Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Lost Disc in Poplarville

Posted by Shane 
Lost Disc in Poplarville
March 23, 2003 08:30PM
I found a White Cobra on Hole 18 in Poplarville. I will be cleaning out the small pond this week and will keep any plastic until this weekend for you guys. Did anyone find a orange T-Bird on hole 18? I would really like to have it back. Oh and I posted on our website a list of area hotels.
<wildcattrace.webhop.net>
I also lost an orange(ish) T-Bird at Wildcat Trace. In the pond left of #17 pro tees .. dang, that's a wicked hole ....

Rob
funny that someone said i would lose a lot of discs when i played poplarville, but for some reason i still have them all in my bag after playing 2+ rounds there saturday. must be all that rivendell mud on my discs that keeps them from flying too far.

anyway, i dig the changes in poplarville since my last visit! as ryan clark said, thanks for listening to me ;0) what a beautiful course, can't wait till they start renting golf carts for the drive in between holes. my favorite hole is am 13, so pretty, just like a young PRCC co-ed in some tight shorts and bikini top picking flowers off the ground.
Re: Lost Disc in Poplarville
March 24, 2003 10:45AM
Lost white ROC in smallpond on 7 San Antonio stamp, and a red Special edition Leopard on 13. Thanks for any efforts to find them Shane. Had a good time with our large group Sunday. Shane and CREW much props
for the efforts involved in getting the course in the ground.
See ya FRI
frzbman
pdisc
March 24, 2003 09:10PM
Hey Shane if you find a mrv'aviarputter,and a rock holla at me this is Rick' Jonas friend.thank alot
March 26, 2003 10:30PM
OK the north MS disc recovery group was in Poplarville earlier this week and here's what we got:

SE Leopard: Red: Doug Williams on the back
KC Gazelle: Orange: Sierad2k1 on the back w/ phone #

I also grabbed 2 discs with no names, they were:

X-clone and CE Eagle.

If you can tell me on what hole you lost it and what color it is I'll give it back, otherwise they are mine. =)

I'm planning on coming to the Wildcat Trace Tourney this weekend and will have those discs with me so find me and get your discs.

Oh and if anybody has scuba gear I have a KC Firebird in EACH pond in what sure did look to be the deepest parts of the ponds. I have a blue one in the pond on 12 and an orange one in the pond on Pro 17. I'd love em back but don't really expect them since it would take a swim to get em.

Jeff
The Zinger
March 26, 2003 10:34PM
Just to let everyone know. The campus president doesn't want anyone in the ponds at all. He lives in the house that is easily seen on the back nine(close to hole 12). I think he will let Jonas in every once-in-awhile.
March 26, 2003 10:48PM
You might get the one back from 12, but the other pond is home to giant man-eating catfish.
Hardy
March 26, 2003 11:02PM
if i throw something in, im going after it(to an extent), i care dearly about my plastic, it comforts me

hardy
March 27, 2003 09:25AM
I think that CE eagle was from one of the Jackson Guys.

Shane
March 27, 2003 10:10AM
Jeff you da man. Thanks for the helpful eyes. I even went back looking for the @#$%& leopard. That's what I get for throwin more than 1 on a hole and just walkin off. Will be at the trace b4 noon FRI will catch up with ya.
Thanks again.
DKW3041
frzbman you practice real good on friday now, especially since the wind will be in the opposite direction on saturday... ha ha ha! what a maroon.
March 27, 2003 11:10AM
Doug it was long from the basket about 50 feet following the valley towards the brush at the end of the valley. It was in plain view which is why I was sort of suprised to see it sitting there.

Anyway, I'll be getting into Poplarville Saturday morning so I'll try and find you before or during the players' meeting.

Jeff
March 27, 2003 11:20AM
I have a white CE Eagle lost on the pond by the tennis courts (going the other way). I'm pretty sure it's a 172 but my name, etc. was on their (maybe if it's a 172 (mostly new CE eagle).
March 27, 2003 02:24PM
The water gets really low during the summer months, so don't lose all hope. I will be doing a lot of fishing for discs in the upcoming months.
March 27, 2003 03:36PM
acerun I have your CE Eagle, albeit it didn't have your name on it when I removed it from the pond. Are you coming to the tourney this weekend? If so find me, my name is Jeff Haydel.

Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 37
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013