. Cause ain't that what disc golf is for?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013