Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Open SNC's

Posted by Crow 
Open SNC's
March 23, 2003 11:00PM
Will, FYI, the pro SNC's are listed as being in Memphis on the PDGA web site. I was looking for some tournaments in Tennessee when I stumbled upon it, then checked Louisiana to be sure, and it's not listed there. Guess you should let them know.
Re: Open SNC's
March 24, 2003 08:13PM
Thanks Crow. I thought that it had been changed, but I guess not yet. I'll go to their sight now and let them know.

We almost have over $3000 already added to the purses, so now we need sponsors!!!!

WBT
March 24, 2003 10:31PM
I went to the PDGA site, and e-mailed their "major" tournament coordinator, and he replied, "if it is a PDGA event, tell your local regional coordinator, and if it is not, oh well..."

I had told him it was a USDGC qualifer, therefore it HAS to be a PDGA tournament, but he just wanted to be a jerk from what I could read from his response, so I wrote him one back!

Florence, I understand your pain - the PDGA is just really hard to work with!

Oh well, We all know that the tournament is in Baton Rouge this year, August 30 - 31.

See Everyone then,
Willy TD
vl
March 24, 2003 10:35PM
you'd probably be better off emailing theo pozzy...
March 24, 2003 10:41PM
Last year in Memphis there was a screw up about no one filling out the proper paperwork ahead of time for the Tournament to even BE a PDGA Event. We worked it out in the end but I would advise talking to Jim or the Louisiana Director to see if the paperwork has been filled out.

Brad
www.Memphisdiscgolf.com
March 25, 2003 08:40AM
No offense to PDGA lovers....but this kinda ridiculous cr## is why things are the way they are.....if ya don't water the lawn, don't be surprised if the grass dies!!!! (oooh that was heavy...must be springtime yardwork sunstroke anxiety syndrome). Will, best o' luck! Griff
March 25, 2003 10:10AM
will, has zinger been brainwashing you again? the PDGA is not that hard to work with, and vic is right, if you want to change any info on the PDGA website you should contact theo pozzy, or your Louisiana state coordinator, that really swell chap Mikey Kernan, who was elected in a landslide of 6 votes to one in the 2002 election.

I will send theo an e-mail asking him to change the information, and if you need any help getting the paperwork filled out to make this event a B-tier, feel free to ask me, your Louisiana state coordinator. i'm here for ya bro.

sorry that you did not realize that a "major" tournament refers to either the Pro Worlds, Am Worlds, U.S. Disc Golf Championship, U.S.Masters Disc Golf Championships, U.S. Amateur Chapionship, or U.S. Women's Disc Golf Championships, all really really supery-dupery (as flanders would say) events.
vl
March 25, 2003 10:28AM
i am fairly sure that theo would still have to wait for the sanctioning agreement to be completed before editing tournament dates in the pdga web site...

i could be mistaken, though...
March 25, 2003 08:50PM
even if it had the wrong city and state down?

And what I didn't like was the Attitude that came across through the e-mail I got back from this guy. And if it's not, Oh well... is not the way to end an e-mail to a tournament director, wether it was a PDGA event or not.

The second e-mail I got back from him was even worse, and didn't help the way I feel. I'm sorry Mikey-mike, but did you know that the other vote was for me? I didn't either until someone told me they wrote me in as their choice. (although I guess I would have to re-up with the PDGA to serve them huh?)

Which brings me to another beef. First I am told that my $50 membership fee will last a whole 3 months, then I hear that anyone that signed up October and later would keep their membership for the whole next year. I was overjoyed! Now I find out through this e-mail from the PDGA official, that I am not current, and if I was, he would have helped me more. GEEE THANKS

later,
Will
vl
March 25, 2003 09:17PM
SN should charge PDGA members 5$ to play in SN events to raise the funds to send back to the PDGA for the BR SN Finals.

:^p
Tony Bass
March 25, 2003 09:38PM
Ha-ha
March 25, 2003 10:34PM
membership has its privileges. since you are the TD for a USDGC qualifier, you ought to be a member by now man. by the way, the one vote wasn't for you, it was for vic, i know because i'm the one who wrote his name on my ballot! you can't believe everything you see on the net, it's like the flippin matrix man, someone is trying to control all of us, it ain't right i'm telling you, don't turn your computer on man, they'll get you like they got everyone else man!
March 26, 2003 12:01PM
IS ALL THIS PDGA CRAP WORTH IT? THEO POZZY KISS MY G-WOOD @SS!

ALL THE MONEY WE SEND THE PDGA IS A WASTE!

I SAY KEEP IT IN THE SOUTH, YELLOW ROPE IS CHEESE GOLF, ANYONE WANTING TO GO TO USDGC, SHOW UP FOR MIKEY'S PLAYOFF!
March 26, 2003 01:05PM
only someone without the skills to compete on the national level would make a post like that, g.a.

do you think it's just a coincidence that the purse at all PDGA events has grown 50% in 4 years to over 1 million dollars in 2002? we know you'll never get any of that cash, but some of us appreciate it being there to compete for!

yellow rope is cheesy, i'll agree with that.
The Zinger
March 26, 2003 01:12PM
hey mike, do you think it's just a coincidence that the price for movie tickets has risen in the past 4 years? Did the movies get better? NO! Just cause the purse has gotten bigger doesn't mean the PDGA has gotten better.

ps. And yes if I was good enough to win $$ I would definitly hop on the PDGA bandwagon because I would be blinded with the $$ to notice what we all see now.
March 26, 2003 02:17PM
what exactly am i missing? do tell, instead of flinging vague statements about how the PDGA is a waste. be specific, that is how you win debates.

sorry you're not good enough to win $$ :)
March 26, 2003 03:07PM
i apologize for my last blow up. i really dont care for debates i think message board arguments are a waste of time.

i'll let the fact stand that i dont care to be a member of the pdga anymore. i play discgolf for fun. there seems to be to much concern for money in the pdga. they have helped the sport alot but i like it on a gass roots level.

if i played for cash, i'd be swinging a golfclub.
March 26, 2003 03:50PM
perhaps you're right, the PDGA is somewhat focused on prize money, and they can sometimes seem as if they don't care all that much about the non-professional disc golfer. it's legitimate criticism, unlike the blanket statements often found around these forums stating the PDGA ain't worth anything.
remember, it is not easy trying to promote a sport as new and different as disc golf is...if you think it's easy, go try and get some sponsorship for your next tournament and then come talk some trash about how the PDGA is a waste of money. how much sponsorship do you see at the Southern Nationals anyway?
i'm glad that the PDGA is trying to promote the sport, so maybe one day the top 200 pros in the country can make a living from just playing, and then i can quit my job for good...
jim
March 26, 2003 04:13PM
FIRST OF ALL I FILLED IT OUT , THAT IS A LIE HAROLD DUVALL OF INNOVA HAS FILLED IT OUT THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS SO THE PDGA COULD NOT SAY WE DID NOT TURN IT IN. WHY THEY CANNOT GET IT STRAIT IS WILD . LAST YEAR THEY ONLY PUT THE RIGHT CITY DOWN AT THE LAST MOMENT. HAROLD FILLED IT OUT RIGHT AFTER THE EVENT OF 2002 WAS OVER. I FOR ONE DID NOT LIKE THE WAY THEY TALK TO WILL. PEOPLE SHOULD NOT TALK TO SOMEONE LIKE THAT. I WOULD NEVER TALK THAT WAY TO THE PDGA. JIM
March 26, 2003 04:21PM
Thanks, Jim....I rest the point of my posting. Rock on SNDG!!! Griff
March 26, 2003 07:04PM
i would hope they would extend that down to the top 2000. is it that important that 200 golfers make a living?

clinic over.
March 26, 2003 07:32PM
clinic open

i know you've cashed in an a-teir but man it really went to your head not your wallet.

mike, your a cool cat. the pdga is cool. i am a little bitter about the way that thing is operating. especially the way they treat jim and other SN officials.

why do they think SN is such an evil machine. i bet innova or discraft can appreciate the SN. mainly because jim is increasing sales for em by building courses, are we disliked because we take away from pdga membership?

i like jim, pdga is fine and mikey- your my HERO!
March 26, 2003 09:00PM
Boy I like to see two good friends of mine go at it on the computer!!

I am not an anti-PDGA machine, and as I stated earlier Mikey-mike, I thought I was current. Hell I'm taking the officials test for goodness sake!!! But when they are unwilling to work with other orginazations within their own sport, that boggles my mind. They are pushing me away, not the other way around. "if you were a current member, I might be more inclined to help you." What kind of crap is that??

I had been planning on trying to get the PDGA more involved around here, by sanctioning more events, but why should I??

Yes, money has a lot to do with it. Running a PDGA tournament is not as easy as running a SN tourny, and there are many more non PDGA golfers around these parts, that really don't want to pay the extra money to something that doesn't truely do anything for them. (except to make good forum fodder) I am all for the PDGA, and will be a member again, (not only because I have to to run their tournaments) but look at it from the standpoint of local golfers who have no designs to go to worlds, an "A" tier, or even want to pay $50 for a cool Magazine. Lets keep it fun, but competitive, and go ace on for Jim.

Oh and Mikey-mike, have you also noticed that the entry fees for those tournaments have also gone way up?

Peace Out,
Willy BT
SN #24
v
March 26, 2003 09:11PM
the PDGA should just go ahead and raise membership fees to 1000$ a year and make all PDGA events members only... and raise entry fees to 200$ per event-- or more...

if you are going to be elitist-- why not go all the way.

_______

this is a grassroots sport-- always has been... always will be...

that is not a bad thing, in my opinion.

the pdga has a terminal case of delusions of grandeur...
v
March 26, 2003 09:25PM
the reason pdga event entry fees have gone up is the tier sanctioning system being tied directly to payout (tier $ levels were raised over that last few years, i think...)

it is hard enough to get sponsors for an obscure sport-- much less in a war economy...

anyway, the system they use mandates that tier events "pay out" a certian level to qualify as an A, B or C tiers... and are "bumped" downward the next year if they do not meet the payout goal...

since sponsor money isn't coming from sportsloop, nor growing on trees on our courses-- higher entry fees is the easy answer for a PDGA TD to achieve higher tier status...
March 27, 2003 12:56PM
dear jim and will,

i apologize on behalf of the PDGA for not updating their website sooner, but want you to know that it will be updated in a couple days(i spoke with guru an hour ago). i don't understand however why you would get so bent out of shape about it when you have yet to send in the PDGA B-tier sanctioning agreement for the SN Pro Championships. y'all have known that the SN Finals would be in B.Rouge since last year, and although mr.duvall sent in the dates to the PDGA that is not the same as sending in a completed sanctioning agreement. if that sounds elitist i apologize, but remember that the La. Doubles and COMobile Championships were advertised on the PDGA website as being sanctioned when they were not, and perhaps the PDGA does not want to advertise an event as being sanctioned until they know for sure it will be. i think the sanctioning agreement for last year was mailed pretty late as well, which would explain why it wasn't updated on time last year.

remember, i am here to help anyone who wants to run a PDGA event in Louisiana, i'm sorry if all my jokes on these forums have given you the impression that i don't like the southern nationals. i've said it before and i'll say it again: thank you for running so many tournaments, i appreciate all you do for the sport.

peace, mikey
March 27, 2003 01:00PM
dear vl and zinger,

y'all crack me up on a regular basis with your hostility towards the PDGA. i'm glad y'all decided to bring your inane remarks over to the PDGA message board for a while so the rest of the nation can laugh at your faulty logic. i don't know who "discgolfdude" is but i haven't laughed so hard in years after i read his post about vl.

keep up the good work y'all,

mikey
March 27, 2003 01:02PM
I too recognize the harshness of some of my PDGA comments on the Forum. I respect Mikey for respecting Jim and for his Kudos and all. I work too @#$%& much and value my limited golf time soooo much that some of my personal experiences and those I read here have clouded my ability to give the PDGA a fair shake...Peace and Aces to all, and I do mean ALL disc-nuts!!! GRiff
v
March 27, 2003 03:01PM
mikey the donator,

faulty logic?

LA has an 83% non renewal rate-- and historically the PDGA has a very low renewal rate as well... (out of over 20,000, only what-- about 6000 renew?)

why do you think that is the case?

if you could see all the emails i receive from disgruntled xmembers-- you might realize you are actually in the minority. (even some from current members, like the ex webmaster of the pdga web site)

there are far more lurkers than there are posters in forums, btw... ya newbie. :^p

the MGM eTD report has been sent to the pdga office, btw... well, the truncated version you let me send them, anyway-- mr state coordinator.
March 27, 2003 03:50PM
for those that don't speak english too well, what does "truncated" mean?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013