Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

? on Interference Rule

Posted by PB 
PB
Re: ? on Interference Rule
March 13, 2003 06:31PM
I'm learning so much I never knew on this board. I started playing about six years ago, quit and started again a few months ago. There is so much stuff I don't know and I am glad there is a forum like this to learn things in. How long has everyone here been playing?
The Zinger
March 13, 2003 06:55PM
Hey Pb,,,I have been playing too long to not be able to putt. About 9 years. My first tournament was La States 94. But I just got serious about this sport 3 years ago when Matt O first started to beat me at my home course.
1.75 years.
March 13, 2003 09:02PM
i think my first tournament was La. States 1995, i was about 10 strokes behind second-to-last place in amateur after the first day at greenwood, and i didn't even play at highland the next day i was so ashamed...

but i won my first pro singles tournament at greenwood 7 years later. ain't it inspiring to know me :) ?
tree in the fairway
March 13, 2003 09:37PM
"My first tournament was La States 94"

He was country, when country wasn't cool.........lol
March 13, 2003 11:02PM
My first and only Am win was 1985 Memphis. I won 5 discs. After I won everyone said " congradulations, now your a pro", no advanced division then. Old school Robco SN #3
March 13, 2003 11:07PM
I've been into it close to 20 years. 1982 Sinnissippi Open in Sterling Il.
was my first tourney. Still havent figured this @#$%& game out yet...
frzbman
The Zinger
March 13, 2003 11:17PM
"He was country, when country wasn't cool.........lol"

I promise I'm not a blonde, but as a blonde says, "I don't get it." :)
March 13, 2003 11:28PM
My first tournament was the Tupelo Spring fling on Easter Weekend last year. I have been hooked ever since. By the way, what is your name PB. I play Tombigbee very often.
Fair
tree in the fairway
March 14, 2003 07:11AM
Zinger, it's just an expression to use when someone starts to measure their disc golf penis by the amount of years they've played.

(((((I've been into it close to 20 years))))))))

surely you remember Jainie Frickie (sp?) Her, George Jones, and a few others,,,,it's just and old country song
March 14, 2003 10:10AM
we know you dye your hair brown, zinger...it looks good on you though.
PB
March 14, 2003 11:00AM
Fair, my name is Jason but most people call me PB. I have played with you a time or two with the Mansell twins. Now, I mainly play with Hal and Brandon and those folks. Me and the Mansells are going to Lake Lowndes Saturday, if they havent changed their minds, if you or anybody else wants to shoot a few rounds. I'll post the time we'll be there later today.
March 14, 2003 11:18AM
There is going to be a couple of us out at Lake Lowndes on Sunday if ya'll want to join us then (have a wedding to attend on Saturday.) We'll be showing up at LL about noon I'd imagine and be playing a couple of rounds.

Jeff
PB
March 14, 2003 06:16PM
We'll be playing LL around 11am tommorrow.
Hal
March 14, 2003 06:34PM
Man, lake lownds rocks. I really love that course. I played there today (friday) and I lost a blue XL. If yall find it, please conact the # on it!

Hal
March 14, 2003 08:53PM
Lake Lowndes Sunday at 1:00
March 14, 2003 10:26PM
Hal where did you lose your Blue XL? If it was in the Lake I am known to go swimming for discs and provided the weather cooperates was thinking about taking an extended dip on Sunday.

If you'll let us know what hole it was lost in we might be able to find it for you.

Jeff
March 14, 2003 10:55PM
Psycho!!
Hal
March 15, 2003 12:43AM
Actually Jeff, right after I posted that message I got a call from the park saying that they had found my disc (which is really good, because It's the only thing I use for my short side arm shots). Unfortunatly, I don't know when i'll be going back down there again and I'll need it before the next tourny. Maybe I could send them some money to mail it to me?
March 15, 2003 01:39AM
I still have a missing Roc off the penninsula "A" hole near the shelter. Went into the water to the right pretty far, about 3/4 of the way down. Would love to have it back. RwC
PB
March 15, 2003 09:06AM
Hal,
If you'll call them before noon and tell them to let me have it I'll bring it by you house this evening. What did you shoot yesterday?
ibcc21@yahoo.com
March 15, 2003 08:11PM
if anyone around north miss wants to play some doubles sunday come to wall doxey. we are having a tourny starts at 9;30 or 10;00. Print, we missed you at the wall doxey tourny saturday hope to play you soon.
March 15, 2003 09:52PM
We had a bunch to do this morning, but we got in four rounds this afternoon. Karry took the NM #2 bagtag, but we are playing at Columbus tomorrow. We gave Brandon(young up and comer) number 10 and I got 6. I haven't played that course and I am trying to get in some different stuff. I got to give props out to disccraft on their Wildcat, my new ones added some serious yardage to my drives. Hope fully I wont lose it tomorrow. LOL.
yes
yes
March 15, 2003 11:04PM
discraft sucks
Played my first round of dg in '82. My first tourney was a local directed by Ted Smethers in Feb., '83. Joined the PDGA and played the first PDGA Worlds at Huntsville '83.
March 15, 2003 11:12PM
NOPE.. they got some good discs. I used to knock Innova, but they got some good stuff too. I am starting to find discs that I like from just about everyone. You might want to try one out.
PB
March 15, 2003 11:43PM
I mainly play innova. The guy I play with every week plays only discraft. I kid him that discraft sucks(even though I putt with a magnet). However, I have decided that it is not the disc or the maker, but the person throwing it. I've seen people that can outputt just about anyone with an Eagle and people that can outdrive just about anyone with a Soft Magnet. Sure stability and weight come into play, but if a good discer(ie not like me) throws a tractor tire it will be around the pin every time!

Hal, I forgot your disc. If its still there wednesday I'll get it.
March 16, 2003 09:01AM
The only problem that I have with innova is they discontinue or change molds or plastic way too often. Just about the time I get used to it, wham let's change! Case in point, Ram (changed mold), CE Firebird (change plastic and mold), Roc (how many times has this mold changed? Not that the new molds are inferior, just different.)

Shane
March 16, 2003 05:54PM
The wildcat is loooooooooooong!
by the way who is ibcc21@yahoo.com?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013