Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

blue angel tourney

Posted by mike s. 
Re: blue angel tourney
April 07, 2003 02:55PM
one of the pitfalls of democracy is that popular culture is dragged down to the lowest possible standard. when people have the freedom to say & type whatever comes into their head, threads like this are the inevitable result.

so don't be offended by a few stupid posts, REJOICE that you live in the greatest and most democratic country the world has ever known, where even idiots have more freedom than the royalty of other nations.

and i would like to thank the U.S. Navy for keeping this great country safe for all of us who don't think before we type...hold your chin high sailor!

a message from ABF-3 Mikey Kernan, Honorably Discharged Navy Veteran from the USS Forrestal AVT-59 Decom Crew
gopher
April 07, 2003 03:33PM
go blue angels
houston disc golfer
April 07, 2003 05:52PM
if my kids were too dumb to understand that a couple of dumb messages get thrown in with all the good stuff on these forums, then i wouldn't let them have a computer. can't ya delete these messages if they have cuss words ?

pensacola is in texas isn't it?
April 07, 2003 06:53PM
Wasn't the USS Forrestal the ship that had the huge accident where a lot of sailors were killed and injured? Were you on the ship when it happened or am I thinking of the wrong ship?

Brad
how many open players are ya'll expecting?
April 07, 2003 10:09PM
no, i wasn't on the ship when it blew up in 1967, that was arizona senator John McCain on it though. he was in the fire on the Forrestal, then he was a POW for 5 years after he was shot down later. he was either really unlucky, or lucky depends on how you look at it.
April 07, 2003 10:34PM
Geez, Mike S., I hate that this thread drifted in the direction that it did, but it is certainly no reason to stop posting forever.
I maintained a message board once, and I had the ability to delete messages that weren't fit for the board. My job was made easier, though, by our webmaster, who set it up to where it would block selected words. It didn't dot the words out like the PDGA board does, either. It wouldn't allow the post at all, and then they had to re-type the entire thing, further punishment for their indiscretion. Can't we do this to manage the people who can't manage themselves?
jim
April 08, 2003 07:30AM
i will look into what we can do about it. it is a shame that it is not used for what we intended it to be used for.it has saved td alot of time and has spread alot of good info to all. i hope everyone will keep asking and putting good info on this site , thanks for your help jim
why the poor pitiful outlook simply because we as sportsman are ragging each other, hopefully nobody really takes the kidding too seriously. trash talking is part of the game, you'll find it in any sport, even disc golf. it's perfectly healthy, well, except for the idiot who called me the f-ing shrub in the fairway. did you have to use the f-bomb?
gopher
April 08, 2003 01:49PM
all in good fun
Tony Bass
April 09, 2003 02:30PM
Mike,

Could you please disregard all the idiotic messages left on this thread for just a minute, and let me know what the entry fees are going to be. Also who, and how many open players you are expecting. I'm seiously thinking about coming down, for one thing to see the new pro tees, and another this will be the last tourney I get to play in for quite some time. (other than the Buc. doubles of course!!!) I sure would appreciate it! Sorry for all the ignorance that has been displayed of late. I don't know what these people are thinking????????????????????????

TB
April 10, 2003 07:01AM
Tony
get with jim on line he has all that info, call me at 850-382-4912 if you want a cabin so i can reserve for you. they are going fast
hey mike, where were the cabins located, and what's the cost?
April 10, 2003 09:19AM
I'm not sure if the person that started this thread is still there, but I would like to know when the next Pensacola tourney is.

And I would like to know what is required to play the course on an non-tourney day.
April 10, 2003 10:42AM
Youm don't know what they're thinking? Heck, I don't even know what was said. Must have missed something while I was busy playing golf.
SPENCER,
April 10, 2003 12:13PM
I need to get directions on how to get to
the tournement
John Kittrell
April 10, 2003 12:57PM
Spencer or anybody coming from the west,
(South from I-10 from any of the exits on the west side of mobile bay will take you to 98east but the foley exit @mile marker 42 will for sure) come east on 98 from alabama go over the lillian ala. bridge into fla. go about 2 miles look on your right hand side for a white sign that says blue angel naval rec. area turn in and go to welcome center and they will take care of you

John k
Tony Bass
April 10, 2003 01:31PM
Mr. Jim,

If you're out there, can you please post the entry fees? Thank you.
Oh yeah, John K. who all is coming from Mobile that you know of?

TB
John Kittrell
April 10, 2003 03:37PM
Just talked to Jim O - here are the entry fees for the tournament this weekend in P'cola

Open men - $40
Pro master - $35
Grandmaster and pro women - $30
Advanced and adv master - $25
Am men and am women - $20
Juniors and novice - $15
Juniors and novices will only be playing Saturday

I'm not sure how many open players will come from Mobile but the one-day December tournament had 8 open pro men from Mobile.

With 4 SN tournaments going on this weekend (including an A-tier PDGA event Good luck Mikey Kernan REPRESENT!) this will be the biggest weekend in SN history. I'm guessing @320 total between all 4 tournaments. The Southern National tour ROCKS!!!
Tony Bass
April 11, 2003 09:14AM
K.C. Heckathorn,

What's up man? I'm hopefully going to be arriving in P'Cola around 3:30 and was wondering if maybe you could meet me out there to show me the new pro tees, man I can't wait to see them. If you can't thats cool, I'll probably be out there until dark, so come out and meet me whenever you can. Or if you are not planned on coming out at all, maybe you could reach Steve M., or Scott H. to show me around. Anyways I'll see ya'll in a few hours. Peace!!!

TB
April 11, 2003 01:22PM
can we play on friday at the course or do we need a military i.d.
April 11, 2003 02:10PM
you can come in starting thursday with no questions asked, just tell them you are going to the disc golf course to practice
John Kittrell
April 14, 2003 08:07AM
The blue angel tournament was great. The weather was awesome and the course was amazing. The new pro tees were challenging with EVEN being the best score. I'll have the results up sometime today. Just a couple of notes - the winner of the pro division was Tony Bass with an amazing -15 from the short tees the last round, and Matt O came in second in the open division and KEPT the cash!! Open players watch out...
John k
April 14, 2003 09:00AM
Fair should be pleased as punch to hear that our boy Matt split with the cheese!! Way to go Matt!! Congrats to P'cola!! Griff
if the show fits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013