Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

team play

Posted by mike s. 
team play
March 11, 2003 07:14AM
Tallahassee has contacted us here at blue angel and challenged us to some team fun. We are very happy to do this because we have been trying to promote team play for two years. What I need is some thoughts on how to do this. We have plans now to play either 2 or 3 rounds with 8 to 10 players on each team take the total score and thats your winner but that just sounds to simple so any ideas from you guys out there would be great. We will also have a cook-out for them while they are here so we can fill them up before we kick there oop's thats not nice. Seriously I think this could be loads of fun and also could catch on for all clubs. WOW! what a team mobile could have and would probably dominate for a couple of days.
vl
Re: team play
March 11, 2003 07:24AM
the texicans hold a huge team event every year...

cities/courses send teams of Pros, Masters, Adv, etc, etc... they have a "format" that allows for some variation in team divisional makeup...

the event format is "match play"

great idea, imo... to have cities (or courses within cities) with "teams" that have an ongoing series of competitions...
March 11, 2003 02:06PM
thanks for the info vI if you could forward any kind of info on there format I would really app. it
mike
March 12, 2003 09:36AM
I played team tennis for several years. It was set up with five tennis matches requiring 8 players on a team. Two played singles while the other six were paired up in doubles competition. there was a lot of strategy involved to get the right partners together for doubles, and have good strong singles players. The team that wins the most matches wins the overall match.

Something like that might be interesting for a twist on straight match play.
vl
March 12, 2003 10:17AM
this is some info about the texican method of team play...

Teams are classified as Established (basically cities or courses that have pro players) and Emerging (newer and/or smaller cities without pros). Team make up will be the same as last year:

Established (9 players): 2 Open Pro, 2 Advanced, 2 Intermediate, 1 Pro Master, 1 Amateur Woman, and 1 "Swing" player (Pro Woman or Pro Grand Master or Advanced Master)

Emerging (6 players): 3 Advanced and 3 Intermediate

Any player can play "up" a division, so an advanced player can fill a pro slot, etc.

Team members should be people who live in your city.
March 12, 2003 01:28PM
Sandy Point Resort in Wisconsin holds an annual Team event. They could give you some more info about how to arrange the event. Sounds like a good plan to me. I would love to participate.
frzbman
SN TAG # 14
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013