Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Windy Hills Open

Posted by Jonas 
The Windy Hills Open
March 22, 2003 11:08PM
Sorry, fellas. I'm gettin' lazy. Tired of scrolling down so @#$%& much!
Zplasticmaster
Re: The Windy Hills Open
March 25, 2003 10:18AM
Jonas,
Wassup! I just wanted to reply to your thread, since no one else will.
stephen
booty call
March 25, 2003 12:50PM
have y'all heard this here rumor about having some hotties to caddy for a small fee at this here windy hills shindig? got to have me something to look forward to since i heard you can't drink no beer.
March 25, 2003 05:24PM
I don't think that the plan for the rent "a" caddy is going to make it :(. I started too late on the idea that Todd gave me, but I am working on it already for the next tournament.
booty call
March 25, 2003 10:21PM
well that just aint right. what am i gone do now, im gonna have to git me a bike caddy like that ugly left-handed guy in lafayette that one time.
March 25, 2003 10:37PM
BR, Jackson, Nawlins, an Tha H'Burg gonna be in da house this weekend! Mobile, P'cola, where ya'll at?
March 26, 2003 09:48AM
i'm pretty sure there will be a lot of mobile folks there, can't you smell them practicing?
March 26, 2003 09:53AM
Wind's blowing out of the east, I can only smell gumbo.
March 26, 2003 10:15AM
Yeah, I meant the west. I win the dumbass award for the day.
March 27, 2003 11:17AM
what's the course look like after the rain wednesday fellas? ponds bigger or what?
March 27, 2003 02:18PM
Nah the ponds are pretty small, but the course is immaculate.

Shane
March 27, 2003 02:20PM
We didn't get a whole lot of rain. I'll have to agree with Shane, the course looke like a ball golf course. Outstanding!
March 27, 2003 03:34PM
So where exactly is the Pro Tee for number 5. I easily found the White tee but could not for the world find the yellow tee for number 5. I had the map with me as well as the score sheet but neither turned out to be helpful. That was the only tee I could not find.

Jeff
March 27, 2003 09:59PM
It's up and back by the big box behind the dormitory. It's about 468' from the pin.
March 28, 2003 07:29AM
Just a reminder, THIS TOURNAMENT IS TOMORROW!!!!!! Gas up the car, put the plastic in the back, and COME ON!! You will be sorry you didn't come play this course.
March 28, 2003 07:52AM
For all who palns to be here Friday, I will have a doubles tourney for all who wants to play. It will be $20 per team, starting at 4:00, Friday.
March 28, 2003 07:59AM
Hey Terry, are you going to see Will? I want to make sure we are all on the same page. @#$%& he's hard to get a hold of. We need the slots to post the scores on. Get in touch.
March 28, 2003 08:13AM
I thought Shane had a different plan for the scores. But if you need to get ahold of Will, just diss Baton Rouge :p
The Zinger
March 28, 2003 08:56AM

Will always carries everything in his car. I won't be talking to him until tomorrow.
kary
March 28, 2003 10:25AM
weather.com's got mostly cloudy with 10% chance of rain for Saturday. wunderground.com's got scattered storms, 30% chance of rain and 15-20 mph winds. So the weather looks great every day except Saturday. What's up with that? Did you TD's not put in the clear weather request with Weather Control (TM)? Bah, either way we're gonna have a blast.

I should make it to the course around 3:00-3:30 today looking to get in a practice round.

-Kary
March 28, 2003 05:30PM
NO Team Northshore expected at the Windy Hills Open:

Dangerous Don Perkins .........Goobee
Paul "Cherynobyl" Vogel ........Slidell
Dave Sherer ...........................Covington
Rob Williams ...........................Mandeville

any others?

Rainy in the first round, windy in the second ... gonna be an INteresting day tomorrow.
March 28, 2003 05:32PM
Chernobyl
March 28, 2003 05:33PM
Thank God I have a secretary ...... bless you, Maggie.
March 28, 2003 07:46PM
Yea, I'll be there with the board, and no attitude. I've decided that I don't like myself with an attitude. True huh Crow?!? Go ahead and dis Mobile now that JK has about 1 tournament a month too!! Oh yea, I said no more attitude - sorry!

How have you been trying to get in touch with me Jonas? I check my e-mails nightly (skysouthwest@msn.com) and believe me I live on this message board!

Any thing else you need, call me tonight, but as Terry said, I carry it all in my car all the time. I'm a rollin' disc golf fool!

Can't wait to try out a new course, and I hope the new bag tag #1 holder shows!!!

Till Tomorrow,
Willy BT
March 28, 2003 11:15PM
Well, I have to admit - Mobile could have one tourney a month and still only play each course about twice...
Jonas' internet skills go as far as this board and Girls Gone Wild. Which is more than I can say for his disc skills...
John Kittrell
March 29, 2003 11:49AM
Will is exaggerating - I only have six tournaments scheduled throught the year. That's not quite one a month and all but the two-day tournament are at different courses. (he is correct that with the city of mobile, the chickasaw charity tournament, and the howler plus the six I am running mobile will have 9 tournaments this year) I'll see how it goes this year especially the two day tournament. That may or may not be coming back depending on the response, I was hesitant to put it on the schedule but figured what the heck (after it was suggested to me by non-locals). I'm not trying do deluge the tournament schedule just trying to expose the tournament crowd to other Mobile courses besides Chickasabouge and Chickasaw...
John k
March 29, 2003 09:02PM
I have to say that there are roughly 80 hard @#$%& muthas on the Southern Nationals tour. Ya'll are a bunch of tough folks to stick it out today on what has to be the nastiest March 29th in Mississippi history. Thanks for coming, thanks even more for staying, you all ROCK! I enjoyed meeting the people I met and playing with the people I already knew. I almost had a good time, except for the weather. I propose that the money raised for the chapel instead go to the Hookers and Booze Fund since He didn't exactly show appreciation for the fundraising efforts with nice weather.
But thanks again to all who stuck it out, I don't think I heard anybody but myself whine excessively about the weather. If this had been the Ice Bowl, I definitely would have broken the No Whiners rule. I was planning on letting fly at the people who didn't show up, but if I had known the weather was going to do this today...well, let's just say I understand. Except for Bilbo. You big weenie. But I guess 4th place out of 16 is practically the same as 4th place out of 17, so I guess things wouldn't have been much different with you there.
One more thing, if you liked the course, tell somebody about it. See you next time.

Peace out,
Crow
The Zinger
March 29, 2003 10:00PM
Crow was right on with everything. Very windy, very rainy, and temp in (i'm guessing by the way my toes felt) upper 40s. Sorry Shane, but I ain't gonna lie here This tournament was the miserable tournament I've been too. I forgot to bring pants and long sleeves. My darn umbrella bent all out of shape by the 7th hole of the first round due to massive wind gusts. The tournament itself was ran very well. Great turn-out first Windy Hills Open. I'm glad I went, but as Crow said, if I'd known about how rainy-windy-and cold it would have been, I prob wouldn't have showed. Thank for the great course and tournament. Peace

ps. Last time I ever play a tournament with bad weather in it's name.
March 29, 2003 11:16PM
Good thing they didn't call it the Thermonuclear Explosion Open.
March 30, 2003 01:05AM
Jonas & Shane

Sorry i didn't make it . I got my wisdom teeth pulled on Wed and have been so druged up and out of it that i wouldn't have done any good if i came and probably wouldn't have made it there anyways .

But from the way the weather was here in Baton Rouge , i'm glad i didn't make it , it was cold has hell here. Well just wanted to say sorry for not makeing it , so have another one real soon so i can come play. I will make time to get down there and play the course sometime real soon.

Todd (toad)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013