Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Burns Park 1 Down, 1 To Go

Posted by Bill Trousdale 
One 18 hole course is in. The new 7 holes have SB2 tees. So far the addition is getting rave reviews. Next order of business is dressing and signage. I'll be organizing the crews to start on the front of the course where there will be 20 holes. I've mentioned before only 4 holes will be from the existing course. The other 16 will be new. Changing from the existing 21 hole course to the new courses totalling 38 holes only 14 holes will be existing holes. That's 24 new holes at Burns Park! Those of you who played the Arkansas State Championships last spring have an idea of what having two courses together was like. This year it's going to be totally different from what you played last year. In the words of AC/DC "Thunderstruck!"

See ya'll May 17-18

Bill Trousdale
Re: Burns Park 1 Down, 1 To Go
March 04, 2003 11:38AM
SWEEET!!! Griff
Well, some of us Louisiana boys dont know what changes you have made, but we are planning to come and conquer your new layout.
Great to see the sport continue to grow thanks to people like you!

Peace,
Will T
The start of the two courses is a bit awkward. Looking at the start area it was a bit confusing. The more I looked at it the more I started thinking outside the envelope. A design that I think will get player support eliminates existing holes 2 and 8. Sad...I enjoyed 8. I played Wall Doxey several weeks ago and had a great time. They had a tee pad that played two different holes. A lot of you are familiar with this. It was a nice social meeting place in the round. I did not hear a single disparaging word about having one tee area for two holes. With that coming to mind, hole one for the front course and hole one for the back course would be off the same tee area in two directions just like Wall Doxey. From Tee #1 you make the choice which course you are going to play. On top of that, which ever hole/course you decide to play that first hole is going to be BAM!!! You better be ready to play some disc golf. The one thing that this design changes is instead of 20 holes on the front and 18 on the back there will be 19 on the front and 19 on the back but there will still be 38 holes.

Bill Trousdale
Re: Burns Park 1 Down, 1 To Go
March 08, 2003 09:34PM
why not just make 2 18 s
Ok!! We'll drop one hole off each course. Not! How many times have I been to a tournament where there is the standard 18 and then an A, B, C hole is added. Consider the extra hole a bonus. One more chance to make up for that birdie you missed or that bogie you got trying to force one out over the street. When I go to a tournament I like to play as much golf as I can squeeze into a weekend. These new courses are so much fun you'll wish there were 58 holes instead of 38. Oh!! Wait a minute! We're putting alternate pin locations in so there will be 76 holes, not 38. Is that too much disc golf? I think not...

Gotta Love Disc Golf
Bill Trousdale
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

kch
Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013