Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Which way do we go?

Posted by Bill Trousdale 
Which way do we go?
March 25, 2003 10:23PM
All the poles are in except one. This weekend trails and directional signs should be in. Last weekend there was mass confusion because existing holes were pulled and moved to the new fairways. The Parks Department had us pull one pole completely out because it had been placed in a location they wanted us to stay out of there around the Visitor Center. The Red Course (front) now has 18 holes while the Blue Course (back) still has 19 holes. Things should be a lot clearer after this weekend. The existing holes on the Red Course are vintage 1981. The poles are larger than the newer poles. We have ordered the larger collars and sleeves and will have the one pole in as soon as they arrive from DGA. Hopefully they'll arrive by this weekend. Course map should be finished this week barring in further design changes.

The Red Course and Blue Course are quite different from each other despite being in the same area. I would describe the Red Course as a wooded course with distinct elevation changes requiring strong accurate throws that will provide some 2's. It may be easier to get 3's. The Blue Course is more open and more distance. Still playing through the trees, throws will require more finesse with confident power. I don't know how it's all going to really play. I would like to think that the Red Course is more of an equalizer while the Blue Course does favor the stronger arms. I am looking forward to seeing the scores at our Southern National May 17-18.

Ya'll come now, ya hear!!

Bill Trousdale
Re: Which way do we go?
March 26, 2003 06:25AM
Where is this course? Didn't say anything in thread.
March 26, 2003 06:27AM
I just went to tournament listings and saw that Little Rock is that weekend...Is this replacing Burns park? Or am I confused all together!

Thanks for responding!
John Kittrell
March 26, 2003 07:30AM
Addie- you are not confused. Bill and the gang in Little Rock have added another 18 hole course at Burns Park. Great job!! Hopefully it'll get worked in within the next year since it appears I may be moving to the Rock next year. (any chance of getting more courses, Mobile has me spoiled) Later...
John K
March 26, 2003 08:40AM
Bill,

Since we have an extra basket, now that the park made us pull the one by the visiter's center, I would like to cast my vote for a practice basket by the joint # 1 teepad for both courses....Just a thought unless you have plans to squeeze in a hole somewhere else.

Aaron Hathaway
March 26, 2003 08:11PM
John, we do have another course in the works at Boyle Park in Little Rock. We have marked 18 holes, but that's as far as we've gotten because of all the work that was required at Burns Park. Hopefully we will have that course in by next years state championships.
March 28, 2003 01:07AM
Yes, it's Burns Park, North Little Rock. Instead of adding 18 holes I think of it as putting in two new courses. The Red Course (18 holes) only has three existing holes. Everything else is new. The Blue Course (19 holes) has 10 of the existing holes. The other nine are new. However there are alternate pin placements planned for several of the existing holes. They may be in by the May 17-18 SN. With a month and a half left we're looking pretty good. I finished the course map. If I scan it is there some place I can send it for posting so ya'll can get a preview?

Bill Trousdale
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013