Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

LA Open

Posted by Todd Traylor 
LA Open
July 11, 2002 10:53PM
Jim

Hey i was wondering if you could add the LA Open to your tournaments to come list . It will be a P.D.G.A. B-tier and a Southern national Q . Two days of discgolf 4 rounds with a final 6 on Sep 28-29 . Greenwood 9/28 Highlandroad 9/29. 300 Dollars add to the pro purse so far with more to come . Hope to see everybody there .

Thanks Jim
jim
Re: LA Open
July 15, 2002 09:51PM
you got it ,jim
July 16, 2002 08:35PM
thanks jim todd
vl
August 13, 2002 09:52PM
aincw ir ia atill not added to the sndg.org web site..

Louisiana Open 2002
PDGA B TIER ~ SNQ
September 28 - 29, 2002
Baker & Baton Rouge, La.

Saturday: 10 AM TEE OFF
GREENWOOD [pdga.com]

Sunday: 9 AM TEE OFF
HIGHLAND [pdga.com]

Currently 600$ Added to pro purse
players package - tshirt & other stuff (tbd)
event guide
plaques 3 deep in all divisions
ctp's
ring o fire's
ace pot
ace bounty

Open 60$
Pro Master 60$
GMaster 50$
Pro Women 50$
Advanced 45$
Adv Master 45$
Am Women 40$
Am Men 40$
Juniors & Novice 20$

EARLY REGISTRATION
TD: Todd Traylor PDGA #12396
11070 Mead Road #1006 BR, LA. 70816
225-252-0893
We will be set up at Highland Park - Fri Sept 27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
vl
August 14, 2002 07:28AM
a list of some of our sponsors...

Pat Fisher & Javier of Hooters ($ & free lunch Sun)

Dominos Pizza (free lunch)

Sulzer & Williams LLC

Lightning Discs

Robert Vitkowski

LORELEI JOHNSON #13697
FUTURE DISC GOLF WORLD CHAMPION
(Keith Johnson, Am Worlds TD)

LDGA

a growing list of 20$ hole sponsors

Innova Clinic on Fri @ Highland w/ ET

more to come upon final confirmation...

(Ams will be awarded stuff from Am & Pro Worlds)

expect the ususal SWEET payout...
vl
August 14, 2002 10:32AM
thanks to all the texans pitching in...

Lee and Jeke from Galveston are donating shirts and discs for the Am payout...

more info as it occurs...
August 15, 2002 06:02AM
Sounds like the LA Open is going to be a great event as it was last year. Thanks Todd, Vic and all the volunteers for making a great tournament in 2001 even better for 2002. I'll see ya' there.
vl
August 16, 2002 11:17PM
more sponsors...

for two years running, we'd like to thank the folks @

Academy Sports & Outdoors

for the generous donations...

also, the above mentioned Johnson's (AM Worlds TD & his daughter) sent a list of the AM WORLDS stamped stuff they are sending as a sponsorship...

z Magnets
ArchAngels
Towels
Cuzzies
BagTags

and Todd & I are donating much of what we brought back from miami too
(muhahaha Toad & I cashed at Worlds... whoohoo!)

the point is the AM payout will be spiked with AM Worlds merch...

you thought the payout last year was sweet. just wait!
vl
August 19, 2002 09:24PM
we are at nearly $700 added to the pro divisions...

thanks to Mike Taylor for his generous donation...
vl
August 30, 2002 07:39AM
the sponsor logos (so far) have been turned in to BREC (BR parks Dept)

thanks to them for the help in obtaining shirts and plaques at such a reasonable cost...
September 04, 2002 03:46PM
La open is coming along nice we will have well over a $1000 dollars in stuff to give out so that means more money for the pro's (pro's pro masters , pro woman and so on )

there will be free lunch from domino's on sat and free lunch from hooters on sunday with all the free power aide and water you can drink thanks to coke of baton rouge , there will be c.t.p.s and lots of other goodys . Free shirts for everybody and some free water bottles for the first ones to get them .

If anyone would like to sponser a hole for $25 dollars please let me know a.s.a.p. so that we can get the signs made before it's to late here is my contact info and if you would like to sign up early you can send your money and div. to me care of
Todd Traylor (la open)
11070 MEAD RD #1006
BATON ROUGE , LA 70816
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO ME TODD TRAYLOR

THERE WILL BE A FREE CLINIC FOR ANYONE THAT WANTS TO GO AND SEE , PUT ON BUY THE ONE THE ONLY E.T. AT HIGHLAND ROAD PARK ON FRIDAY THE 27 AND WE WILL BE SIGNING PEOPLE UP THAT DAY TO IF YOU WANT O SIGN UP EARLY BUT EARLY REG. IS BETTER IF YOU SIGN UP NOT YOU WILL BE ASURED OF A SPOT , THE BUMP RULE IS IN AFFECT FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS E-MAIL ME AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW (TDISCGOLFER@AOL.COM)

SEE EVERYBODY AT LA OPEN SEP, 28-29 2002
September 04, 2002 08:06PM
Hey Toad, is okay if some of us Texans want to come play? I mean, we won't have to lie to get in or anything, will we?

I'll get a check out to you in the next day or two...Adv Masters here I come!
vl
September 09, 2002 03:10PM
BREC has all the logos and the shirts and plaques are being ordered...

all is well... ;)
September 18, 2002 10:30PM
the time is near and everything is well in order , the courses look great and are in good shape and everyone is getting geared up for a great tourney. Hope everyone can make this one , it will be one to remember and i think everyone will have a great time , there will be all kinda ctp and other stuff , so everyone will most likly go home with somthing .

See everyone next Sat

We will be signing people up on Friday at Highland Rd park starting at about 3pm or so , so if you want to sign up early then come on out sign up and come watch E.T. give a clince on throwing

see everybody soon
Todd Traylor
September 23, 2002 05:37AM
The six safari holes for the final four open pros are marked at Highland Park. The approximate tee box, along with an arrow and the hole number to which you are throwing, are indicated in florescent orange paint on the ground.

Holes are (hopefully) designed so the final four can air it out, plus demonstrate control and accuracy. The gallery can easily enjoy the show.

Here's a brief description on how to find each hole, plus par estimate for the merely mortal. Real pros don't need mandos. OB comes into play on several holes.

Safari Hole 1 (Par 3)
=============
From by the #1 tee to hole #17. A long, straight downhill ace run for monster arms. Short throws risk landing in the OB creek. After putting out, walk up the hill toward the #18 tee and playground. Next tee is near the single tree at the edge of the playground.

Safari Hole 2 (Par 3)
=============
Throw to hole #4. Involves the arching branches of the largest and prettiest live oak trees in Highland park. Downhill shot. After putting out, walk up the slope and to the right. Tee is half way up the slope.

Safari Hole 3 (Par 5)
=============
Throw to hole #2. Boom. Downhill, across the valley and OB creek, then uphill to the hole. Fairly open until you cross the creek, then some brushy trees to contend with. After putting out, take a few steps to your left to the next tee (in the approach fairway of a normal hole 2 shot).

Safari Hole 4 (Par 4)
=============
Throw to hole #1. Down into the valley, and over to the hole. A few trees but generally open. After putting out, walk back out in the field. The tee is approximately half way between the #1 tee and the bridge leading to the (normal) #4 fairway.

Safari Hole 5 (Par 5)
=============
Throw to hole #13. Throw up the hill over the #1 tee to land in front of the narrow alley for a possible eagle. After putting out, walk behind the photomat (small building in #13 fairway) to find last tee.

Safari Hole 6 (Par 5)
=============
Throw to hole #1. Monster arm and control can possibly lead to another eagle. Downhill into a tight gap between the brush and OB creek, then parallel the OB creek and up to the hole. After putting out, walk to pavillion to bask in the glory of a top four finish in the LA Open.
vl
September 23, 2002 08:22AM
Thanks for the volunteer work and descriptions of the holes, Goby...

Good job!
September 24, 2002 09:16AM
hey what about the strom thats coming is the tournement still playing / >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> need to know

thanks
vl
September 24, 2002 09:22AM
yes it is still on...

the good news is Isadore should be passed us by the weekend and the courses drain fast :)

the weather channel and the NOAA web site are both predicting no rain by the weekend...
vl
September 24, 2002 09:42AM
this is from NOAA

today...becoming mostly cloudy and breezy with scattered afternoon showers and a few
thunderstorms. highs 80 to 85. northeast winds 15 to 20 mph. chance of rain 40 percent.

wednesday...windy. showers and thunderstorms with heavy rain at times. northeast winds increasing to 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph. highs near 80. chance of rain 80 percent

.thursday...very windy in the morning with torrential rainfall in showers and thunderstorms.winds and showers decreasing during the afternoon. highs in the lower 80s. east winds 40 to 50 mph with gusts to 70 mph
early...becoming northwest amd diminishing to 20 to 30 mph by late in the day. chance of
rain 90 percent.

.friday...becoming clear. lows near 70. highs in the mid 80s.

saturday...clear and less humid. lows 65 to 70. highs 80 to 85.

sunday and monday...clear and mild. lows near 60. highs around 80
vl
September 24, 2002 10:28AM
it is of course hard to predict weather, but things are actually looking good for the weekend.

scroll down the linked web page to see the BR & NO info

[iwin.nws.noaa.gov]

AFTER ISIDORE PASSES NORTH...AUTUMN-LIKE WEATHER WILL START TO SPREAD ACROSS THE AREA OVER THE WEEKEND THANKS TO A STRONG COLD FRONT WITH COOLER TEMPERATURES AND LOWER HUMIDITY. WILL INDICATE DECREASING WINDS AND SHOWERS IN THE THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING TIME PERIOD WITH MOSTLY CLEAR OR CLEAR SKIES ANTICIPATED FOR FRIDAY THROUGH MONDAY.
John Kittrell
September 24, 2002 01:08PM
Todd
How's the turnout looking. I'll be there but it won't be till Saturday morning. Looking forward to a great tournament.
Later
John K
September 24, 2002 06:53PM
john so far i have only had about 100 people tell me they were going to be there but as far as sign up i have only had about 2 pre reg. I hope the weather won't scare people away from what the weather channel says it will be nice around here this weekend the storm is suppost to past on thursday and clear up buy friday and be nice and sunny on sat. and sun, so i still have plans for a great tourney and a big show of people

Todd
Mystery disc golfer
September 24, 2002 07:13PM
yall are cazy folks
vl
September 24, 2002 07:31PM
I know of quite a few texans that are still coming too...

(Jimo, does that mean you won't be coming?)
September 24, 2002 10:20PM
mystery yes we are but we allso love are discgolf to so that helps out
vl
September 24, 2002 10:38PM
Hey Todd,

I got an email from the other Texicans and from Tony Bass about the event (if it would be cancelled) and I told them nope! We ain't askeerdt of no stinkin hurricane Isadore... and the event is not postponed.

It actually looks like we will be REALLY lucky. The hurricanes path puts the rain bands on the FLA side of things.

I have my hardhat, mudboots and life jacket just in case.

Second Annual Hurricane Party & Disc Golf Extravaganza!!
vl
September 25, 2002 10:29AM
I have confirmation from 7 texicans so far...

whoohoo!

They are contacting Joel Kelly too to see if he'll make it again...

I sure hope he does show up again... watching him an ET in the safari last year was a BLAST!

Thanks to the Arlington and Galveston teams for their ctp donations...
jim
September 25, 2002 01:17PM
as of today i donot feel good at all ,iam trying to find matthew a ride ,will and todd should do a very good job , everyone will pitch in and help out ,that what is so great about disc golf , bruce raff, ronnie , yourself want let nothning happen. ill be thinking about all of you at tee time ,ace one for me ,jim
jim
September 25, 2002 03:09PM
Maybe Todd Rowell might go?
vl
September 25, 2002 03:28PM
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, Jimo.

Since Todd is a PDGA TD and WillT is a BR local organizer there should be no problems at all... as far as running the event.

Will does a good job as SSWest SN rep and Todd handled last years C Tier very well, in my opinion.

I think the event is in good hands. Last year I got a really nice email from Guru after the La Open stating how impressed he was with what Todd had achieved. (Payout, completed TD report, shirts, event guide, etc)

Also folks like Goby (Mike) & others will be handling the Safari and with assistance from all the locals-- the event should go off without a hitch.

Take care and get well soon.

Victor
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013