Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Course Record Database

Posted by Course Record Beater 
Course Record Beater
Course Record Database
March 25, 2003 10:08PM
I am following the Highland Road Park course record discussion with much interest. Is there a website where course records are kept? I would be interested in the course records in all of the local courses (Louisiana, Houston area, Alabama, Mississippi, etc.).

CRB
Re: Course Record Database
March 25, 2003 10:27PM
rivendell farm red: 40 (rob doucet, mikey kernan)
white: 47 (eric tracy)
tournament(white): 48 (bernie sawyer)

lafreniere yellow: 37 (eric tracy)
red: 38 (eric tracy)
don't know tournament record on those 2 courses.
Hardy
March 25, 2003 10:44PM
agnes moffitt in houston -15
think thats reg tees
v
March 25, 2003 11:21PM
PDGA TD reports that are turned in from sanctioned events request course record info...

you may be able to get regional historical course record info (by email) ... from guru (brian) at the pdga office..

ps... i'll help build a website if somebody gathers the data...
March 26, 2003 11:57AM
blue angel park in pensacola is -12 k.c hackathorn doubles is -17 all birdies by matthew orrum and k.c. hackathorn.
misterbogey
March 26, 2003 08:07PM
I'll do some research on Acadiana Park and post what I can come up with.

I think the 27 hole record for regular tees is -19 and -22 for regular tee doubles.

I know for sure that old fart "misterbogey" has the record high score...;-)
March 26, 2003 08:29PM
The course records at our 2 courses at Burns Park will be determined at our state championship in May. I invite everyone to come give it their best shot.
March 27, 2003 03:37PM
I've got similar plans and if the pdga has data I can extract from, it can happen really soon. A while back I was in touch with a few different people (various sites) about adding an xml backend that other sites could pull data as they needed. ie, scores, course records, distances, etc..

It's not hard and I've got the....well not the time but everything else!
Tony Bass
March 27, 2003 04:11PM
I am not totally sure what the record at Paul B. Johnson in a casual round is, but at this years Ice Bowl John Fowler shot a mind blowing 13 under the last round. (To tie me for 3rd of course, that dang Fowler) I don't know for sure if that is the best, (I've only been around the sport for about 3 years) but it sure would be hard to beat!! Just my contribution to the thread. Thank you!

TB
misterbogey
March 27, 2003 07:19PM
Here's the scoop on the course records at Acadiana Park in Lafayette:

Original 18 Holes: Single -13 - Eric Tracy
Doubles -14 - James Tryanewski & Joe Todd

27 Holes: Single - Single -19 - Brannon Venable
Doubles - 20 - Greg Oglesby (Playing two)

New 18 Hole Courses: To be announced...come on out next weekend and make history!
April 28, 2003 09:33PM
New course record for Acadiana Park Ace Run Course:

Greg Guidry - 12

Way to go Greg! And when did you say you were turning pro? ;-)
April 28, 2003 09:47PM
Tony, I seem to remember hearing that Rivers shot a -15 at Paul B. once many moons ago.
Tony Bass
April 28, 2003 10:10PM
Well I had forgotten about this thread existing. While we're on the subject of
(-15) I set the new course record in Pensacola with that very score at this past tourney. (my more accurate contribution, thanks Crow)
TB
Blueboy
April 28, 2003 10:40PM
I think that golf courses require at least two witnesses for a score to qualify as a course record
April 29, 2003 06:11AM
An update on blue angel park doubles remains the same but singles was obliveated in our tourny by Tony Bass out of Miss. with a blistering -15. The new pro -tees have a best score in singles of even by many and no doubles registered yet.
April 29, 2003 07:43AM
Mike
Wally and I shot an -8 on the new pro tees Friday before the last tournament at Blue Angel. We played with T Bass and KC Heckathorn, if verification is needed...
John k
Tony Bass
April 29, 2003 10:49AM
John is correct. He and wally smoked all of us with an (-8). I think my partner and I only shot a (-6). So that record is now verified!
TB
mike
April 29, 2003 10:54AM
John
I remember that but my question to you and Wally is, were all of the boxes in place and pinned down? If not of course it will not count but I will go ahead and insert that in as doubles record. If you talk to Wally ask him and if the answer is yes they were in place then that will stand as the early record. Boy it sure is amazing to me that you two old farts would beat K.C. and Tony.
Tony Bass
April 29, 2003 01:03PM
Mike,
Actually if I recall correctly, it was myself and Mike U. teamed up, along with K.C. and Steve M. Although this is no excuse either for "letting those old farts beat us". Ha-ha!
TB
April 29, 2003 01:39PM
Tony I'll correct you and Mike's mistake 'cause I know you meant "that old fart and John k" and Mike we played from the same tees on Saturday of the tournament. Hope you guys can make it to Bud Hill. If you haven't been it is in my top three of the year (with SN Championship being #1) Awesome course and awesome people...
John k
April 29, 2003 08:52PM
We had 3 witnesses for Greg Guidry's -12 at Acadiana Park...their empty pockets prove it! ;-p
April 29, 2003 08:53PM
We had 3 witnesses for Greg Guidry's -12 at Acadiana Park...their empty wallets prove it...;-p
April 29, 2003 09:45PM
Just my opinion, but I think that only tournament rounds should count as an official course record. Maybe post both on the signs around the park for publicity, but the tournament round shoudl be the one listed as the official for the course.

Shane
mike
April 30, 2003 07:16AM
John
I talked briefly with Wally about Bud Hill and I am seriously thinking about going up. I guess there are plenty of motel rooms close to the course. Also your record is now in the books and I really think it will stand for awhile. The singles record even has now been done by 8 players so as soon as someone gets in the minus colume it will stand for a while as well. Best I can do is +4
April 30, 2003 04:07PM
You mean to tell me that Wally Free is still around playing disc golf. I didn't think the little @#$%& was still walking, much less setting records in disc golf.....just kidding....Wally is my greatest competitor and role model for disc golf.....that old SOB can play the game....and every once in awhile he lets me beat him.....see you at the MS States Wally,,,

dangerous don
May 01, 2003 07:54AM
Congrats to Dangerous Don for setting the course record of -7 at his home (I mean, really ... it's in his back/front/side yards) course, Dangerous Acres.
May 01, 2003 08:12AM
That's the reconfigured, lenghtened, post-tornado(s) Dangerous Acres.
Anonymous User
May 01, 2003 10:01AM
hey dangerous, smoothie sent me an e-mail, he wants your e-mail address. is the one on this thread valid?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013