Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mobile this Saturday

Posted by kary 
Mobile this Saturday
March 17, 2003 01:51PM
I'm headed down to Mobile this weekend and plan on some disc golf fun on Saturday. I've played the Bogue and Chickasaw. I haven't played Langham or Cottage Hill. So that's where I plan on playing.

If any locals want to meet up and show me around the courses on Saturday, that would be awesome.

-Kary
tree in the fairway
Re: Mobile this Saturday
March 17, 2003 02:14PM
You should come to the Bogue on Sunday at 2pm. A large group meets there every Sunday afternoon.

If you've not played Chickasaw, you should. It's great right now, grass is neat, and the water's not too high. I'm headed out there this evening.
John Kittrell
March 17, 2003 02:59PM
Kary - You should try to play the Hobbit course as well. It and cottage hill are the most challenging in mobile. The downside is get someone to play with I don't remember it being very well marked. Have fun Saturday.... wish I could play.
John K
hobbit hill
March 17, 2003 08:45PM
hobbit & cottage hill would be good choices!

ps. thanks for starting up new events at those courses johnk..
looking forward to them...
March 17, 2003 09:10PM
No need to play Chickasaw. They are all short and too easy, and not challenging enough. (unless you are too vain, and need to shoot a 8-13 under every round) It is a beautiful little park though, that Mr. C has put a lot of work into.

I played at Cottage Hill the most when I lived there. The most challenging course in town (till Hobbit came along) The baskets at the Hill need to be worked on, and I believe that one is missing, but I'm sure you'll get an offer from somebody over there to show you around Hobbit. Now that is one tough, well laid out course.

I live in Baton Rouge now, so have fun and ace one for JimO
March 17, 2003 10:01PM
Gosh, Kary, don't you love how everybody pays attention to what you say? Tree, he said in his second sentence that he played the Bogue and Chick. Can't throw, can't read. @#$%&.
Anyway, Kary, John is right about challenge. If you want some real length, play Hobbit. If you want some Woods, play Cottage Hill. And if you want a really fun course, play Muni (Langham). And if you want some of all of that, save your gas money and come play the Windy Hills Open in Poplarville on the 29th. (Shameless plug - expect a lot of these from Shane and me over the next couple of weeks.)
March 18, 2003 09:33AM
Hmmm, lots of votes for Hobbit. I had planned to try to get in 2 rounds at Muni and the Hill, but I reckon I could try and squeeze in one round at Muni, the hill and Hobbit. I can find Muni and Cottage Hill (they're on the PDGA directory) but I don't see anything about Hobbit Park. Can someone give me directions?

Crow, thanks for pointing out what I thought was obvious. I will be at the Windy Hills Open. I've played the course a couple of times and have been talking it up to the North MS peeps. Hopefully some more North MS folk will come, but I may be the only one. I look forward to meeting the South MS (and LA and AL?) players that I haven't met yet.

-Kary
CC
March 18, 2003 09:41AM
Hey Kary,

Kenny and Zack are going to play at the Windy Hills Open. Is Jeff going?

Cindy
March 18, 2003 09:49AM
He's trying to work it out and will know later this week.

-Kary
March 18, 2003 09:58AM
Cindy I can post as well. ;)

Judy and I would love to go to the Windy Hills but we have a canine issue that would require us to leave and return to Starkville on Saturday. While the returning issue isn't that big a deal, the leaving thing doesn't sound like that much fun.

She and I will actually be down in Biloxi for most of the week before that so we are planning on seeing EXACTLY how long the drive from Poplarville to the house is and then probably leaving from our house sufficient time earlier Saturday morning and driving down. I saw ya'll talking about a hotel room, and we'd love to do that but we have to figure out the canines.

Maybe Judy and I will work something out, we'll see.

Jeff
CC
March 18, 2003 10:21AM
Jeff,

Why don't you just be a smart**s!!! J/K

I'm not going to the tournament. It's just Kenny and Zack this time around.

What are you going to do with the canines while you are at Bowling Green?

cindy
John Kittrell
March 18, 2003 10:35AM
Directions to Hobbit Park -
Municipals on Grelot Road, if you go towards downtown Mobile it turns into Springhill Ave. @ 2 miles after you go under I-65 (on Springhill Ave.) you'll come to Florida Street. (There's a church on the right) Take the next immediate left. When that street dead ends you will be looking at the course. Hole #2 is at the end of that road and Hole #1 is off to the right. Hope the directions are clear enough.
John K
March 18, 2003 10:39AM
For Kary, and for me, John - where are you supposed to park at Hobbit? I have played it twice now, and felt like I was parking where I shouldn't both times.
John Kittrell
March 18, 2003 01:18PM
I would park at the end of the dead end road across the street from the house. You can also park by #8 tee box (that's one street over to the west) by the playground.
John K
grayson
March 18, 2003 04:39PM
kari

a buddy and i are planning on going to mobile this weekend also, if the weather permits. give me a call or write back so we can get togehter and play a round at some or all the parks mobile has to offer.

grayson 4003058
March 18, 2003 05:09PM
That would be awesome. As of now, it looks like the weather's going to be nice in Mobile on Saturday. I'll call you later this week so we can work out details.

-Kary
March 18, 2003 05:25PM
You will still need a local to show you the layout of Hobbit. The t-signs are just rocks on the ground. The guy who built the course lives right across the street from basket 18, Buddy P, and if he is around he would prob love to show ya'll the course.
tree in the fairway
March 18, 2003 05:38PM
I saw that after I decided to read it again, but there's no edit feature on this board, or I've not found it yet, either way. carry on
spencer
March 21, 2003 03:11PM
i live in mobile and this is the first i heard of Hobbit park.
i will try to play it this weekend.
GRAYSON
March 22, 2003 09:11AM
if anybody in mobile want to go play today i am coming from hattiesburg to meet kari. we are going to cottage hill first. should be there at 11:00. if you want to call my number is 6014003058.

IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A GUIDE.

GRAYSON
March 24, 2003 09:50AM
Thanks to Grayson and Patrick for driving over from MS to play. The weather was awesome and we had a lot of fun.

I got up early and played Muni. Really sweet course. Number 11 - 649 ft. Wow. The course was a lot of fun. And I had an ace on number 3. w00t.

Met Grayson and Patrick over at Cottage Hill. Another really nice course but the polar opposite of Muni. It was a nice challenge. We had a local show us the first 9 before he had to go back to work. It's a shame people would steal baskets. Numbers 2 and 15 were missing.

We tried to play Hobbit. Thanks to John K. for the directions, they were right on. We played 1 and 2. Found 3 after some looking, but didn't see 3's basket. We were running low on time so we decided to head over to Muni, since Grayson and Patrick didn't get to play it yet. Grayson and I played for bag tags and ended up tying, so he kept his lower number.

Too bad none of the SN forum locals played with us. We had a blast. Mobile is definately disc golf blessed.

Looking forward to the next time I play there,

-Kary
John Kittrell
March 24, 2003 10:25AM
Kary
Glad you got to play some of the courses in Mobile. Wish I could've played with you guys Saturday. Too bad you didn't get to play the whole hobbit course. It's a great course in need of some tee markers.
John k
spencer
March 25, 2003 12:10PM
i am going to try and play hobbit wednesday be there around 4:30
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013