Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2004 scedule

Posted by will t 
2004 scedule
March 26, 2003 01:33PM
I know it is early, but as I am trying to get the BR tournament dates for 2004, I realize that there are soo many more tournaments now in the SN, that I want to try and get a set weekend for most of my tournaments. They used to be on the 2nd weekend of each month, but that no longer is feesible.

If you know that your tournament falls on the same weekend every year, please let me know, I'll try and put mine around the ones that are conflicting.

I'm at work so I have to go now.

Will T
John Kittrell
Re: 2004 scedule
March 26, 2003 02:46PM
Will
I would say now is the time to stake your claim to a weekend. If you wait to determine whose toes your going to step on we will be in the same boat we were in over the last couple years. Just my opinion...
John k
misterbogey
March 26, 2003 08:18PM
Lafayette Tourney Schedule - same weekends every year

Mid-Winter Open - 2nd Saturday in January

Spring Tourney - First FULL weekend in April

Late Summer Fest - 2nd Saturday in September
March 26, 2003 08:19PM
Arkansas States 2 weeks after the May Memphis tournament, that should be the 3rd weekend in May.
March 26, 2003 09:02PM
Thanks guys, keep em comming.

I'm working it all out on a calander, and if we can get it together early enough, I plan on putting out a "SN Tournament" calander.

Thanks,
Will T
March 26, 2003 09:11PM
How about if Baton Rouge DOESN'T hold a tournament every freakin' month next year? That might make it easier to schedule.
v
March 26, 2003 09:12PM
baton rouge has had a long history of annual events-- some that were around before the SN...
if poplarvile wants another tournament, they have my blessing.

holmes sounds like a good runner-up.

but if baton rouge looses a weekend, crow better make some floor space.
Re: 2004 schedule
March 26, 2003 10:57PM
Sure, V, but do you really need 12 annual events? One a month? I love both Baton Rouge courses, and I have won more plastic there than anywhere else, but I would like to see bigger turnouts at tournaments, and that isn't going to happen when you have so many at once. I think that having one the weekend of the P'cola tournamentin April was a bad idea. And we were going to host a doubles tourney in Poplarville in July, but Will scheduled the Lakeside ClASSic that day, moving it up from its traditional weekend to make room for a deal in Shreveport. Why even have it? There's at least two more tournaments there before the end of the year anyway, and we rely on the guns from BR to make our tournament happen. Of course, after this weekend, we would probably be a bigger draw than a one-day event in BR. We are closer to New Orleans, Mobile, Pensacola, Hattiesburg, and Jackson, so what the hell, maybe we will have one the same weekend. So maybe we won't need BR. Schedule one every week for all I care.
And Errin, I actually have an extra bed and a comfy couch, but you would still be an hour from Poplarville at my place, and on the wrong side from BR at that.
March 27, 2003 11:15AM
as usual i am in agreement with mr. crow. baton rouge should just drop the may madness and the fall fling or move them to sundays instead. now i know why the b.r. disc golfers are always whining about how they are broke, they are constantly donating to out-of-towners every month. the revelation! sometimes i surprise even myself with my brilliance :)
March 27, 2003 01:45PM
Memphis first weekend in May....first weekend in November.

Brad
www.Memphisdiscgolf.com
March 27, 2003 03:54PM
Thanks Brad, and Crow, do what you need to do man. Doug W has another one on that day as well, so go @#$%& at him for a while.
March 27, 2003 10:21PM
I'm at home now, and re read these threads. Gee Mike, like we havn't had that discussion before. I had been planning to do some tweaking to our scedule for this year, but it is not up to me alone. Our parks commission has been very instrumental in having these courses, and tournaments, and I've already oversteped my boundries with them possibily.

But Crow, Dude grow up. I really like the @#$%& in clASSic. Shows that you are truely here just to try and cut someone down, or build yourself up. I don't know. Why don't you take some of the responsibilities of running tournaments, putting together a mailing list, getting a calander together, GO GET SPONSORS, do something else but @#$%& about Baton Rouge having too many tournaments.

All of our tournaments used to be PDGA, then they were nothing, then thank God for Jim O and the SN. There will ALWAYS be conflicting tournaments, and we do try to keep it so no one is in conflict within a 3 hour radius of the tournaments.

As for the clASSic, the 3 other tournaments are in Florida (P-cola, and for the PDGA nuts - Gainsville (good luck Mikey-Mike), and for N. Miss Tupelo.
If not for the clASSic, I'd be at home picking my nose. Plus these are all 2 day events, and some people can't afford to go away for a weekend durring tax time.

When I changed the July tournament, there was NOTHING on the weekend of the 5th, and S-port City didn't want their tournament so close to the 4th of July. So... Now Doug has a tourny that weekend, and now you do too. Have fun,
Will T
SN #24
March 27, 2003 10:44PM
Will, I like you man. I wasn't trying to cut you down, or build myself up, I just can't resist an @#$%& in ClASSic, no matter where I see it. Kind of like any hockey team with the name Ice in the name becomes @#$%&. Like the Louisiana ASSGators. If I wanted to cut people down and build myself up, I would demonstrate my superior writing skills, and cut everyone's spelling and grammar down. But it's @#$%& frustrating to try and schedule a tournament as it is, then when you can count on a BR tournament pretty much every month, you are cut to three weekends a month, if you want the BR guys to show (and we really do.) Here, not counting the SNC's, are the BR tournaments scheduled for the rest of 2003:
4/12, 5/10, 6/7, 7/5, 8/9, 9/20, 9/27-28, 11/15. With the one-tournament-per-month budget that I have heard from a lot of players (BR guys included) that either makes players have to skip a BR event if there is one they really want to play somewhere else. I think you are hurting your own turnouts by scheduling so many. Look at Hattiesburg. Two tournaments a year, huge turnouts. When was the last time 147 people showed up in BR? Yet I think both courses in BR are better than Hattiesburg. I used to drive three hours when I lived in H'burg just to play BR. Sometimes less is more.
March 28, 2003 12:01AM
Crow, I need to practice what I preach (see the thread you started @ SNC)

I have been working on trying to cut some down, but forget who all I've told. When I feel I'm getting attacked, and don't catch the humor, I sometimes try to strike back, bad grammar and all. (what can you expect, I graduated from LSU!)

That was the whole reason I started working on the calender idea, to figure when tournaments were needed, and when they were, but at the same time, H-berg's two events may bring in that many people, but over the course of the year, we both bring in the same $ to the SN Chps. Not every tournament has to be that huge, which is why the Idea of the few "major" tournaments has begun to apeal to me.

Let me know how I can help in any way, and if I was attacking you, you can just kick my @#$%& in Poplarville in two days!!!

Sorry, I lost Bag Tag #1 to a local (NOT ON PURPOSE) at my Sunday league. He had just purchased #150 something, and won #1. He said he may show up in Poplarville, but I'll keep his identity a mystery for now, so he isn't bombarded with challenges.

Till Sat,
Willy BT
March 28, 2003 07:27AM
Very noble of you, Will, but I think somebody already put his name on another thread. If I had a bag tag, I might even go try to find it. And as far as it goes, for this or any other board, YOUR spelling and grammar is quite good. I guess I need to work on my emoticon usage a bit :p
See you tomorrow, bro'.
March 28, 2003 08:47AM
Well it's going to be tough but I think we can do it. This will definitely be the world record longest Tournament but with everyone's help it is doable.
I am taking 2005 off to run this Tournament so everyone get your entries in now.

Here is what is listed on the Tournament Schedule...

Bud Hill Tournament Memphis, TN
Date(s): 11/06/2004 thru 11/07/2005

We are ambitious indeed in Memphis. heh heh

Brad
John Kittrell
March 28, 2003 09:59AM
Mistake noted and corrected - it's nice to know someone reads that far ahead...
John K
March 28, 2003 07:57PM
"11/6/2004 - 11/7/2005" That's a real Ironman tourny, a year and a day!!!! Sign me up, all I have is disc golf any way. (Don't go there Mikey-Mike!)
March 28, 2003 09:23PM
Will I love you man
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013