Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

LAFAYETTE SPRING TOURNEY

Posted by misterbogey 
misterbogey
LAFAYETTE SPRING TOURNEY
March 19, 2003 10:13PM
The Lafayette Spring Tournament is just a little over two weeks away and we will have two complete 18 hole courses in place.

To get info on the tournament and see a pic of one of our new holes go to:

[www.acadianaparkdiscgolf.com]
misterbogey
Re: LAFAYETTE SPRING TOURNEY
March 20, 2003 07:32PM
The new holes are measured and posted so if anyone wants to see the new course specs or print the new scorecards go to:

[www.acadianaparkdiscgolf.com]

The new figures should be on the PDGA course site in the next few days.

We expect to have all the new baskets up this weekend.

Stay tuned to this station for breaking news...
bogeyman thanks for that link to the dept. of defense. war sucks but i love this country.

man, i could not find that pic of the new hole. could you give me a hint as to what to click? more new hole pics would be sweet too. dont think im gonna get there before the tourney.

protest protesters
Errin
Mr. Picky
March 24, 2003 08:17AM
Saddam has two D's
The Zinger
March 24, 2003 09:28AM
@#$%& Errin

you stole my slogan: Protest the Protesters!!!!! Go red, white, and blue.
mister bogey, i sure like that link to the results from the mid-winter tournament.

as shane will tell you, i'm not the best at finding information on the web, and so i am curious about what tees&courses the pros will be playing. do y'all know yet?
misterbogey
March 24, 2003 07:10PM
Greenwood Acres: Took the pic off, but if you'll send me your e-amil addy, I'll send it to ya.

Mr. Picky:...picky! picky! picky! ;-) I'll change it...thanks!

Mr. Mike (aka Mr. Mid-Winter Open): We probably won't decide on what tees til the day of the tourney. We don't have pro tees cut (measured, but not cut) on the newer holes. If the pros play the pro tees, it will be on the "B" course - that is the old #11 through the old #27, (there's a new hole between the old #16 an #17).

Don't know if you saw it, but there is a scorecard link on the site.

We will have 100 t-shirts to give out this time (was 75 last time and we ran out...sorry Ronnie and Robin...;-()

And more $$$ for you to win too Mike...I'm hoping to get a grip on the amount soon, but probably between $200-$300 added to the pro purse from sponsors.

All of the baskets are up now, so everyone can on over and play. But a word of warning: We still have a good bit of cleaning up to do and all of the tee pads are now down yet. Have fun anyway and bring your Off!
March 24, 2003 09:53PM
Sounds like it's going to be a blast... ALMOST the best way to spend my birthday weekend! +;o)
cue the music!

you say it's your birthday! it's my birthday too yeah!

we're gonna have a good time!

april 5th

where's the card game for this event? i like the way y'all play boure' (booray?) there. don't ever play boo-ray in alabama, they think they know how to play but they actually play alabama prison rules rummy and call it booray.
misterbogey
March 25, 2003 07:29PM
They know how to play but they can't spell it! ;-)

And that's my daugter in Dallas who says it's her birthday...she'll post anywhere to get presents! ;-p

Get here early and you'll get a free t-shirt with your name on it for your birthday...sorry won't have time to wrap it!

Somebody went nuts on the plaques, so this time we'll have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place plaques in a good many divisions...
booty call
March 25, 2003 10:39PM
somebody nutted on the plaques? that just aint right.
Tony Bass
March 27, 2003 04:44PM
Hey Mr. Bogey,
Have ya'll decided on what the tee assignments are going to be? Also which holes have pro tees? Well first off, tell me which of the old 27 are the now new 36, and which holes were added, please. I've played ther only once for the Late Summer Festival last year, but I remember most of the holes, (somehow) so it should make sense to me. I know I had a blast last year and am really looking forward to playing there again, you Cajun's sure know how to put on a good show. Oh yeah, and much props for the webpage. In plain terms, it's just fu*#ing awesome!! C' ya'll soon.
"Laissez Les Bons Temps Voler"

TB
misterbogey
March 27, 2003 07:42PM
Thanks for the kind words Tony.

Here's the breakdown on the course...hope it's not too confusing. We'll have a pop quiz later...;-p

New "A" Course - Starts at the old (and still) #1 , then across the street to the "jungle" and 8 new holes. This will bring you back to the old #2 which is now #10 and so on to the old #10 which is now #18 on the "A" Course.

New "B" Course - the old #11 is now #1 on the "B" Course. Follow the old course til the old #16 (now #6) There is one hole between it and the next hole (old #17, now #8). The old #18 is #9 and so on til the old #27 which is now #18 on the "B" Course.

There is a scorecard link on the webpage that will give you the new distances.

The tees played will be Pat Daniels' call, but I believe we will probably all play regular tees on Saturday and everyone will play both courses. If the pros play the pro tees it will be on course "B" on Sunday morning. Ams will play regular tees on course "A". They'll be a final 6 holes for the Open Men after the Sunday morning round.

I hope this all makes sense... but, remember the source...;-)

Looking forward to seeing you on the 5th.

And as Jim would say if he spoke French..."fait un as pour moi!"
March 28, 2003 07:10AM
confussed don't worry about it. just show up and we'll point you in the right direction.be prepaired for a good time ya!
misterbogey
March 28, 2003 07:09PM
I second "Pat the Poet's" motion!

I do want to mention that the scorecards will have a map on the back. But bring your GPS anyway...;-p

Also worth taking a "swat" at - the mosquito population is at an all time low in Lafayette this Spring, but bring some repellent just in case they have a population explosion by next weekend.
March 31, 2003 09:10AM
One week to go and the course is looking good. Work crews work real hard to tweek the courses.Masqitos not too bad yet and the fairways are a little more forgiving.looks like real good conditions for a good time. Make sure ya'll bring all the tricks in your bags someone will officially set new course records on each course and it just might be you!!!!!!!!!!aaaeee!!!!!!!
could you nice cajun people let us know as soon as y'all figure out what tees we'll be playing this weekend? i heard a rumor in popularville that no one is going to play any gold tees at all, which is fine since that means leftys won't have an advantage, but you know me, i like to hear things from misterbogey himself b4 i believe it. peace, cajun style
misterbogey
March 31, 2003 08:01PM
It was decided yesterday that only the regular tee pads will be played both days. Except of course for those final 4 Pros who'll play a final 6 holes...that does mean you right Mike? ;-)

It looks like they'll be $300+ added to the pro purse and 10+ CTP's.

We won't turn down any last minute CTP sponsors but instead of being Closest To Pin, they'll be Contributions To Pros!

btw...misterbogey is just a "gofor"...watch your sources! ;-p
major depresion, i wish you cajuns wernt scared of long courses.

i want to run a tournament over there strictly from the pro tees. that way mike will ba at a disavantage.
April 01, 2003 06:15AM
these are courses for the skilled not so much the sling shot armed branch of the sport. you need a bag of tricks to master the jungle. In the jungle 2's turn to 3's and 3's turn to 4's or worse. This is not for the faint hearted. you must use the force to guide you through. on the other hand someone can cash in on the ctp's or the ace pot. " it could happen".
R. A.
April 01, 2003 09:25AM
Can anyone tell me how far East Kaliste Saloom Road is from the park?

Thanks,
Robin
put me in coach :^p
April 01, 2003 09:29AM
mapquest.com

not too far robin... but not exactly next to the park :^p

if i recall correctly it crosses Pinhook Road a couple of lights past the Vermilion River.
April 01, 2003 10:45AM
It's not very far maybe 4 or 5 miles tops. Take Kaliste Saloom to 90 at the air port turn left on 90. Stay on 90 til you cross the river and turn right on pinhook and it will take you to the park.
R. A.
April 01, 2003 01:12PM
Great, thanks a bunch. Ronnie and I are looking forward to this weekend, you Lafayette folks always put on a first class tourney. We'll see you Saturday morning.

Thanks,
Robin
mr. wizard, that short course should favor you since you can putt. and thanks for giving up those ce valks, i lost one on hole 11 white at the farm today(which is as long as 3 holes combined in lafayette :+) )
April 02, 2003 06:03PM
Just trying to keep this thread fresh. For all who have not played the Spring tournament in Lafayette, it is a must play. The prizes and ctp's are plentiful, free tshirts and of course don't forget that southern hospitality you won't find in any other state but Louisiana. Hey H'burg boys, are you coming in full force or what? Give me a holler'.
April 03, 2003 06:51AM
ya'll come and getch some!!!!!!!make ya self at home and don't be shy. remember someone will set a new tournement record for the 2 courses and it could be you!!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 03, 2003 11:11AM
Since we have 2 full 18 hole courses adjacent to one another, I believe the disc golf clubs executive committee has arrived at naming the courses "Ace Run" and "Van Duzie" after one of the pioneers in local disc golf lore.
houston disc golfer
April 03, 2003 08:46PM
have ya'll figured out what course the pros are gonna play first, second, last, whatever??? inquiring minds want to know! i have to practice more if blessed lettuce the salad tosser is gonna be there.
misterbogey
April 03, 2003 08:59PM
David...that was a surprise! But that's o.k....if anyone sees it don't tell Joey and Karen...shhh

Houston Disc Golfer...that's a surprise too...;-p Here's an uneducated guess...pros will play course "B"... the longest course both Saturday and Sunday morning. They will play the "A" course on Saturday afternoon.

Ams will play Course "A" both mornings and course "B" on Saturday afternoon.

A lot depends on the turnout as we want to balance the number of players on the two courses.

And we'll have lots of extra LETTUCE TOSSED in the SALAD for the pros...;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013