Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Scottlandville Park (BR)

Posted by Ascension Acer 
Ascension Acer
New Scottlandville Park (BR)
April 01, 2003 03:19PM
I drove by the new Scottlandville Park today (and made it through alive:). I was on 72nd Street heading towards to I-110 overpass...is the new course going to be on both sides of 72nd Street or just one? The right side has the baseball field and the left side has the valley area and creek.

Who knows what the plan is there? It looks like a great park...just a really really bad area!!!
v
Re: New Scottlandville Park (BR)
April 01, 2003 03:44PM
if you approach the park from the airline side you'll be closer to where (i think) the proposed course will be installed.

that "front" area is more isolated from the bad area you mention. you can see it from that high ramp from airline to i110...

will and i drove the neighborhood directly across from where i refer to (by accident) and that residential area isn't as bad as a bit farther north into the hood.

the good news, is that it would be REALLY difficult to walk-- or even get to the bad hood from that "front" area where the parking lot is. i think the service road access is actually off of plank road. there is a white whale (abandoned shopping center) where that service road can be accessed.

we've walked that park a few times and it would be a great spot for a course.

there is a better spot for a course (IMO) behind the lake at greenwood in the 100 acre woods near cypress bayou.
ACCORDING TO BREC AND MISTY WHOM WORKS FOR BREC THERE IS NO NEW COURSE IN THE WORKS FOR AT LEAST TWO YEARS TO COME. WE ARE WORKING ON GETTING CONCRETE TEES ANDS HOLE SIGNS FOR THE COURSES WE ALREADY HAVE. BREC IS NOT CONFIDENT AT THIS TIME FOR THAT PARTICULAR AREA FOR A COURSE.

RONNIE COOK
why did we need a new topic for this?
thezinger
Re: New Scottlandville Park (BR)
April 01, 2003 06:47PM
Errin, why don't you answer your phone?
i was on the line with ronnie cook.
how about having a temporary course set up in scotlandville for a tournament? i bet we could round up 18 baskets if we really tried, or at least 9.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013