Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

T-Shirt Question

Posted by Brad 
T-Shirt Question
March 17, 2003 07:41PM
Thinking about selling T-Shirts at the May Memphis Tournament. I have a question for people who have sold T-Shirts before.

Say 200 people show up. How many T-Shirts would you recommend to have on hand to sale?

Also, out of those...what are the sizes you would have?

Thanks in advance!
Brad
Re: T-Shirt Question
March 17, 2003 11:24PM
Selling, or players package t's?
Here in BR, our local parks department does shirts for us for $5 a person. Unless we have sponsors to cover it, it get's deducted from the entry fee's.
Most people like larger T's, I'm a small person, butget either L or XL because they usually shrink, and I like to hide my ripping muscles!
But if there are kids playing, girls or women who like em tight, etc... you should get a good mix.

200 players! Sign me up!

Will T
March 18, 2003 07:11AM
t-shirts are one of the best ways to advertise the sport. more people ask me about the sport when I wear a shirt from one of the tournements. Alot of our group in Laf. look forward to buying t-shirts when will or Jim come over.
which reminds me Will . Will you be in Laf. in april. I got alot of sky bucks to cash in. don't forget a couple of t-shirts. just kiden! it's always good to watch you and mike K go at it!!!!!!! you might need to watch out for a couple of those home boyz who have been playing some unreal disc golf lately. Of course cutting out those new 9 holes has taken it's tol. looking forward to a good tournement April 5th & 6th.Hope everyone can make it!!!!!!!
March 18, 2003 08:01AM
Will T,

Selling T-Shirts. Not much...thinking $10....but hopefully they are nice enough that people will want to buy them. I have always loved buying a shirt that had the actual Tournament on it and year...so like you said...people ask...hey did you go to that?

So mostly L and XL? Probably not a ton of kids if any at the Memphis Tournament but should be some women....hmm..anymore ideas from folks?

Brad
March 18, 2003 07:35PM
I used to be in the tshirt market.. printing and selling tshirts. I would recomend around 72. Thats where you will get a price break. (15L, 40 XL and 17 XXL) I would say that they should sell well at 10 dollars. I would highly recommend making sure that you get a good design. A good design will sell itself. A small one color logo for the front and a 2-3 color design for the back should allow you to get a really good looking design. Alot of people dont want a large design on the front of the shirt. However, the cost of the shirts will probably be about 9 bucks on a white tshirt and that is cheap. The cost on the shirts with that kind of design is costing the vendor about 7 dollars and they are going to want to make some money. If you cant find someone to do it around that, let me know. I can get it done to help support the sport and I love the tournament. I made it to the tournament last year and really enjoyed it. I hadn't been playing but a couple of months then and I am hoping to do a little better this year. You can email me if you have any other questions. I am in the website business now, so I am always on my computer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013