Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

tish tourney

Posted by tishmgr 
tish tourney
March 10, 2003 06:30AM
I appreciate all of you for coming out for the Spring tourney. Thanks again to Mac and Bill M. (fireman) for a great job. We couldn't have asked for better weather. Griff, our timber stand thanks you for staying on the pavement. Looking forward to the October tourney. Make your plans to attend. Jim O. we miss you come see us soon!
Re: tish tourney
March 10, 2003 07:59AM

Thanks for a great time.

Disc golf is a great activity for the whole family. Tammy, Alex and I really enjoy playing and the tournaments give us, especially Alex, the competition to keep it really interesting. We have had a chance to meet a number of different people, and I want to thank those that have played with Alex for being very nice to him, helping him understand how the game is played and being courteous in your actions around a ten year old.

I enjoy the tournament competition myself, but being active in church prevents me from playing on Sundays, but after my day Saturday, any disc golfers out there with kids should enter their kid in a tournament, carry their bag for them and watch them play, SILENTLY.

Thanks to Chris (Campbell?), Ellis, Michael and Paul for helping Alex enjoy the tournament. It was nice meeing you guys and walking the course with you.
March 10, 2003 11:15AM
An excellent outing as always at Tishomingo. Wished I'd played better but taking home the CE Aero from the raffle made it all even the more worthwhile. Can't wait 'til next time....Griff
John Kittrell
March 10, 2003 12:59PM
Anyone know the results, you send them I'll post 'em - the points guy.
Later...
John K
mac
March 10, 2003 08:19PM
My top three favorites from an absolutely great weekend were: #1 is Wayne 'O' Brown making a 3 from #18 tee to #9 basket during the final six. That is an awesome display of golf skills considering that he canned an 80' putt! #2 is ten year old Alex Hampton shooting a score of par (60) for his second round. Way to go Alex, you da man to be. 3# was co-tournament director Bill McCarty hitting the ace on the throw-off for the USDG Roc donated by Sky South and The Southern Nationals. That was the only good shot Bill had all weekend. Let me add #4. Chuck Burdine from Biloxi when he realized that he was going to win the Road Warrior plaque for traveling the longest distance to the tournament. Congrats to Chris McCormick for his ace on #16 in the last round to win some $$. Thanks to everybody that helped to make the fifth annual Tishomingo State Park spring tourney a success and to give me soooo many pleasant memories. Robert 'Mac' McDonald
March 10, 2003 08:53PM
Don't let Robert fool you. . . I had another good shot in teh first round. . . he just wasn't there to see it!

Thanks to all of you for coming, it was great seeing so many friends, and even greater to meet some new ones. Everyone knows we have a good time a Tishomingo. . .if it aint broke. . . DON"T FIX IT!

Results are up. . check it out!

See you all it Tupelo for the April Fool Fling April 12th & 13th.

DG Guy
March 11, 2003 12:15AM
Thanks Billl and Mac for another great event. I have to consider Tish my "home away from home" course since it's so close to Florence. We'll have to hold some Sunday doubles up there this summer (if we can work it in) since there's not another event until October.

Thanks to Bill Brekeen and the Mississippi Parks System for that great campsite we stayed at. I love golf in Mississippi for that reason, great camping at a reasonable price. We'll be hauling the pop-up to Tupelo and hopefully Wall Doxey in April. Thanks for the food and hospitality.

Congrats to Chip Gaisser for winning advanced master. Glad to see him back in form again. At least I got a few points out of it. ;>)

RwC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013