Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Who is this guy?

Posted by will t 
Who is this guy?
July 02, 2002 12:47PM
Once again I find myself sitting here saying, @#$%&, who is this cat, and when did he start turning up the heat? Yes I'm talking about Doug Williams. A mild manored ex-masters player who has for some reason decided to jump on up to the pro ranks and take names and kick some butt. Again, he beat a strong field of (I believe) 22 open players at the Miss St Chps, and won it pulling away from the field. Todd Rowell, the best that Mobile has to offer(in my opinion) at this time, has developed a "walk up" putt that is incredible. It's fun to watch and I really enjoy watching him play. Also congrats out to him for FINALLY marrying his devoted cady, good job Bro'. Wild Bill Tyler, another of Mobiles finest, did his usual from the bottom to the top play that allows him to cash in nearly every tourney that he plays in, finished third, and my homeboy Ese' Rivers Sherrod took me by two strokes to finish up the top four that got to play for skins. Todd was the only outright skins winner, making a "walk up" putt from @ 75 feet on the third hole, and the rest of the money was divided by the four finnalists.
It was a great time and thanks to Flash Herndon for putting up with me and VL all weekend, and thanks to all the other offers that I had, too numerous to mention, but I may take you up on the offers at the next tourney there.
Peace,
Will T
vl
Re: Who is this guy?
July 02, 2002 06:38PM
ditto on the thanks to the flashman,,,

what an event! one of the best tourneys in the south, imo...

the annual top 4 open dg'ers safari is so much fun to watch-- from this spectators perspective.

every time i see a safari i am reminded why i am not in the open division.

also, thank goodness doug williams moved up to open!

whew, he throws way too far to be an old fart master... doug passes up the shade he throws so far ;^p
July 05, 2002 02:41PM
What can I say guys. Was it LUCK or was it FATE I sure dont knowbut I need them both on my side to beat yous guys. What an excellant turn out again in Hattiesburg. Thanks again to Mike and JIM. You are DA' MAN.
Hey Victor I dont throw past the shade the sun moves by the time my old @#$%& walks up to my throw. And finally the final 6 boy I might have won the tourney but I SURE DID NOT BELONG in the skins. 6 holes with 6 spaunches. The PERFECT score........ NOT.
But it was all in fun and congratulations to Todd for being the only MAN in the bunch to get some PIE.
jim
July 08, 2002 07:44PM
i would like to say go doug ,i wish more players who still can play in open would ,the purses would get better , more players in am master and advance would move up . most players only want a chance to cash when they have a great tournament , i was very proud of mississippi players , i think they won all divison but one and that was la. player. alabama will be back , so you better practice ,jim
SPENCER
July 11, 2002 12:27PM
who won am masters @ miss.sts
vl
July 11, 2002 11:55PM
i am pretty sure rob o'dell in first and greg guidry second...

those guys need to start thinking about pro masters...
SPENCER
July 12, 2002 08:08AM
i will be back in am masters
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 38
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013