Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
jim
COSSAR CANCELED
May 22, 2002 08:33AM
sorry but 16 holes are under water ,we were hoping the water would go down but it did not ,please let everyone know that it has been canceled ,jim
Re: COSSAR CANCELED
May 22, 2002 12:04PM
any chance on moving it to another location?
May 22, 2002 04:27PM
If someone was planning on running the tournament I'm sure we'd be happy to atleast look into hosting it at Lake Lowndes in Columbus, MS. Lake Lowndes State Park is only a 2 hour drive or so from GP Cossar SP.

Our course is not quite as long as GP Cossar yet, but we are hoping for some remodeling in the near future that will push our course to a comparable length.
May 23, 2002 02:39PM
I'm sad to hear that the state doubles tournament has been cancelled. Is there any chance of it being rescheduled? If so, where? Anywhere would be fine with me, I just want to play golf!! Hopefully the tourney can be rescheduled.
June 03, 2002 04:46PM
I too, was sorry to hear that the state doubles tourney had been cancelled. There was such a great turnout last year at Cossar, it would be a shame to not relocate it. I was thinking since the course at Pascagoula is going to be torn out in the near future that maybe we could have it there. It's definately comparable with Cossar as far as length goes, and in mine and many others opinion it is a really nice course. It would be a true shame if the tourney we had there last year (which was a good turnout for the first ever) was to be the only one ever! And if relocating the doubles there is out of the question, then maybe we should think of having just a singles tournament there at the beginning of July before its too late and the course gets torn out. Please respond and let me know if anyone else thinks this is a good idea.
June 03, 2002 04:49PM
What about having the state doubles at I.G. Levy (Pascagoula). The course will be torn down soon to make a drainage lake. This could be the last tournament there ever. What does everyone think?
June 27, 2002 11:21PM
I saw Tony and Steve at the Pascagoula course on June 23. They told me about their suggestion of Pascagoula (I. G. Levy) as an option for the State Doubles since Cossar is floooded.

I called the City Managers office on the the 24th and received a return call today from the City Attorney. He said their is virtually no chance of the baskets being removed or the course otherwise altered before July 21. FEMA money has not yet been provided for the project and it won't start without it. It actually looks like our course will last a few more months!

The City attorney promised to let me know of any change as soon as he finds out. Any other interest in I. G. Levy as a state doubles location?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013