Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

new course

Posted by rick pierpoint 
new course
July 20, 2002 11:58PM
There is a new course in poperville,ms at the shcool nice 18 but will be a course to test ur skills.
Re: new course
July 21, 2002 06:53PM
A little bit more info may be helpful, Rick. Shane Seal and myself have recently installed an 18 hole course with multiple tee pads for all levels of play. The course is in Poplarville, MS which is 20 miles north of Picayune on I 59 North. Take exit 27 to Pearl River Community College. The course is located at the very back of campus.

It is a challenging, yet fun course with lots of elevation changes. There are several holes where water will come into play. Come check it out. It's worth the trip!
vl
November 19, 2002 03:20PM
please post any events you may have planned for 2003...
thanks
kary
November 25, 2002 01:29PM
I'm coming down to Hattiesburg Thanksgiving weekend, and I was hoping to try this course out Saturday morning the 30th, weather permitting. It's been years since I've been down to PRCC but I imagine I can find the course alright. Is the layout fairly straight forward and easy to follow? Are there marked tees and/or tee signs? Anything else I should know or be aware of?

Do any of the locals want to meet for a round the morning of the 30th?

Thanks,

-Kary
kary
November 26, 2002 09:51AM
Oh yeah, if any of the Hub City Sky Valet want to ride down with me from H'burg and play a round, let me know. I will be leaving pretty early Saturday morning, though.

-Kary
Tony Bass
November 26, 2002 10:35AM
Kary,
This sounds like fun. Although I'm not exactly sure what the other "Valet" members will be doing, but I would be glad to ride down with you and show you around the course. Where are you going to be coming from and about what time are you going to be arriving in Hattiesburg? Reply and let me know, and I'll find out what everyone else's plans are for the day. Maybe we can round up enough for some doubles or something! Have you been playing long? Also what is your home course? If I have played it, I will try and give you some comparison of the two courses. All I can say for now is bring your "long arm". Reply back and I will let you know what's up.
Oh yeah, is anyone else coming wioth you?
TheZinger
November 26, 2002 11:00AM
hey tony,,,yall need to attend the Turkey Shoot!!! are you scared?? ;)
Tony Bass
November 26, 2002 11:19AM
Terry,
I would love to attend the turkey shoot if it wasn't quite so far! That's a long ways to travel from H'burg. But I would still be willing to make the drive to play a new course, truth of the matter is, I just don't have the funds right now. I'm saving my money for the Blue Angel tournament, just because they say it is so nice, and that it is a short, tight course which hopefully will give me a chance to make some cash, since I will probably play pro. Although I am not sure yet, I'm going to have to wait and see the course before I decide what division I am playing in. Wish I could attend them both, but just don't have the $$$. Are you planned on going to this event? If you can get to H'burg, you could probably ride over to Pensacola with some of us, although that's not for sure right now. I don't really know for sure who all is going, much less who is going to be willing to drive. But reply and let me know if you are considering it, and we will squeeze you in somewhere. Oh and by the way, "scared of who".
TheZinger
November 26, 2002 11:32AM
Tony I understand. I am headed up to W Monroe Fri. with Will. I will be the first time up there. Don't know yet if I am going to the Blue Angel Tournament. I am wanting to attend the tournament at Rivendale. I need some practice over there for the Mardi Gras Madness. Yall should try to attend that one. Win some cash in pro so you will have the $$$ for it.
Good luck and have fun.
November 26, 2002 11:58AM
Tony,

I'm getting to Hattiesburg Friday evening. The purpose of the trip is to visit the family, so I'm going to have to leave early Saturday morning so that I can get back around noon and my mom won't be too upset that she hasn't seen me in months and I'm taking off to play disc golf!

My parents live off King road which is across 98 from Oak Grove high school. If you let me know where to pick you and whoever else up I can come by Saturday morning and get you. I'm thinking of leaving the house about 7:00am. I think that would be plenty of time to drive down, play and get back by noon or so.

My home course is Lake Lowndes in Columbus but I've played most of the courses in the state. I've been playing for about a year and a half. Of course Paul B was the first course I ever played back in high school.

If you've got a number I can reach you at, I'll call you Friday sometime and we can setup the details. You can click on my name at the top of this post for my email address.

Thanks,

-Kary
toad
November 26, 2002 09:24PM
wipper snapper

I am going to try and make it up to north Louisiana to play so you better bring your game with you cus the old toad is back and he is coming to kick som zinger butt!
TheZinger
November 26, 2002 10:26PM
hey todd, the object of disc golf is to get the disc inside the basket, not dinking the side with you putter

:) hope to see you there
November 27, 2002 03:45AM
Does anyone have an idea of roughly how long, time-wise, the drive is from Baton Rouge to Monroe?
TheZinger
November 27, 2002 10:14AM
roughly 3 1/2 hours
of course it is quicker if driven faster
November 27, 2002 12:26PM
Thanks, TZ. Does that mean it takes longer if driven slower? =8)
December 02, 2002 04:31PM
Thanks Tony and Dale for getting up early and showing me around the course. It is really nice and I recommend anybody who is down that way to check it out!

Laters,

-Kary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013