Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ams Gator Country Classic

Posted by John Kittrell 
John Kittrell
Ams Gator Country Classic
March 27, 2003 09:59AM
The points are posted for the Ams Country Gator Classic held in Gainesville, FL 22-23 Mar. I'd like to thank Shawn Harrigan for running the tournament (PDGA B-tier) and pushing the SN envelope farther east in Florida by making it a SNQ. Only 7 of the 90 players had played in a SN tournament this season. The big winner was Matt O who came in 3rd and gained mucho points on the field (sorry Fair). Also Mike Taylor is making a run in the Adv Masters by showing up. The Pro Gator Country Classic is 12-13 April. Thanks again Shawn...
John K
Re: Ams Gator Country Classic
March 27, 2003 10:19AM
Congrats Matt....way to go!! Griff
March 27, 2003 10:35AM
Slow down, Goby, I'm never gonna catcha like this! RwC
v
March 27, 2003 10:45AM
there is no stopping dr goby. he is fish on a mission.

gobyquest.

mike has only been playing for less than two years. he has a great coaching staff, though. :^p and is in training to join us in the pro OMB div by next SN season... good job goby...

btw, congrats to rob o'dell for moving up to pro masters. he played well enough to cash at the last mobile event and accepted the prizemoney... so that is one less OMB you have to catch in the points race, Russ...

(now if we can get gg [and other OMBs for life] to move up-- we may end up with a sizable pro old fart div next season)

and in a few more years, JK and jimmyjam and others will be old guys too-- allthough they are probably not in a hurry to get old.

:^)
v
March 27, 2003 10:47AM
actually, now that i think about it... rob is still in the OMB points race... he just won't be getting anymore OMB points so maybe you can catch him russ...
v
March 27, 2003 11:16AM
jk,

the event was 4 rounds... the results only show three
John Kittrell
March 27, 2003 12:54PM
v
I know I've email Brian , hopefully he'll have the fix. It all looked good when I sent it both times. One of the rounds were being dropped which is why I didn't mention the results being posted, being incorrect and all...
John K
jim
March 27, 2003 01:00PM
i would like to thank the whole crew for a great tournament. it was very well run and had all the extra. the lunches were great with the money going toward their charity. it was nice not having to rush off and get something to eat. i could not beleived they beat up on little matt like that. second place went to a 14 year old dd, we have some great young talent coming up. gainesville could teach us all about getting sponsors, they had a board full. they filled it up at 90 players and the same will go for the pro leg. be sure to call and make sure you have a spot. now go ace one for me , jim
v
March 28, 2003 09:04AM
for those interested.... here are the results for all 4 rounds...

[floridatour.netfirms.com]
I just returned from playing two events in Florida: The Gator Country Classic and the Melbourne Open (both Am events, pro events still to come). Both events were a blast and were held on very good courses. I performed well on the first day of both events and fell apart during the second day. I was slowing down, at tdwriter's request. =8)

The Gator Country Classic was a prime example of how to organize and run a tournament. That train ran on time! All women received prizes and a single red rose (a nice touch). Thanks to Shawn Harrigan and his group of volunteers.

Congrats to Matt Orum for taking third in Advanced at Gainesville. You got the right stuff. Congrats also to Mrs. Goby who took first place in the Intermediate Women's division at Melbourne. It was her second PDGA win. She got whooped up on at Gainesville but came back strong at Melbourne: she would have placed third in Adv. Women.
v
April 01, 2003 06:07AM
congrats to team goby!
April 01, 2003 06:11AM
Goby, thanks for the chance to catch up. I managed to come out on top at my home course, but there were only nine in the field. Several players that usually enter didn't make it for some reason or another.

Next stop, Tupelo, where the holes are short. I suppose we'll get to meet in Birmingham and hopefully play in a group together (hopefully the leader group). I just hope that there are some advanced masters this time.

Look forward to seeing ya there. BTW, the results of our Spring tournament on in the forum. RwC
put me in coach :^p
April 01, 2003 06:35AM
OMB Points

Greg Guidry 92
Mike Taylor 91
Rob O'Dell 81
Russ Corey 68

since mr i'dell accepted pro master cash, russ has one less OMB to worry about & needs only 23 points to be in the #1 OMB points race... good work russ...

considering goby has only played for less than 2 years, he be doin' far mo' betta than otay!

this weekend should be quite the OMB point battle. :^p
get your arse to acadiana russ!

watch out for patL on that course...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013