Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SN Points

Posted by Jonas 
SN Points
April 01, 2003 12:37PM
I was wondering how the points work for those who switch divisions in the middle of the season. If someone plays two divisions and has enough points for prizes at the end, do they get awarded for both divisions, or only one?
v
Re: SN Points
April 01, 2003 12:42PM
you are awarded points for the divisions you play in at any event.

if you switch divisions mid season you end up with points in two divisions. (or more divs, say... if you'd go from AM to ADV to PRO)

you cannot mix and match points for a higher points total, in other words...
John Kittrell
April 01, 2003 01:00PM
Vic is correct. Whatever division you play in in a particular tournament - that is where your points are...
John k
The Zinger
April 01, 2003 01:34PM
If I read Jonas's question correctly, he is asking if you have enough points in two divisions to get prizes in both divisions, if Jim would only give you one prize, or two prizes (for the two divisions).
John Kittrell
April 01, 2003 02:12PM
I would assume if you qualify for prizes based on your points in two or more divisions then you would get both prizes....

but there is a misconception...what are the prizes? - no set prizes have been determined or are gauranteed for the points winner in each division. For the most part it has been a "prestige" thing. Jim O usually gives out a disc with the SN logo, the points season, the division, and total number of points for the top five in each division. (last year being the exception with the points being a mess) During the SN Chasmpionship the top 5 or 10 (depending how far back you go) played off for a prize the first round. For example, two years ago the top ten in points in the open division played for $100. You were also placed on the board in the order of points (that year I finished @4 in points so I was on the lead card to start the SN tournament (and fell like a rock pretty much as soon as the tournament started)

That was a couple years ago... I've talked to Jim O and his position was that the City that ran the SN Championship Pro or AM would come up with the prizes if any for the points leaders in the divisions. This year Will t has to determine the prizes for the points leader if any... does the money come out of the $2 each person paid in, does all the $2 go into the tournament payout.

Personally I believe a predetermined "prize" should be awarded to the points leader in each division to give each player something to play for from the very beginning, if the prize was great enough maybe it would generate larger turnout at tournaments. Just some thoughts...
John K
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013