Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

"When and where are the finals held"

Posted by John Kittrell 
Jim
I noticed on the home page when you clink on the "when and where are the finals held" the information is out of date. Just from what I know - the am and pro fields have been split up. I know the Southern National Finals from the pro field will be in Memphis over Labor Day weekend, August31, September 1. (Seriously looking forward to returning to Bud Hill, definitely one of my favorite disk golf spots, and not just because of the great course - the people are great they'd give you the last disc out of there bag if you asked them) The Am field I'm a little shaky on. I know it will be held in Mobile, the date I believe is the week prior to Labor Day, August 24, 25. Three months will go, the information needs to get on the upcoming tournaments page so people can make plans. I think changing the location of the Southern National finals and splitting up the AM and PRO poolsis a great idea. To help - vollunteer to help during either tournament if you're not playing. I've already said I'm available during the AM tournament. Jim is only one person. If the info I've given is wrong please respond. Look forward to the finals and the new Southern Nationals season beginning this month. - Later
John: Memphis can't wait we are really excited for this.We have leased the group camp at Meeman. It can house 144 guest 4 different lodges with showers and rest room not AC but the meeting hall is. We will be putting this on the forums in the coming weeks . First thing,going to Hattisburg. Danny
Danny,
I too am looking forward to getting another crack at Bud Hill. I've only had the privaledge of playing the courses there once, but I'll be ready.

John,
Boy tou are a good guy. Volenteering in your own home town, for the greatest Ams on the planet. I'm glad that there are people there that truely understand that Jim will need LOTS of help on this one. Hopefully his no good son Jeffery will step up to the plate as well and really show us that he is not worthless! And good luck to Matt O., I'll be looking for you in the pro ranks after you take this title home!

Peace,
Willy BT
I was talking to Jim this weekend. The Amateur Southern National Tournamnt will be two weeks prior to labor day. 17th and 18th of August
The courses to be played are probably going to be Chickasbouge park and Chickasaw.
Later,
John K
The Zinger
Re: "When and where are the finals held"
July 01, 2002 04:11PM
Ok, I want to make sure. In Ams last year we played four courses. I know it was because we had all divisions so the had to put us somewhere, but four courses is awfully fun. This year we are only playing two? I do understand why, but I just want to make sure. And I wouldn't mind knowing for sure which courses.
Are you sure that the AM pool will only be playing on those two courses? I kinda' enjoy playing Cottage Hill and Municipal. Cottage Hill especially has a way of reaking havoc on the leaderboard. Please tell me that wqe will be playing all four of the courses.
we are going to try a 2 course this year ,we thought it might be more fair to the out of towners to play the course twice , please voice your views that is how we learn. in the past players have ask to play only 2 courses ,hope to see all of you here jim
I myself am kind of disappointed with playing only two courses. I really enjoyed the set up last year at SNC with everyone getting to play all four courses. To me it makes finishing near the top that much harder because the courses all demand a different aspect of your game. You can't just be good at wooded courses or long, open courses, you have got to bring your all around game. Plus everyone knows that Chickasbouge is the local favorite down in Mobile which will give the locals a slight edge, but that's o.k., I'll be ready regardless to bring the championship with me back to Hattiesburg. C-yall there!
i hate the bouge i like the saw course(chickasaw).
the bouge is for all the discgolfers that play the bouge everyday.
The Zinger
July 15, 2002 02:17PM
Last year I was just happy to be there(first time playing any of the courses). This year I mean business(gonna be the second time). See yall there.

Hey Tony and Steve, yall have plans to stay anywhere yet?
glad to hear your veiws ,please keep it up , many times i wonder what players are thinking ,last year we had a great number of out of towners say they would rather play just 2 courses ,they said it would help them . learning 4 courses is tough for most players ,jim
The Zinger
July 16, 2002 08:56PM
Hey jim, is there gonna be a putting and driving contest?? Also, is there gonna be any food on Saturday night? There were both of these last year, but since the pro's are not gonna be there I didn't know.
The Zinger
July 16, 2002 08:57PM
Also, could someone name some hotels that are around both parks? thanks
I JUST WANTED TO SAY IM LOOKING FOWARD TO PLAYING IN MOBILE AGAIN THIS YEAR IT WILL BE MY 3RD TIME 2ND TIME IN ADVANCED WAS NOT HAPPY WITH MYSELF LAST YEAR SO LOOKING FOWARD TO GOING OUT AND HAVING A GOOD DISK WEEKEND .WILL SEE EVERYONE THE 16TH AND WILL SOMEONE SAVE ME A N ACE NEED ONE.

SIGNED
SOUTHAVEN MS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DJ
Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013