Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

? FOR THE SN BOARD

Posted by CRAWDADDY 
? FOR THE SN BOARD
July 08, 2004 11:07AM
IF SOME GUYS FROM TEX CAME WITH DONALD E. AND WAS TO GIVE LIKE $100.00 TOWARD
SPONSORSHIP I KNOW THE RULES THAT SAYS THEY CANNT PLAY IF THEY HAVE NOT PLAY IN A SN TOURNAMENT.BUT WILL THEY BE TURNED AWAY IF THEY CAME ALL THAT WAY.DONALD IS TRING TO MAKE THE TRIP AND NOT SPEND ALOT OF $$$$$ AS ALOT OF YOU KNOW IT WILL COST A GOOD BET TO COME FROM TEX.THE MORE HE BRINGS THE CHEAPER IT WILL BE ON ALL THEM.HE HAS CALLED ME AND ASK FOR MY HELP AND I TOLD HIM I WOULD ASK THE BOARD SO THINK ABOUT IT AND GIVE ME AN ANSWER.THANKS NO MATTER WHAT THE ANSWER IS
BUT HOPE YOU SAY ITS OK TO HELP THE GUYS OUT ON THE COST TO GET HERE...........
SN GOLFERS IF YOU DONT CARE IF THEY DO THIS LET THE BOARD KNOW IF YOU DONT WANT THIS LET THEM KNOW..I HOPE THIS DONT START A BUNCH OF CRAP IM JUST TRING TO HELP OUT SOME FRIENDS THAT WANT TO PLAY GOLF AND HAVE SOME FUN AT THE HILL.....
CRAWDADDY I THINK THE OTHER GUYS HE WILL BRING WILL BE AM OR ADV. PLAYERS
Tony Bass
Re: ? FOR THE SN BOARD
July 08, 2004 11:16AM
Crawdaddy,

There should not be any exceptions to the RULES! No matter where they are driving from they should have to be qualified. One event is not a lot to ask! If the rule changes for these guys, then somewhere along the line more people are going to try to get in without qualifying. Then what are you going to tell them?? "Oh that only applied to those guys from Texas b/c one of them used to live in Memphis and was already qualified" No that wouldn't work!! But once again I am not a board member...
July 08, 2004 11:34AM
The Board made a bad ruling on this Tournament but I have already mentioned that. To give no notice that this was an Exclusive Tournament until the last minute is not right and shouldn't have been done.

Its been clear for years...well kind of clear...that the SN Pro and AM Championships were exclusive.

The SN Doubles should not be exclusive, at least not this first one since there were no clear rules until a last minute ruling which should never have been made.

Brad
admiral hackpar
July 08, 2004 11:48AM
got to agree with brad on this one. whatever happened to the board's phrase "it's all about fun"?

which is it, SN board? is it all about the fun or is it all about turning people away over a hastily made decision?
July 08, 2004 11:52AM
I've sent an email to the rest of the sn board members asking their opinion in regards to this year. The gentleman from TX called me as well.

I can see both arguments. The first discussions the board had concerning the doubles did address qualifying, and it was decided at that time that only one person on the team had to have played in a sn tournament the previous season.

That probably wasn't advertised as much as it should have been because it was the first tournament and at THAT point no SN money was to be added, and people would know about it for next year...

However now that there is SN money added to the purse it would be unfair to make exceptions to the rules and as much as I like to let everybody play that compromises the sn championships if people are allowed to "sponsor" their way in.

This is not the official board response just mine as a member of the board. I'll post tomorrow what the gereral consensus is tomorrow based on the email responses.

John k
DC
July 08, 2004 12:43PM
I propose a SN sanctioned event be held on Friday, July 23rd at Bud Hill. Doubles format of some kind, entry fee $7 with $2 going to the SN doubles tournament, 100% payout of the rest of the money (cash to pros, prizes to ams). Last chance to "qualify" for the SN Doubles Championship. Maybe make it glowby for the late arriving masses.

DC
CRAWDADDY1020
July 08, 2004 12:56PM
CLAM DOWN EVERYBODY DIDNT MEAN FOR THIS TO RAISE A FUSS AND I KNOW DONALD DONT WANT TO CAUSE ANY CRAP.HE WAS JUST WANTING TO COME PLAY THE DOUBLES AND BRING SOME FRIENDS TO MAKE THE TRIP NOT SO COSTLY.I UNDERSTAND THE RULES AND DONT WANT TO CAUSE A BUNCH OF B.S. IN THE SNDC.BUT THIS BEING THE FIRST SNDC AND WITH TEXAS GETTING IN THE SN FAMILY HAVING SOME TOURNAMENTS THERE THAT ARE SN EVENTS
DONT YOU WANT THEM TO COME TO THE SN EVENTS THERE AND SOME OF THE OTHERS THAT THEY CAN MAKE.ITS ALL FOR FUN AND ITS NOT LIKE THE GUYS ARE COMING AND GOING TO TAKE ALL THE $$$$$ AND PRIZES BACK TO TEXAS WITH THEM.PLUS A LITTLE ADDED MONEY WOULD BE NICE IF YOU WERE TO GET SOME OF IT.CALM DOWN AND LETS SEE WHAT THE BOARD COMES UP WITH............CRAWDADDY
bobsatter
July 08, 2004 12:59PM
Theres an excellent thought. a one day quailifier the day before the sn championships with the best tens rounds getting in! Entry fee of $26 for ams and $36 for pros all money going to there division. They do this for alot of pga events. It sis the equvalent of the player playing in 13 or 18 events a @ 2.00 fees being charged. The players would still have to pay there entry fee into the big event. More money = better payouts and more people to expose to the events! Its a no brainer.What does everyone think. Bob
admiral hackpar
July 08, 2004 02:27PM
crawdaddy posted:

"SN GOLFERS IF YOU DONT CARE IF THEY DO THIS LET THE BOARD KNOW IF YOU DONT WANT THIS LET THEM KNOW."

then he posted:

"CLAM DOWN EVERYBODY DIDNT MEAN FOR THIS TO RAISE A FUSS"

WELL CRAWDADDY YOU SOUND LIKE JOHN KERRY TRYING TO BE ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ISSUE! DO THEY CALL YOU CRAWDADDY BECAUSE YOU CRAWFISH SO WELL? YOU SHOULD CONSIDER POLITICKS. YOU KNOW, LIKE WHEN THEY HAVE ELECTIONS AND STUFF.
July 08, 2004 03:09PM
Hey....I for one will talk with my partner, Hawk....

IF the Board decides not to let the Texans play, then I move(hopefully Hawk will back me here)....that Hawk and I will team up with each of the Adv./Am guyz that want to come from TX...

Hopefully this will cure the issue....assuming, of course the Texans are cool with it.

Just offering an alternative......and that way both guys play and are qualified.

Peace and Aces to all!! CounselorGriff

Griff
July 08, 2004 03:53PM
OK IF I DID NOT GET A INVITE TO THE US OPEN AND I SHOW UP A FEW DAYS BEFORE IT STARTS THEY HAVE A ROUND THAT PLAYERS CAN PLAY AND THE TOP 10 I THINK IN THE US OPEN.IM SAYING THIS JUST SO YOU KNOW THAT THEY WANT PLAYERS TO FILL UP AT THE INVITE ONLY US OPEN..........SO I WANT TO BEND THE RULES JUST A LITTLE FOR THE FIRST SNDC TO HELP OUT A FRIEND AND A FEW GUYS THAT JUST WANT TO COME PLAY IN OUR
SNDC.....IF THE VOTE IS TO NOT LET THEM THEN SO BE IT BUT IT WOULD BE A SHAME THAT THEY COULD NOT COME PLAY.ALSO THE TEXAS GUYS DID NOT SAY THAT THEY WERE TRYING TO BUY THERE WAY IN WITH THE $100.00 I WAS SAYING THAT TO SEE IF IT WOULD HELP THEM GET IN AND I BET THE GUYS WOULD PAY IT JUST TO COME HAVE A GOOD TIME AND PLAY IN OUR SNDC SO ILL JUST WAIT TILL TOMMORROW TO SEE WHAT THE BOARD SAYS....AND LIKE I SAID IM NOT AND THERE NOT WANTING TO MAKE ANYONE MAD THEY JUST WANT TO PLAY.............CRAWDADDY
July 08, 2004 04:00PM
Sponsorship exemption.....another potential problem-solver

set a price for exemption.....adapt, and PLAY GOLF!!

Griff
July 08, 2004 04:20PM
2 cents let them play its not like they are going to win or anything wait maybe all the people who dont want them to play think this is going to push them back 1 spot in the final .I feel like this being that the rules just started you pay you play but next year you will be S O L .I was looking foward to winning this thing with griff as my partner but if we have to we will split up and each take a texan .

LET THEM PLAY

HAWK
July 08, 2004 04:25PM
Thanks, Hawk....

There ya go Texans....Bring it on...regardless of goings-on, you guyz WILL be playin!!

I still think the Board has plenty of room to maneuver here....don't wanna break up "Chings with Wings"aka Griff and Hawk....(remember, we wanna pick the eyes outta those Hobbits!!)...

BUT will certainly do so as a player courtesy to our TX buddies.....

Any friend of Craw's is a friend of mine...so let's ALL play!

Griff
July 08, 2004 04:31PM
ADMIRAL HACKPAR,YOU DO KNOW IM A VERY GOOD FRIEND OF THE GENERAL DAN DAN AND CAN HAVE YOU DEMOTED OR EVEN SHOOT WITH THE HYZER LASER I THINK THEY GOT IT WORKING CAUSE THERE ARE SOME TREES MISSING AT SHELBY FOREST.NOW THATS FUNNY I DONT CARE WHO U R THATS FUNNY THERE......GETTING ER DONE CRAWDADDY
July 08, 2004 05:09PM
BAM!!!!! :)

hehehe that IS funny, down-right hilarious!
crawdaddy you are so cool! I needed a laugh...I had a tough day at work!
...thanks

nancy h
:)
July 08, 2004 08:42PM
We would first like to start off by saying thank you guys for being so cool about this situation. Honestly, we aren't trying to cause a bunch of noise, we just want to play some golf and have a good time. Donald always talks about how sweet the courses are and how much fun he has every time he goes back. Griff and Hawk, you guys rock we cant get over the fact that someone in another state who we dont even know would do such a cool thing for two Texans. We are coming regardless so if it turns out we cant play together we'll take anyone who has qualified playing in the adv/am field or play in a Friday qualifier.Let us know what we have to do. Appreciate all the help.

Two Texans

July 09, 2004 08:32AM
Anytime, anywhere....that what the SN series is all about.....PLAYIN' GOLF!!

As EVERYONE's momma has said.....every good turn deserves another....

and I for one know it, I travel often....often solo...and everywhere I've gone there are folks like Will T., the Laff. crew, the Jerky Boyz and chain gang, Bill Mc and Mac, etc., et., who are always happy to show folks the course or hook 'em up with more friends to PLAY GOLF!!

And that's the point, ain't it.....if you can't get along with disc golfers ya probably need a good beatin', etiquette (sp?) school.....OR BOTH!

The Texans are in either way it flies!! Griff

Griff
July 09, 2004 08:46AM
HEY THATS MEMPHIS HOSPITALITY! WE JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN AND IT THINGS LIKE THAT
THAT MAKE MEMPHIS A GREAT PLACE TO PLAY GOLF.......COME ON YOU TEXANS IF YOU COME ONCE YOULL BE BACK........CRAWDADDY
July 09, 2004 09:53AM
Has anyone heard what the board has said about this yet .Are we going to have two texans playing together or will we have to split up the winning team to get the texans in the game .

HAWK
July 09, 2004 10:16AM
HAVENT HEARD YET HAWK BUT THEY WILL LET US KNOW TODAY ACCORDING TO JOHN K.
AND MANY THANKS FOR YOU AND GRIFF HELPING OUT MY TEXAS FRIENDS.CRAWDADDY
July 09, 2004 10:25AM
Crawdaddy not a problem i was just needing to no if i had to put hex on griff or not

HAWK
Stacey
July 09, 2004 12:26PM
Way to go Griff!! THAT is true southern hospitality.. whooohoooo G.G. Gentleman Griff. SWWEEEETT ;0)
July 09, 2004 12:37PM
Way to go Hawk!! That is true southern hospitality.. whooohoooo G.G
Gentleman Hawk. AAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEE

HAWK
Stacey
July 09, 2004 12:43PM
Indeed!! Way to go G.H.-Gentleman Hawk AS well! Good luck to you and whoever.
July 09, 2004 03:11PM
I've recieved responses from half the board waiting on the other three before I post the final decision...

TX guys, if you do have to take Hawk or Griff, flip a coin and the loser gets Griff.....Sorry Griff couldn't help myself.

I'll post something as soon as I can...

John k
July 09, 2004 03:19PM
Hey, I RESEMBLE that remark!!

Griff
July 09, 2004 03:29PM
AAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEE

HAWK
CRAWDADDY1020
July 09, 2004 03:54PM
HAWK,GRIFF HAS HEX ON HIM ALLREADY SO PLEASE DONT PUT NO MORE HEXES ON HIM.
BECAUSE IF HE DOES GET PAST THE HEX WE WILL HEAR IT ON ALL THREE COURSES.AND THAT WILL SCARE AWAY ALL THE WILD LIFE (IN THE GOLFERS) AND SOME OF THE ANIMALS
(STILL REFERING TO GOLFERS)THAT ARE THERE......CRAWDADDY
July 09, 2004 10:39PM
How many spots are available for the Doubles? How many have signed up?
Did the "Texans" play in any SN's in Texas?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013